License plate wrap

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
In California, you can get a license plate wrap instead of a metal license plate. It is DMV approved. I got mine over the weekend and I apple iced it two days ago. If you’re in California, consider it. If you’re not, start a petition in your state to get it accepted.

Attachments

• 2267F3DD-0390-479E-812D-5D4AF69E8CE3.jpeg
    2267F3DD-0390-479E-812D-5D4AF69E8CE3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,283
  • 108E89C4-7FC3-4F91-B8E2-1A6785547A53.jpeg
    108E89C4-7FC3-4F91-B8E2-1A6785547A53.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 952
In California, you can get a license plate wrap instead of a metal license plate. It is DMV approved. I got mine over the weekend and I apple iced it two days ago. If you’re in California, consider it. If you’re not, start a petition in your state to get it accepted.
Not legal in Texas!

Will be ordering license plate wrap when I receive my AGT around end September or so...

apple iced = applied

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I think the wrapped license plates look worse than a regular plate. It's like putting a bumper sticker on the front of your car.

I'd much rather just have a plate.

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I think the wrapped license plates look worse than a regular plate. It's like putting a bumper sticker on the front of your car.

Yeah, I like it better.

Leave if off altogether. In Oregon no one has bothered me in 15 years with 3 cars.

I like the custom plate.

I have to look into my options here in NY.

Update: Illegal in NY. SMH - they need to get with the program.

I ordered mine as well for CA! Yellow on black. CA doesnt really care if you have front plates as I have never had them on any of my cars but they will give you a ticket if they want to give you a hard time. I got pulled over doing 93, he didnt give me a speeding ticket but I did get one for no front license plate in my Tesla. Luckily it was a fix it ticket. I put on front plates, got the ticket checked and removed the front plates.

I ordered mine as well for CA! Yellow on black. CA doesnt really care if you have front plates as I have never had them on any of my cars but they will give you a ticket if they want to give you a hard time. I got pulled over doing 93, he didnt give me a speeding ticket but I did get one for no front license plate in my Tesla. Luckily it was a fix it ticket. I put on front plates, got the ticket checked and removed the front plates.
They'll definitely give you a ticket for no front plate in parts of San Francisco. Elsewhere, not much.

The difference is that if you move or sell it into a 1-plate state, you don’t have screw holes in your front bumper.

I’d rather have no front plate but unfortunately I’ve been ticketed too many times in Southern California. They mostly ticket when you’re parked on the street. If they can’t get you for an expired meter then most definitely they’ll ticket for a lack of a front plate. I used to have my front plate in the glove box and put it on the dash when I park but the glovebox on the Air is too small to fit the license plate. It’s too much of a hassle to store it anywhere else.

Mine got ripped so now I have to order another one...great

I’d rather have no front plate but unfortunately I’ve been ticketed too many times in Southern California. They mostly ticket when you’re parked on the street. If they can’t get you for an expired meter then most definitely they’ll ticket for a lack of a front plate. I used to have my front plate in the glove box and put it on the dash when I park but the glovebox on the Air is too small to fit the license plate. It’s too much of a hassle to store it anywhere else.
Do you know how you can circumvent the no front plate while parked? You have to leave your registration tag on the windshield from when you bought the car. It only works with parking tickets, not speeding tickets as I learned 😊

I like the custom plate.

I have to look into my options here in NY.

Update: Illegal in NY. SMH - they need to get with the program.
We are running a single NY plate in CA where no one uses double CA plates even. I currently feel safe 😆

After my bumper is fixed, I'll probably run without a plate until I drive back to SF =P

I never took any of my Porsches up to SF so had no problem without the front plate. Probably won't ever take the Lucid there either, but I've heard other parts of the Bay Area are also now ticketing for no front plate. Apparently the "meter maids" are issuing the citations to cars in parking areas.

That’s pretty slick! Is it a clear plate?

Back