Lucid Bi-directional charging as a home power source

That standard was likely being worked on for years prior to ratification, so earlier manufacturers likely knew a long time ago what the hardware needed to look like and mostly what the software needed to contain. A simple software update would likely make them compatible with the standard.
Actually no. Apparently we were pushing for this to be a standard and will have to release new equipment to conform to it rather an OTA due to changes and discussions in the process taking far to long. The guess, from my conversations, are this will be a similar boat for anyone with a deployed vehicle advertising V2L in production today. I’m not the SME on this topic, but this information was communicated to me by the Ford SMEs whom I trust.

I’m very curious about Lucid’s situation with this and how the functionality was designed.

V2L is much easier than v2h because all you need is an adapter with 110v and 240v outliets as in a gasoline generator we can buy and connect it to what ever loads with extension cords. V2h needs a utility disconnect.

The Lucid's battery will probably keep your home running for 3-5 days, but in general, you're correct, it really only makes a ton of sense if you also have solar.

I went through this at the beginning of the year with Lucid and other EVs on my list, I ended up expanding my solar array and adding a couple of powerwalls instead. It didn't make sense to rely on needing to have the car at home and plugged in all the time for my home backup solution. It also doesn't help that PGE public safety shutoffs are somewhat common so having a day of batteries actually makes sense.

Our HOA prohibits solar, they also make you jump through hoops in order to install a generator. This is an excellent solution

I'm simply just baffled people are calling this vapor ware. It's fairly new to the industry which is why I think people who haven't physically encountered it may not have confidence in it. Price wise (as a home back up system) it's a huge bang for the buck and enables sooooooo much more than just a vanilla home backup. I'm personally stocked about the technology. As vendors roll out their solutions with installers, there will be bumps. Overall though, Lucid supporting this feature to any confidence is a huge win. I'm hoping it just works.

Personally, I have 2 power walls and a solar array. I will be enabling V2L being in Florida to ensure I have all contingencies capability wise when the time is right and the software is in place. The bump V2L has been giving to home charge speeds is huge (forcing up to 80 versus 40/50 amp support), and the overall capability of having high power load outlets on the go is a huge perk. V2L is more than just home backup... I think the F150 Lightning has shown that beautifully with our pro power onboard feature.

I'm shocked too. As many device we use in our lives that run on batteries. It's the same thing.

Those who call it vaporware do not know that the inverter is built-in in this car. Of course some software is needed to enable it and an adapter is needed to connect to the CCS port.

As others have stated you need a transfer switch that "breaks before makes" in order to keep someon on the utility pole from being electrocuted from your power. See below.

The missing part is the automatic transfer switch that connects to your electrical panel. You cant just feed your vehicles battery to the house through a circuit breaker in your panel.

Yep. Its AC

V2L is much easier than v2h because all you need is an adapter with 110v and 240v outliets as in a gasoline generator we can buy and connect it to what ever loads with extension cords. V2h needs a utility disconnect.

It may be easier but you will limit the power compared to V2H. Its DC fast charging.

The thing I want most in a power failure is to have my fridge and freezer kept cold. But in the last remodel we added a built-in column fridge and freezer. It's plug-in electrical connection is now behind the 1000-lb screwed-in appliance. I'll need a transfer switch of some kind to get power to it in an outage :(.

Let us hope to get a transfer switch from a reputed 3rd party which takes CCS 240V 2 phase input from the car and programmable with a UPS or capacitor to allow make before break for uninterrupted power. The idea is the UPS or capacitor should hold long enough for us to ensure that the car's CCS port is connected to the switch. In any case change of wiring is needed for us to select what gets powered in case of power outage. Ideally it can be done at the sub-circuit breaker panel.

Let us hope to get a transfer switch from a reputed 3rd party which takes CCS 240V 2 phase input from the car and programmable with a UPS or capacitor to allow make before break for uninterrupted power. The idea is the UPS or capacitor should hold long enough for us to ensure that the car's CCS port is connected to the switch. In any case change of wiring is needed for us to select what gets powered in case of power outage. Ideally it can be done at the sub-circuit breaker panel.

For this reason I am planning for Lucid as an additional back-up source.

You are absolutely correct. There is a lot more to be done even if Lucid V2H works. This is why I did not buy any "charger" and I am just using the one which came with the car. BTW, I ordered Fisker Ocean Extreme and I will find out what they offer for V2H.
I've ordered Ocean X too----pls let us know what you learn

The thing I want most in a power failure is to have my fridge and freezer kept cold. But in the last remodel we added a built-in column fridge and freezer. It's plug-in electrical connection is now behind the 1000-lb screwed-in appliance. I'll need a transfer switch of some kind to get power to it in an outage :(.
The transfer switch will recognize the grid power outage and handle the switching to your critical loads. You will identify the critical loads that you want to use during a power outage. These 15A circuits (circuit breakers) like your kitchen, office(internet), TV room and garage (freezer! 2nd refrigerator) will be in a sub panel that is powered during an outage. You won’t have to move your refrigerator. You need to know which circuit breaker controls the things you want during a power outage.

The transfer switch will recognize the grid power outage and handle the switching to your critical loads. You will identify the critical loads that you want to use during a power outage. These 15A circuits (circuit breakers) like your kitchen, office(internet), TV room and garage (freezer! 2nd refrigerator) will be in a sub panel that is powered during an outage. You won’t have to move your refrigerator. You need to know which circuit breaker controls the things you want during a power outage.
Yes, moving selected circuits to a new sub-panel fed by a transfer switch will be the main expense of finishing the V2H installation.

We are upgrading our service to 600 amp to accommodate possibly a house with 3 EV in the future, plus induction range and electric ovens and other appliances. We'll only use gas for hot water. Unless I can figure out a way to rig up a tankless electric heater to a tank on recirculate. I'm anxiously waiting to hear about the ability for using AGT as back-up power. More than anything the transfer time after power loss, milliseconds or seconds?
You could use electric water heater and circulating pump. The pump could be on a timer or there are on demand pumps. I’ve had ACT D’mand pump for 20 hrs.

Yes aren't they both Korean companies like Samsung?
Yes. It's interesting how developing countries start out as low-cost centers manufacturing products for companies from developed countries, then they create their own products, and with time their products become globally competitive in quality, then the standard of living and wages rise, then the country begins to lose its pricing edge, and another developing country starts its cycle of competitiveness. USA in the 1800s, Japan in the 1960s, China then South Korea, now maybe Vietnam.

Back