LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see many owners online who are 2 Rivian household, I don’t see that for Lucid yet.

Rivian has vehicles in two categories (pickup and SUV) on the market right now. Lucid only has one so far. We will be a two-Lucid household as soon as the Gravity lands.

. . . the overall experience of Air owners still has a few areas that can be improved.

That's true of almost any car. However, the areas in which the Air already excels are the most important ones to me: power, range, handling, ride, interior room . . . and that ever subjective design panache.

While our Model S Plaid might beat Lucid right now in software performance, the overall control suite -- which includes the integration of both software features and manual, tactile features -- is preferable in our Air. Even if software is such a dominant factor in a car's appeal, the price one pays in poorer handling, less range, less efficient people packaging, a harsher and noisier ride is just not worth it to me. And I'm not talking just about Tesla here. The larger MB EQS has a more cramped interior and inferior handling. The BMW i7 has less range and too much interior and exterior design excess. (And neither have frunks, as the Germans haven't yet figured out where to put a lot of their EV hardware.)

Rivian has vehicles in two categories (pickup and SUV) on the market right now. Lucid only has one so far. We will be a two-Lucid household as soon as the Gravity lands.

That's true of almost any car. However, the areas in which the Air already excels are the most important ones to me: power, range, handling, ride, interior room . . . and that ever subjective design panache.

While our Model S Plaid might beat Lucid right now in software performance, the overall control suite -- which includes the integration of both software features and manual, tactile features -- is preferable in our Air. Even if software is such a dominant factor in a car's appeal, the price one pays in poorer handling, less range, less efficient people packaging, a harsher and noisier ride is just not worth it to me. And I'm not talking just about Tesla here. The larger MB EQS has a more cramped interior and inferior handling. The BMW i7 has less range and too much interior and exterior design excess. (And neither have frunks, as the Germans haven't yet figured out where to put a lot of their EV hardware.)
Do you think there is that much less real range in a 2021 and greater Model S LR? I know against the GT there would be, but not sure how much more, but the other Airs there is not much difference would be my guess. And in colder weather like most of the US is seeing now the Model S has the heat pump, which helps some.

Does anyone on here own a GT 19’s tires and a Model S LR with 19’s tries and can comment on range comparison. Just curious how much better the GT would be. My guess would be 60 to 70 miles, which would be great. 🙂

Do you think there is that much less real range in a 2021 and greater Model S LR? I know against the GT there would be, but not sure how much more, but the other Airs there is not much difference would be my guess. And in colder weather like most of the US is seeing now the Model S has the heat pump, which helps some.

Does anyone on here own a GT 19’s tires and a Model S LR with 19’s tries and can comment on range comparison. Just curious how much better the GT would be. My guess would be 60 to 70 miles, which would be great. 🙂

I'm not certain about the Model S LR. However, our I know that our Plaid (on 21" wheels) gets about 72-73% of its rated range in comparative range testing where I control as many factors as I can, while our Air Dream P (also on 21" wheels) gets 78-79% of its rated range.

Given that the Plaid is EPA rated at 348 miles and the Air at 451 miles, that yields about 100 miles more range in the Air in real-world driving at 80 mph in moderate weather.

As we live in south Florida, we almost never run the heaters in either car, so I can't comment on how cold weather would affect this. Lucid has said, though, that it is going to switch to heat pumps (which Tesla already uses) in coming editions of the Air.

Do you think that Lucid might revert to a dealership model? Being the first EV mass producer, Tesla benefited from a lot of buzz that deove people to its website and where else would they go if they wanted an electric vehicle. With so many entries now, no one, except Tesla still, gets that much buzz penetrating the market. Even when a new entry is introduced, Tesla still shares in the buzz because the new entries are always compared to Tesla by the media.

The legacy auto manufacturers are trying to get out of the dealership model, which adds thousands to the price of a car. Think about the experience going into a Lucid studio vs. a typical dealer....Lucid saves money, does better customer service, and controls the customer experience better by being direct.

Perhaps Lucid could use Aston Martin dealers/service centers...maybe something to think about. I heard PIF increased stake in AM and AM owner Stroll might be looking to cash out, PIF buy majority stake in AM and run a Forumla 1 team? Would be a good plan. Maybe we can send a message to PIF....😀

I hope Lucid will do well with the Gravity, too.
Regarding repeat purchasing, I see this as a bit of a challenge for Lucid at this time.
As you alluded to,, the overall experience of Air owners still has a few areas that can be improved.
Speculatively, resources are understandably poured into Gravity development and we Air owners just need to wait a bit longer to see our Wish list become reality.
I'm neither a business strategist nor an industry psychologist, but it seems to me this is a tough spot for Lucid, or any car makers for that matter, because:
1- If existing owners are not totally happy, consideration for a repeat purchase will not come as easy as otherwise.
2- Some may even harbor resentment or a feeling of neglect because current owners and their satisfaction/expectation now are presumed to take a back seat to the higher priority of Gravity development and prospective customers.
Future growth and revenue vs. current obligations.
What a catch-22, but notwithstanding these issues, the numbers of Airs and EQS sold last year were pretty close.
So there's still hope.
With SUV being the volume seller, I understand them needing to divert most resources to getting the Gravity out.

Perhaps Lucid could use Aston Martin dealers/service centers...maybe something to think about. I heard PIF increased stake in AM and AM owner Stroll might be looking to cash out, PIF buy majority stake in AM and run a Forumla 1 team? Would be a good plan. Maybe we can send a message to PIF....😀
A while back there were some runors of a Volvo-Lucid agreement, as a volvo employee said that.. I would rather have the luxury AM dealership with the Lucid though!

And I hope stroll cashes out. Then we can have somebody else to replace his son alongside Nando!

I came from a model s plaid with 21s and went to a Lucid DE-P with 21s. The lucid gets around 80-110 miles more per charge than the Model S. It seems spirited driving in the Air doesn’t take as big of a hit in comparison to the plaid so that’s where the range comes into play (80-110 mile range).

Wow, 2.8, car is great, not the stock. I’m wondering why Saudi won’t step up and buy Lucid cars made in US. Just ship them over. Would have saved the company billions in lost stock value. Doesn’t make sense. Many were betting on those sales when investing in the stock.

Wow, 2.8, car is great, not the stock. I’m wondering why Saudi won’t step up and buy Lucid cars made in US. Just ship them over. Would have saved the company billions in lost stock value. Doesn’t make sense. Many were betting on those sales when investing in the stock.
They do. Just not fully assembled

I'll be continuing to use the price drops as an opportunity to average down. I believe in the product and don't see them going anywhere in the near term.

I'll be continuing to use the price drops as an opportunity to average down. I believe in the product and don't see them going anywhere in the near term.
Why is production still going down? Anyone knows (or good assessment)?

Why is production still going down? Anyone knows (or good assessment)?

I have a friend who, at long last, is finally considering an EV. His current car is a Lexus ES350. With Lucid's new attractive sales/lease incentives for the Touring, I've finally convinced him to take a ride with me to a Design Studio to check one out. However, he is very concerned about Lucid's longevity in light of 2023 delivery numbers and the current stock price implosion. I am telling him that a lease might be the answer to that as it would hedge the risk of resale value collapse.

But I am getting seriously worried that Lucid might be hitting a tipping point where buyers who are otherwise intrigued by the Air are scared off due to worries about Lucid's survival -- hence the declining production numbers despite aggressive incentives.

If the Gravity doesn't get to market before such fears get irreversibly baked into public awareness of the brand, the Gravity may never get the chance to save the company -- something that everything we know about its technology and features says it should be able to do.

As for me, after over two years driving a Lucid, I'll still take the last Gravity off the production line if it comes to that . . . but I'll lease it. These are just such damn amazingly well-thought-out automotive products.

I have a friend who, at long last, is finally considering an EV. His current car is a Lexus ES350. With Lucid's new attractive sales/lease incentives for the Touring, I've finally convinced him to take a ride with me to a Design Studio to check one out. However, he is very concerned about Lucid's longevity in light of 2023 delivery numbers and the current stock price implosion. I am telling him that a lease might be the answer to that as it would hedge the risk of resale value collapse.

But I am getting seriously worried that Lucid might be hitting a tipping point where buyers who are otherwise intrigued by the Air are scared off due to worries about Lucid's survival -- hence the declining production numbers despite aggressive incentives.

If the Gravity doesn't get to market before such fears get irreversibly baked into public awareness of the brand, the Gravity may never get the chance to save the company -- something that everything we know about its technology and features says it should be able to do.

As for me, after over two years driving a Lucid, I'll still take the last Gravity off the production line if it comes to that . . . but I'll lease it. These are just such damn amazingly well-thought-out automotive products.
I know of at least 13 people who do not want an air due to this precise reason(heck, even my parents used to be in that list). I sincerely hope lucid turns on the pr machine to dispel these rumors, and also increase their visibility through advertisements. Out of those 13 people, 4 of them wanted to see it before cancelling. 3 of those 4 ended up buying it. Lucid has a great product that almost all love when they see it… but these rumors are stopping them from wanting to even see it in the first place.

I know of at least 13 people who do not want an air due to this precise reason(heck, even my parents used to be in that list). I sincerely hope lucid turns on the pr machine to dispel these rumors, and also increase their visibility through advertisements. Out of those 13 people, 4 of them wanted to see it before cancelling. 3 of those 4 ended up buying it. Lucid has a great product that almost all love when they see it… but these rumors are stopping them from wanting to even see it in the first place.
It's almost as if you don't give Lucid a chance they will end up failing.

It's almost as if you don't give Lucid a chance they will end up failing.
That’s what I always say.. but don’t forget, most people in my area have the traditional white Mercedes, they are VERY used to predictable car companies. Not many take risks with companies, which is sad. For example, teslas were not seen until 2020 with much frequency here, but now (2022-24) the y is more popular than a Corolla.

But, again, why is production declining? Would appreciate any reasoned assessments.

But, again, why is production declining? Would appreciate any reasoned assessments.
Is it? Do the production numbers include the kits headed to SA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back