• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many, I am deeply concerned the first 3 quarters of 2024 will be a painfully slow and quiet time with little to no good news for LCID. There is a possibility of some upside with Saudi production and sales reporting. In North America it will be a challenge to stay noticed and relevant.

Value creation in the automotive sector has been, is, and always will be about product. We will be waiting eagerly and impatiently for Gravity to hit the streets in Q4.

Here is a thought. Maybe, in 2024, the greatest driver of EV industry shareholder value temporarily shifts from new products to some positive evidence of charging infrastructure improvements. That could be a story worth a trillion dollars in EV industry valuation. Range anxiety and fast charging challenges are huge constraints to industry growth and valuations. Maybe the next 9 months is a time for infrastructure to ā€œcatch upā€ with product. Could this quiet period be a blessing in disguise?

Maybe just a wish.

What would be an additional boost for the stock (and Lucid marketing) would be some additional licensing agreements.

Hi Liggy,
Welcome to the forum. I am really enjoying your posts on this lcid stock thread. I want to see this company do well and see the short sellers get a lesson.

As you can tell, your S2000 has generated interest in several members, including myself! Perhaps you would be interested in this thread?

Hope to "see" you soon šŸ˜‰
Thanks! I'll check it out. Photography is one of my main hobbies so will be fun to participate! Appreciate the heads up.
And yes - I'm planning on shorting TSLA but hopeful Lucid makes it through. I read a quote something along the lines of "Musk broke Twitter but Twitter broke Musk". I can't help but feel that he's losing it.

Love so many of the decisions they've made so far. Simplifying the builds sounds like an efficient way to sell the car.

what really needs to happen is for Lucid to hit their guidance on the first prediction and not revise is multiple times throughout the year. I understand thatā€™s easier said than done, but we should start seeing some rate cuts in 2024 thatā€™ll help with sales.

Hmmm.... where's the bottom?

I'm hoping Lucid thrives. With that in mind I might double down and buy more shares soon in hopes they pull out of this tailspin.

As far as driving a Lucid I'm holding out for a smaller form factor. Went to take another look at the Air and I love it all except for the size.
Just too big for us. Wifey objects to big vehicles and I find smaller cars more fun to drive and easier to live with.

Hmmm.... where's the bottom?

I'm hoping Lucid thrives. With that in mind I might double down and buy more shares soon in hopes they pull out of this tailspin.

As far as driving a Lucid I'm holding out for a smaller form factor. Went to take another look at the Air and I love it all except for the size.
Just too big for us. Wifey objects to big vehicles and I find smaller cars more fun to drive and easier to live with.
Lucid midsize car for you then? It has been stated to be ahead of schedule!

The Air really does drive smaller than it feels(just ask @borski with his old mazda 3 comparison), so I suspect it would still be good for you! I once went to a Porsche dealer and found that my salesman also had a GT, he said it drove smaller than the taycan and had as much driving "spirit" as a 911, which you also have!

Lucid midsize car for you then? It has been stated to be ahead of schedule!

The Air really does drive smaller than it feels(just ask @borski with his old mazda 3 comparison), so I suspect it would still be good for you! I once went to a Porsche dealer and found that my salesman also had a GT, he said it drove smaller than the taycan and had as much driving "spirit" as a 911, which you also have!

I suppose you're right - I should actually *drive* one before writing it off completely but parking etc. is an issue as well. I like the idea of an EV for city use and we have the wifey's Lexus SUV for hauling stuff/dogs/people. If I end up with a Lucid I'd be replacing the S4 which is pretty compact vs. the Air.

The Air matching the driving spirit of a 6MT hydraulic assist steering 911 would be impressive indeed. :D

And to stay on topic - yes - I hope the midsized Lucid arrives sooner rather than later and will probably toss in a "buy" order at $2.75 and see if I can snag some cheap shares.

I suppose you're right - I should actually *drive* one before writing it off completely but parking etc. is an issue as well. I like the idea of an EV for city use and we have the wifey's Lexus SUV for hauling stuff/dogs/people. If I end up with a Lucid I'd be replacing the S4 which is pretty compact vs. the Air.

The Air matching the driving spirit of a 6MT hydraulic assist steering 911 would be impressive indeed. :D

And to stay on topic - yes - I hope the midsized Lucid arrives sooner rather than later and will probably toss in a "buy" order at $2.75 and see if I can snag some cheap shares.
I would assume he was talking about a 992, but yes. He showed me a clip of him drifting around NJMP in it!

And to me the solution is obvious: replace the lexus! The lucid has an ENOURMOUS amount of space, around 32.1 cubes total. What lexus suv is it?

I would assume he was talking about a 992, but yes. He showed me a clip of him drifting around NJMP in it!

And to me the solution is obvious: replace the lexus! The lucid has an ENOURMOUS amount of space, around 32.1 cubes total. What lexus suv is it?
hehe... there's a zero percent chance of that happening. She LOVES her car. Nori Green RX350 with the bamboo trimmed interior.

And yes - 992 feels way more "grown up" vs. the 997 imo. I'd personally call it a GT vs. a full on sports car.

LCID closed a little over $3.00 today. We'll see how Monday shakes out.
The recall seems pretty benign so maybe $2.97 is the floor.

hehe... there's a zero percent chance of that happening. She LOVES her car. Nori Green RX350 with the bamboo trimmed interior.

And yes - 992 feels way more "grown up" vs. the 997 imo. I'd personally call it a GT vs. a full on sports car.

LCID closed a little over $3.00 today. We'll see how Monday shakes out.
The recall seems pretty benign so maybe $2.97 is the floor.
Agree on all counts! I don't think the recall had much major to do with the stock today, actually.
The Lucid does have more space than that RX though... and that color combo has great taste!
For the 992, I feel you need to step up to a carrera t or gts for a sports car, and the gt3 for the supercar now... the regular carrera is a GT as you said,

I do not own any LCID, but this is looking like a good entry point.
Lucid tech is better than Rivian.
The Gravity looks awesome, but I would rather see a Model Y competitor. The Porsche Macan looks like a very good product. I expect it to do well.
I own the Lucid Air because I like sedans and was willing to take a chance.
Rivian with a pickup and a more moderate price SUV is doing better not because of Tech, but because they choose market segments with a larger addressable market.
Rivian has been flat for the last year even with better sales.
Elon was right, starting a car company is hard.

I do not own any LCID, but this is looking like a good entry point.
The Gravity looks awesome, but I would rather see a Model Y competitor. The Porsche Macan looks like a very good product. I expect it to do well.
Rivian with a pickup and a more moderate price SUV is doing better not because of Tech, but because they choose market segments with a larger addressable market.
Seeing the Gravity's reception, including among my neighbors who hate the air, leaves me convinced that lucid has a hit on their hands!

Hi liggy,

My wife drives a Toyota Camry and the "foot print" is essentially the same as our Lucid. But the Lucid's interior is more spacious. The Camry's trunk is a touch larger (it will accommodate larger suitcases) but the total storage goes to the Lucid with the frunk.
You should really test drive an Air before ruling it out as too large.

Oh and this thread maybe of interest to you..

How can you stand to live by people with such poor taste in cars?šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Its a steady stream of white mercedes suvs with beige interiors being leased for three years... thats ALL you see around here and model y's. And who said I could stand it? šŸ¤£

Rivian may not have 800+ volt motor hardware, but its design functions and software have overall pleasant user experience. Software experience cannot be underestimated. I see many owners online who are 2 Rivian household, I donā€™t see that for Lucid yet.

I hope Lucid execute Gravity well. Many R1S owners are also Model-Y owners. Model-Y is the biggest seller in the world right now.

Rivian may not have 800+ volt motor hardware, but its design functions and software have overall pleasant user experience. Software experience cannot be underestimated. I see many owners online who are 2 Rivian household, I donā€™t see that for Lucid yet.

I hope Lucid execute Gravity well. Many R1S owners are also Model-Y owners. Model-Y is the biggest seller in the world right now.
I hope Lucid will do well with the Gravity, too.
Regarding repeat purchasing, I see this as a bit of a challenge for Lucid at this time.
As you alluded to,, the overall experience of Air owners still has a few areas that can be improved.
Speculatively, resources are understandably poured into Gravity development and we Air owners just need to wait a bit longer to see our Wish list become reality.
I'm neither a business strategist nor an industry psychologist, but it seems to me this is a tough spot for Lucid, or any car makers for that matter, because:
1- If existing owners are not totally happy, consideration for a repeat purchase will not come as easy as otherwise.
2- Some may even harbor resentment or a feeling of neglect because current owners and their satisfaction/expectation now are presumed to take a back seat to the higher priority of Gravity development and prospective customers.
Future growth and revenue vs. current obligations.
What a catch-22, but notwithstanding these issues, the numbers of Airs and EQS sold last year were pretty close.
So there's still hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back