Things to check when picking up car after repair?

raj

Cars
Touring
My Touring is currently in 'reassembly' at an authorized repair center after having the frunk and front bumper replaced. What should I check before accepting delivery of the repaired car?

I have a similar story to some other posts here. I misjudged when exiting a narrow parking space and contacted a concrete pillar at about 2 mph, at exactly the spot on the front right wheel arch where the bumper and frunk meet. At first I thought the biggest impact was to my ego; causing my first scratch in 30 years within a couple of months of getting an expensive car. However I felt even more foolish when told that a two inch scratch would cost $14k to repair, exactly the type of issue my wife had raised when I ignored her advice and insisted on buying this thing! According to the repair center there's a fold at the edge of the frunk panel which is hard to repair because it is aluminum, and Lucid advise against repairs to the bumper, so a cosmetic scratch requires two expensive replacements to repair. My insurance has already sent a check for the full amount, so their adjuster agreed with this assessment. It just seems crazy to me. One reason I chose this car was its impressive engineering, but it doesn't seem like much thought was put into repairs. No wonder the insurance premium is so high.

Anyway, it's done now and my car is nearly ready for pickup. Given that so much was disassembled for the repair, how do I ensure that all systems are functioning correctly when I pick it up? If I have a problem with sensors after taking delivery, do I call Lucid or the repair center?

My Touring is currently in 'reassembly' at an authorized repair center after having the frunk and front bumper replaced. What should I check before accepting delivery of the repaired car?

I have a similar story to some other posts here. I misjudged when exiting a narrow parking space and contacted a concrete pillar at about 2 mph, at exactly the spot on the front right wheel arch where the bumper and frunk meet. At first I thought the biggest impact was to my ego; causing my first scratch in 30 years within a couple of months of getting an expensive car. However I felt even more foolish when told that a two inch scratch would cost $14k to repair, exactly the type of issue my wife had raised when I ignored her advice and insisted on buying this thing! According to the repair center there's a fold at the edge of the frunk panel which is hard to repair because it is aluminum, and Lucid advise against repairs to the bumper, so a cosmetic scratch requires two expensive replacements to repair. My insurance has already sent a check for the full amount, so their adjuster agreed with this assessment. It just seems crazy to me. One reason I chose this car was its impressive engineering, but it doesn't seem like much thought was put into repairs. No wonder the insurance premium is so high.

Anyway, it's done now and my car is nearly ready for pickup. Given that so much was disassembled for the repair, how do I ensure that all systems are functioning correctly when I pick it up? If I have a problem with sensors after taking delivery, do I call Lucid or the repair center?
The repair center will almost certainly need to have Lucid recalibrate it anyway. For body issues, contact body shop; for sensors and software and the like, contact service.

The repair center will almost certainly need to have Lucid recalibrate it anyway. For body issues, contact body shop; for sensors and software and the like, contact service.
thank you

Back