• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
My average LCID cost is $17.11 and I’m down about 83%. If I had invested that money in TSLA, I’d be up 50% - c’est la

Lucid has just begun to deliver to markets outside the USA. Reviews have been very positive. I haven't read any non-USA commentary on the company itself.
Didn’t they start in Europe 8 months ago? Germany had about 99 deliveries.

Advertise, advertise, advertise. Most people still have no clue the car exists.
Sales! Thats the only thing that will help. The inventory isn’t helping. Saudis should just buy a bunch made in America Lucids.So what if they are made in USA. They said up to 100k, now let’s get going. This is the main reason I stayed invested. Not cool on their part.

Sales! Thats the only thing that will help. The inventory isn’t helping. Saudis should just buy a bunch made in America Lucids.So what if they are made in USA. They said up to 100k, now let’s get going. This is the main reason I stayed invested. Not cool on their part.
Avoiding import duties is one of the reasons for shipping kits and completing assembly Saudi Arabia. I do not know all of the import rules, but it is not as simple as just shipping a car that has completed assembly and made for use in the North America and then shipping it to Saudi Arabia.

Agree. After having our Lucid over two years, I still have people come up to me in parking lots to ask what it is. Interestingly, a significant majority of these are women, which was the opposite of my experience when I bought one of the first Audi R8s to hit the streets.

At Ace Hardware a couple of weeks ago, a guy in a new Corvette parked next to me as I was getting into the car. He wanted to know what it was, even though the ensuing conversation indicated he knew a lot about cars and even EVs.

Avoiding import duties is one of the reasons for shipping kits and completing assembly Saudi Arabia. I do not know all of the import rules, but it is not as simple as just shipping a car that has completed assembly and made for use in the North America and then shipping it to Saudi Arabia.

True, but I've wondered about this on two counts.

First, since Lucid is doing complete builds on these cars in Casa Grande before disassembling them for shipment, why can't Lucid count these in the production numbers? Is it because it's deemed more important to keep the gap between production and delivery narrow than to report larger production numbers?

Second, I would assume the Saudi PIF -- in whose investment decisions MBS has a direct hand -- could obtain an import duty waiver if it were deemed advantageous?

True, but I've wondered about this on two counts.

First, since Lucid is doing complete builds on these cars in Casa Grande before disassembling them for shipment, why can't Lucid count these in the production numbers? Is it because it's deemed more important to keep the gap between production and delivery narrow than to report larger production numbers?

Second, I would assume the Saudi PIF -- in whose investment decisions MBS has a direct hand -- could obtain an import duty waiver if it were deemed advantageous?
I think it's more just a matter of pride saying it was built in the Kingdom. Just a guess

Price is also another impediment, especially in the rarefied EV segment. In 2023, Mercedes averaged 82 days for having an EV in dealer inventory before it sold compared to 56 days for ICE vehicles. Meanwhile, there were waiting lists to get Chevy Bolts, most of which were already sold by dealers before they came off the truck. (I know, because a friend went through this in purchasing a Bolt EUV.)

In fact, Mercedes has discount programs for both their employees and Wells Fargo employees. In response to slow EV sales, they give the highest discount -- up to 17% -- for EVs.

I have not yet seen full-year 2023 EQS sales numbers from the U.S., but Q3 figures suggest they won't exactly trounce Lucid.

Price is also another impediment, especially in the rarefied EV segment. In 2023, Mercedes averaged 82 days for having an EV in dealer inventory before it sold compared to 56 days for ICE vehicles. Meanwhile, there were waiting lists to get Chevy Bolts, most of which were already sold by dealers before they came off the truck. (I know, because a friend went through this in purchasing a Bolt EUV.)

In fact, Mercedes has discount programs for both their employees and Wells Fargo employees. In response to slow EV sales, they give the highest discount -- up to 17% -- for EVs.

I have not yet seen full-year 2023 EQS sales numbers from the U.S., but Q3 figures suggest they won't exactly trounce Lucid.
That can't be it in wealthier places, as I see plenty of Bentaygas, Model X's, and Mercedes GLS'(along with the fair share of EQS suvs). For our area, SUVs are far more prevalent which is why I hope Lucid gets ahead of schedule on Gravity. I think this is the sole reason along with advertisement that Lucid sales are so low, as I can see the fair share of Rivians which have arguable the same or less marketing presence than Lucid does.

Too much competition. Also in the higher segment that Lucid focuses on. Beautiful car but way too expensive!
Remember that we as Lucid owners are very subjective. Of course it's the best car of them all! I also think that about my Grand Touring (Zenith Red, Santa Cruz). Just returned from a winter sports holiday in Switzerland. Fantastic! See video somewhere on this forum. But 180k euros is a lot of money. You can almost buy 3 BYDs for that. Not comparable, but that doesn't make it a worthless car. The Pure is also still too expensive. Besides that, I certainly share the opinion that far too little marketing is being done. Branding. Brand awareness. My suggestion? Make a special bid for taxi drivers at some/the largest airports and in major cities. Have some/the major luxury hotels pick up and drop off their guests in a Lucid. If only it was a temporary action. These are all test drives straight into your target group!!
Unknown makes unloved!

This is a niche car in a niche market, at a high price point, only for those in the know given the lack of mass advertising and select number of showrooms in premium malls. If you know, you know, and you've bought one. Otherwise, those looking and comparing to alternatives read this forum, discover us all explaining away the any idiosyncrasies, issues and foibles that are typically table stakes for mass-market ICEs and majority of EVs, leaving them to wonder if its worth it.

As an example, given the time of year, the majority of the current threads are discussing and explaining why this is not a good car for the winter (only 19s have all season tires, frunk freezes shut, charging complications, app remote limited in climate control functionality, door handles freeze shut, LIDAR etc. blocked). Who in their right mind accepts this and pays a premium for it? We have, but there are only so many of us...

This is a niche car in a niche market, at a high price point, only for those in the know given the lack of mass advertising and select number of showrooms in premium malls. If you know, you know, and you've bought one. Otherwise, those looking and comparing to alternatives read this forum, discover us all explaining away the any idiosyncrasies, issues and foibles that are typically table stakes for mass-market ICEs and majority of EVs, leaving them to wonder if its worth it.

As an example, given the time of year, the majority of the current threads are discussing and explaining why this is not a good car for the winter (only 19s have all season tires, frunk freezes shut, charging complications, app remote limited in climate control functionality, door handles freeze shut, LIDAR etc. blocked). Who in their right mind accepts this and pays a premium for it? We have, but there are only so many of us...
This is how I feel about the software experience and door handle/unlocking quirks. In my opinion, lucid isn’t ready for mass market adoption as they will hurt their image more with their software and quirks as it stands. No people do not want fiddle with their doors when it’s snowing or raining out. No people do not want to have to go to the door first to unlock the trunk. No people do not want an app that can’t turn on seat warmers. No people do not want generally buggy software (someone is going to say what’s wrong with the software even though 50% of the threads here are software related). Regardless, as you mentioned, there are only so many people that are willing to pay a premium for an experience that can be a little rocky at times. The gravity UI overhaul needs to happen before the brand explodes imo.

The car is great, the technology is great, the user experience, which is the biggest seller to wide audiences, is what needs to be perfected.

That can't be it in wealthier places . . .

Naples, FL is awash in ultra-lux brands. With a greater metro-area population around 400,000, we have Rolls, Bentley, Aston Martin, and Ferrari dealerships as well as multiple Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes dealerships. Except for the architecture and humidity, Fifth Avenue in Naples could be mistaken for Rodeo Drive. We don't see many MB EQS' or BMW i7s (in fact, none of the latter as of yet). Right after its introduction, a few Porsche Taycans showed up, but we have noticed no subsequent uptick.

What we do see (at least in season) is Lucid Airs. One of my partner's tennis partners drives one. We have twice parked in restaurant parking lots where another Air (also Zenith Reds each time) was present. There is a black one we see going in and out of a gated community and a white one doing the same thing in a nearer gated community. We have also seen a Quantum Gray one and two other white ones (we know they were different cars because of the wheels).

Rivian sightings are also becoming common down here. And Teslas are everywhere.

I don't mean to minimize or deny that there are issues that only Lucid can fix, but I sometimes wonder if a lot of the frustrations I read about on this forum are more rooted in a failure to dig into the details in the owners manual. Take the door auto open/close as an example. I was having problems, but until I read the manual, I didn't know that I actually had to go into the car's settings and turn on both the auto open and auto close functions. Then, I learned that it was not enough to have the Lucid app on my phone, but that I also had to 'link' the app to the car. Since I did those things, auto open/close has worked flawlessly. I think a lot of the early adopters tend to be people who get a kick out of digging into the specs and details, work them out, and ultimately love the car, and we are now transitioning to buyers who do not. I have friends who will buy a high-end ICE car, spend an extra $3k-4k for something like navigation, and then never use it because they cannot intuitively make it work, but they won't read the manual.

I don't mean to minimize or deny that there are issues that only Lucid can fix, but I sometimes wonder if a lot of the frustrations I read about on this forum are more rooted in a failure to dig into the details in the owners manual. Take the door auto open/close as an example. I was having problems, but until I read the manual, I didn't know that I actually had to go into the car's settings and turn on both the auto open and auto close functions. Then, I learned that it was not enough to have the Lucid app on my phone, but that I also had to 'link' the app to the car. Since I did those things, auto open/close has worked flawlessly. I think a lot of the early adopters tend to be people who get a kick out of digging into the specs and details, work them out, and ultimately love the car, and we are now transitioning to buyers who do not. I have friends who will buy a high-end ICE car, spend an extra $3k-4k for something like navigation, and then never use it because they cannot intuitively make it work, but they won't read the manual.
Unfortunately it’s widely documented and accepted that Auto Unlock and lock does not work very well especially with a phone key. The key fob is much better but it seems like the range in which cars unlock is widely different as well. Not to mention the dead spot in the trunk which is also widely documented. Most of us can’t unlock our trunks unless we approach the car from the side and touch the handles. These aren’t user issues, lucid knows of this issue but they do not have a solid solution. Service centers will tell you it’s a common complaint and they will also tell you that there’s not much they can do to fix it at this current time.

So yes I would agree that people need to read the manual but also would say that things suggested in that manual do not work very well especially when it comes to the door issue.

All I can say is that my fobs are now tucked away in the box they came in, and my doors auto open and close every time. Perhaps I just got a car with something that is working better on mine than on others.

Naples, FL is awash in ultra-lux brands. With a greater metro-area population around 400,000, we have Rolls, Bentley, Aston Martin, and Ferrari dealerships as well as multiple Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes dealerships. Except for the architecture and humidity, Fifth Avenue in Naples could be mistaken for Rodeo Drive. We don't see many MB EQS' or BMW i7s (in fact, none of the latter as of yet). Right after its introduction, a few Porsche Taycans showed up, but we have noticed no subsequent uptick.

What we do see (at least in season) is Lucid Airs. One of my partner's tennis partners drives one. We have twice parked in restaurant parking lots where another Air (also Zenith Reds each time) was present. There is a black one we see going in and out of a gated community and a white one doing the same thing in a nearer gated community. We have also seen a Quantum Gray one and two other white ones (we know they were different cars because of the wheels).

Rivian sightings are also becoming common down here. And Teslas are everywhere.
Agree on all counts. I see the same amount of i7s as the Lucid, slightly more Taycans, and less EQS's(sedans only). However, all the ultra luxe EV SUVs are easily seen as soon as they come out. For example, EQS SUV's are very common, R1S's are somewhat common, and I even saw a literal Fisker Ocean last week. It seems our cities are very similar, although there are less sedans and more SUVs. The Lucid is spotted about twice a month, maybe thrice here.

Model Y's are indeed everywhere, so are threes. I'd estimate about 60 percent of new cars sold here are one of those two.

I really hope Gravity is ahead of schedule, because a lot of people who wouldn't buy the Air here are liking it based on what I have told them.

All I can say is that my fobs are now tucked away in the box they came in, and my doors auto open and close every time. Perhaps I just got a car with something that is working better on mine than on others.
Yeah, after 7 months of living with the mobile key only, I'm going back to the fob. It's not that it never works, it's that it usually works poorly. Part of the problem is the iPhone power saving meaning I have to "wake" my phone to get the doors to unlock, but I also wonder if using iPhone's native car key functionality rather than reimplementing it as Lucid has done would've avoided that issue.

Too much competition. Also in the higher segment that Lucid focuses on. Beautiful car but way too expensive!
Remember that we as Lucid owners are very subjective. Of course it's the best car of them all! I also think that about my Grand Touring (Zenith Red, Santa Cruz). Just returned from a winter sports holiday in Switzerland. Fantastic! See video somewhere on this forum. But 180k euros is a lot of money. You can almost buy 3 BYDs for that. Not comparable, but that doesn't make it a worthless car. The Pure is also still too expensive. Besides that, I certainly share the opinion that far too little marketing is being done. Branding. Brand awareness. My suggestion? Make a special bid for taxi drivers at some/the largest airports and in major cities. Have some/the major luxury hotels pick up and drop off their guests in a Lucid. If only it was a temporary action. These are all test drives straight into your target group!!
Unknown makes unloved!
Lucid is already doing this in SA, so it is very possible! It also seems that the Air is very popular among people in hollywood already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back