Repairs slow, waiting on parts

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
Hello everyone, sorry I haven’t been active on this forum for 5+ months, but I haven’t had my lucid since September.

So I got into an accident (a tractor trailer rear ended me on 95N last September), which caused the entire backside of my lucid AGT to be damaged.

It took Lucid’s authorized repair center in MA (Hollis auto repair) 2 mo the before they accepted my car into their facility because they have limited availability and finally I dropped it off in November.

It’s now February, 3 months, and they still haven’t repaired it because they’re saying some if the replacement parts are back ordered and lucid won’t tell them when they can ship them!

So it’s been 5 months and I have no idea when my car will be fixed!! Which as u can imagine is unacceptable for a luxury auto costing this much! 🤷🏽‍♂️

Any suggestions from this group would be much appreciated!

Thanx!

Hello everyone, sorry I haven’t been active on this forum for 5+ months, but I haven’t had my lucid since September.

So I got into an accident (a tractor trailer rear ended me on 95N last September), which caused the entire backside of my lucid AGT to be damaged.

It took Lucid’s authorized repair center in MA (Hollis auto repair) 2 mo the before they accepted my car into their facility because they have limited availability and finally I dropped it off in November.

It’s now February, 3 months, and they still haven’t repaired it because they’re saying some if the replacement parts are back ordered and lucid won’t tell them when they can ship them!

So it’s been 5 months and I have no idea when my car will be fixed!! Which as u can imagine is unacceptable for a luxury auto costing this much! 🤷🏽‍♂️

Thanx!
That sucks, it really does, but there's a reason body shops everywhere are backed up. Too many accidents are happening to everyone! Ask @joec

Thanx!
you saga is not uncommon, parts for these cars are not easily found.
it took 5+ months to get my tesla repaired after being rear ended.
IMG_0173.JPG

Thanx!
I don’t have any suggestions. It’s a total bummer to be without your car for so long. But you are not alone.

Repair shops all over the country are swamped. I suppose cold weather, snow, and ice compound the problem. Here in my area of Colorado there’s exactly one shop authorized to do Lucid body work. And they mainly do Lexus and Toyota. So it can take more than a month just to get them to look at your car.

With the parts, I’m not sure where the delay comes in. The factory seems well capable enough to make body panels and whatnot. My guess is that some of the more complicated sensors and assemblies from third parties are the holdup there.

In any case, I hope you get your car back soon.

With the parts, I’m not sure where the delay comes in. The factory seems well capable enough to make body panels and whatnot. My guess is that some of the more complicated sensors and assemblies from third parties are the holdup there.
Do we know the factory is actually stamping now? I thought during the factory tour there was still an ongoing transition from a third party? It took me a month or so to get a single panel shipped, but that was close to 5 months ago.

Do we know the factory is actually stamping now? I thought during the factory tour there was still an ongoing transition from a third party? It took me a month or so to get a single panel shipped, but that was close to 5 months ago.
Not yet. They still source their panels from the Midwest

Relentlessly crack the whip on these folks. They have no real reason to do it with haste. 3.5 months start to finish just to total our car and get the new one in the driveway.

Thanx!
That sucks. Hopefully the truck's insurance has you in a comparable luxury rental and not some bare bones unit. If it's an ICE vehicle, you should also submit all gasoline receipts as charging is FREE via EA on your GT. If it's an EV, submit any EV charging receits. Also, don't forget to submit a diminished value claim.

Finally gut my car back 6 months after the accident!! I understand the comments above about scarcity of parts but given that Lucid has a demand problem with lots if capacity, no one should have to wait 6 months to get their 150k luxury car fixed!

The only reason this even happened now is that I finally contacted a senior exec at Lucid who I know and miraculously everything was completed within 2 weeks after that

Glad you finally got your car back. I expect you may have jumped the line for parts if you got a senior exec involved BUT to be fair your wait was thus far the longest wait for repair of a Lucid I’ve heard of. I did get the vibe the Hollis shop would rather get the cars done quickly, it’s as much of a headache for them as it is for the owners, and they had at least ten other Lucids when I was there waiting for various things.

Back