• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, again, why is production declining? Would appreciate any reasoned assessments.

Looking at their website, Lucid appears to be selling cars only out of existing inventory or from the already-scheduled production queue. You can no longer configure a custom order, but just put what you want into feature filters that then bring up cars available that fit your criteria.

Thus, production is probably declining in order to work through existing inventory.

Is it? Do the production numbers include the kits headed to SA?

Probably, as those cars are complete builds in Casa Grande and then disassembled. According to Lucid Global Vice President Faisal Sultan, "the car is fully built in Arizona . . . then it gets de-assembled . . . then the car gets shipped here as a kit, and that kit is then put back together." Part of this process is meant to be a training exercise for the 200 or so workers in the Saudi plant.

Probably, as those cars are complete builds in Casa Grande and then disassembled. According to Lucid Global Vice President Faisal Sultan, "the car is fully built in Arizona . . . then it gets de-assembled . . . then the car gets shipped here as a kit, and that kit is then put back together." Part of this process is meant to be a training exercise for the 200 or so workers in the Saudi plant.
It would also explain the absolutely massive gap between production and deliveries, which is 2000 despite there being almost no 2023 more models left on the page.

This is confusing to me, unless the company does NOT want to deliver more vehicles stateside -- I doubt that. This is what I am trying to understand:

Lucid Group Q4 Vehicle Production, Deliveries Decline; Shares Drop
1:15 PM ET, 01/11/2024 - MT Newswires
01:15 PM EST, 01/11/2024 (MT Newswires) -- Lucid Group (LCID) on Thursday reported Q4 production of 2,391 vehicles, down from 3,493 a year earlier.
Deliveries in Q4 were 1,734 vehicles, down from 1,932 a year earlier.
Production In 2023 was 8,428 vehicles with deliveries of 6,001, the company said. In 2022, production was 7,180 with deliveries of 4,369.
The company plans to announce Q4 financial results on Feb. 21.

Just a Q4 dip, to recover in early 2024?

I know of at least 13 people who do not want an air due to this precise reason(heck, even my parents used to be in that list). I sincerely hope lucid turns on the pr machine to dispel these rumors, and also increase their visibility through advertisements. Out of those 13 people, 4 of them wanted to see it before cancelling. 3 of those 4 ended up buying it. Lucid has a great product that almost all love when they see it… but these rumors are stopping them from wanting to even see it in the first place.
Guess who started the rumors, The Great Elon Musk!!!

Looking at the stock price, Peter has his work cut out.

It’s no longer let’s do our thing and we will be fine.

Gravity needs to be pushed up a few months. Don’t let competition steal your thunder!

Makes you think, maybe second vehicle should have been small SUV. I fear many investors think Gravity won’t sell, due to unfounded bankruptcy fears and being luxury price point. Bit like deja vu.

But, again, why is production declining?
One reason is that demand is declining, likely due to continual bad press about Lucid's cash flow. Also higher interest rates.

One reason is that demand is declining, likely due to continual bad press about Lucid's cash flow. Also higher interest rates.
Yeah, all the negativity make people not want to buy. Lucid should actually hire people to drive their cars around posh neighborhoods. Imagine seeing them all the time, you wouldn’t mind buying one. The dream tour didn’t seemed to have helped much.

How do they stop this cycle???

Yeah, all the negativity make people not want to buy. Lucid should actually hire people to drive their cars around posh neighborhoods. Imagine seeing them all the time, you wouldn’t mind buying one. The dream tour didn’t seemed to have helped much.

How do they stop this cycle???
Keep delivering and servicing cars, keep talking with their current investors, and ship Gravity - with great software.

Gravity needs to be pushed up a few months. Don’t let competition steal your thunder!
While I don’t disagree with you, this is way, way easier said than done.

As much as I'd like to see the Gravity arrive sooner rather than later, let's not forget the reputational hit that still hangs over Lucid's head for delivering the Air before its software was anywhere near ready for prime time. There were way, way too many journalists, auto reviewers, and owners who could not even get the doors to open, and it sometimes when downhill from there.

While our Air was (and still is) the best overall driving machine I had ever owned, the first 10 months with its software was the most aggravating ownership period I ever experienced since a 1997 Corvette.

If the Gravity lands with anything less than superb execution across the board, Lucid may not weather another round of similar episodes -- no matter how many car awards it wins.

My average LCID cost is $17.11 and I’m down about 83%. If I had invested that money in TSLA, I’d be up 50% - c’est la vie

This was addressed in the last earnings call. Kits shipped to Saudi Arabia are WIP not counted in the production numbers.
Is non-US demand holding or increasing? Any insight on the company's PR standing outside of the U.S. as deliveries occur there?

Is non-US demand holding or increasing? Any insight on the company's PR standing outside of the U.S. as deliveries occur there?
Lucid has just begun to deliver to markets outside the USA. Reviews have been very positive. I haven't read any non-USA commentary on the company itself.

Last edited:
Lucid has just started to deliver to markets outside the USA. Reviews have been very positive. I haven't read any non-USA commentary on the company itself.
That helps.

Every Lucid owner I've met has shown willingness to be ambassador, and 12,000+ Lucid owners in the US can be a powerful force to advocate for the company.
If owners feel that their needs are attended to and the software continues to improve, not necessarily to perfection, but close to what they envision, their collective voice is invaluable for Lucid's public image and hence public interest in the Air.
I personally wish that the wishlist tabulated by Bobby were shorter for the benefit of Lucid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back