Hollis Auto Body Repair in MA

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
Hello fellow MA Lucid owners,

Have any of you had any experience with Holis Auto Body repair in Ashland ? They're the approved repair shop for Lucid in MA and I contacted them following a minor accident my Lucid was involved with (pic enclosed) where my rear left wheel cover was scratched and there was a small scratch on the surrounding rim.

They got back to me and gave me an appointment date 1.5 months out and then said the repair would take 3-4 weeks!! I'm stunned, I took it to my local mechanic who said it's barely half a days work, u replace the wheel cover and repair the scratch. When I questioned Holid they said Lucid approved repair people were in short supply and they have to do a back and forth with insurance. When I offered to pay out of pocket to speed up the process they still wouldn't give me a faster turnaround.

Any suggestions from folks here ?

tempImagezUmQPh.jpg

The black part is the cover or insert, the silver part is the metal wheel. From the picture, I'd say it won't buff out and needs a new wheel.

Have any of you had any experience with Holis Auto Body repair in Ashland ? They're the approved repair shop for Lucid in MA and I contacted them following a minor accident my Lucid was involved with (pic enclosed) where my rear left wheel cover was scratched and there was a small scratch on the surrounding rim.

They got back to me and gave me an appointment date 1.5 months out and then said the repair would take 3-4 weeks!! I'm stunned, I took it to my local mechanic who said it's barely half a days work, u replace the wheel cover and repair the scratch. When I questioned Holid they said Lucid approved repair people were in short supply and they have to do a back and forth with insurance. When I offered to pay out of pocket to speed up the process they still wouldn't give me a faster turnaround.

View attachment 8629
Sadly the 3-4 weeks is typical for body work right now for Lucid; there just aren’t that many body shops. That said, that wheel can be refinished (if it’s able to be refinished) by many retailers, and you can buy a new insert from Lucid.

If it was mine I would just buy a little touch up paint and touch up that small area myself and buy a replacement wheel and keep the insurance out of it. Not worth the chance of a Insurance Premium increase over that small of damage.

I bought a new 19" wheel from Lucid, rim and tire, to keep as full spare in the garage ~$1200 included mounting tire and balancing.

My car is currently there, and I will hopefully get it back within the next week or two. Unfortunately, a completely new (electric) car has caused significant delays with the insurance company, an adjustor, getting parts from Lucid, etc., and cars there are probably taking up bays for a much longer time than usual. They have been very helpful to me in navigating the insurance and rental car two-step, but I had to reach out to Lucid to get them to expedite some parts that went AWOL in transit. (At one point my 19" wheel was on back order.) Since the parts have all arrived, I was finally able to get an estimated finish date. I spoke with the folks at the Natick Service Center, which works closely with them, and they will pick up my car from Hollis to complete updates/software adjustments when the body work is done. The Hollis shop was pretty full and there was another Lucid with significant damage taking up an adjacent bay when I stopped in a couple weeks ago. If you have a ZR GT, maybe you can drive it down the day I pick mine up, and they won't notice it's a different car and just work on it??? Good luck; this is an unfortunate drawback for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 8629
Damn sorry Imran, if you didn’t have bad luck with your Lucid you’d have no luck at all. My only experience with them was when the Lucid crew was working out of their shop, not with any body work.

Back