Repair Costs

To replace that will be in the thousands. If probably get some Dr colorchip and just paint it to not look as bad
I agree. Whatever you think it should cost, triple your estimate or more. I had a similar repair, but caused by someone else so their insurance paid. It cost over $10K to replace that bumper cover, the small trim pieces in the bumper cover and a piece of insulation behind the cover. A similar repair on my BMW was $3k.

That looks expensive. A tiny nothing gouge on the trunk lid got me a quote of $2,2xx

If you go for touchup paint it looks imo to be too deep to properly fill up in 1 pass and you may need a few applications.

Hard to tell from just the photo but some areas on the edge look like it's asking for Bondo/auto putty and some sanding.

Automatic gate closed on my wife while she was driving my drunk ass home one night. Required a bumper replacement and I had to have the PPF redone on the quarter panel. Cost for bumper replacement was $1847.44. My PPF was $600 to remove and readd. I had a small dent removed as well by a paintless dent removal place for $500. Took about 2 weeks for the body work. I didn’t go through insurance either.

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpeg
    IMG_3678.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3677.jpeg
    IMG_3677.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3679.jpeg
    IMG_3679.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
To replace that will be in the thousands. If probably get some Dr colorchip and just paint it to not look as bad
Wow… not what I wanted to hear Bob. Thanks for the information. does Anyone know if it’s possible to have a fascia sent to my house from lucid?

That looks expensive. A tiny nothing gouge on the trunk lid got me a quote of $2,2xx

If you go for touchup paint it looks imo to be too deep to properly fill up in 1 pass and you may need a few applications.

Hard to tell from just the photo but some areas on the edge look like it's asking for Bondo/auto putty and some sanding.
yes definitely too much for touch up paint. The easiest would be replace the fascia, but for some reason it seems to be a difficult process.

Automatic gate closed on my wife while she was driving my drunk ass home one night. Required a bumper replacement and I had to have the PPF redone on the quarter panel. Cost for bumper replacement was $1847.44. My PPF was $600 to remove and readd. I had a small dent removed as well by a paintless dent removal place for $500. Took about 2 weeks for the body work. I didn’t go through insurance either.
did lucid service center replace the bumper?

thanks,
Andy

No, Barsottis in San Rafael, Ca did the work - they are lucid certified

I'm scared hearing all these repair costs. Several of them costing more than my whole fully functioning car old mazda3.

Has anyone had the plastic chin under the front bumper replaced? Prone to scraping and valet scraped mine. Wondering how much this costs.

Has anyone had the plastic chin under the front bumper replaced? Prone to scraping and valet scraped mine. Wondering how much this costs.
I have. It’s a few hundred bucks iirc (less than 3, more than 1)

Yep, be prepared for sticker shock on your repairs. I managed to put what I thought was minor damage to the front panel on the driver's side. I assumed it was going to be expensive because there's a sensor there. I was thinking $3k. Nope, $10k. Ouch.

Anyone had to or chosen to repair the front bumper lower valence from the occasional curb scrapes and dip or driveway scrapes? Curious to what that might cost......

It’s amazing how good the car still looks after significant damage. I was able to drive mine after my accident while I waited for parts, but my front end looked almost completely fine, minus a single perfect circular hole that their tailpipe went through. All the electronics worked. I barely felt anything.

~$20000 repair (about 4-5k of which was radar/ppf)

Her 2002 Camry? Totaled.

And before anyone gets on me about rear ending someone, you weren’t there, lol. I’m not sure I know of literally anyone who could have avoided this one, following someone who short stopped from about 55 to about 5 to try and make an exit about 80 feet away. I almost swerved but couldn’t safely. The car did slam on the brakes (as did I, and admittedly I’m not sure which one of us did first) and it couldn’t quite save it. Impact at about 10-12mph.

Parts took about 6-8 weeks. Work took about another 4-6.
Tsk tsk, ‘following too closely’. ;)

Back