Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

AirPlur

Cars
AP AWD, '02 Boxster S 6MT
Spinning off an idea from another thread, I think this could be a fun way to show off and discuss the vehicles that help make your Lucids part of a balanced breakfast of enthusiast/practical means of transportation. Not intended to be a detraction in any sense of the versatility and one-car-for-it-all capabilities of Lucids, but given that pretty much every Lucid employee interview and video across the company references how they're big fans of (and have benchmarked from) cars like the E39 M5 (and apparently the M5cs for the Sapphire), Lotuses, Miatas, and various other enthusiast cars, I think this fits right into the spirit of Lucid ownership. Kicking things off, here's my contribution, and the other half of my realistically-perfect 2-car garage! '02 Boxster S, 50k miles, Fabspeed headerback exhaust, 6MT, speed yellow :)

Show me what you got, and discuss/bond/commiserate!

Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.15.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.15.45 AM.png

Many members here have GREAT tastes in cars! Including you apparently, as that yellow pairs perfectly with the car. I'm sure @Bobby can contribute his DB9!

Also, what if your other car is also an EV 😂 there goes the title!

Last edited:
Many members here have GREAT tastes in cars! Including you apparently, as that yellow pairs perfectly with the car. I'm sure @Bobby can contribute his DB9!

Also, what if your other car is also an EV 😂
One of my other cars is an EV!

Clean 986. I owned a 987 for a few years, and absolutely loved it. It was tastefully modified and a dedicated autox toy. Fun fact, when I sold the car I had a spare set of of wheels with RE71R tires. A Lucid employee purchased them from me for his own Cayman. Greg or something like that, he was driving some type of converted van/bus. I think he worked in powertrain. Hope he is still around and contributing to their mission.

OH! I see you are in Los Gatos! Are you a PCA member? Diablo or GGR region?

IMG_20190521_135529_423.jpg

Last edited:
Clean 986. I owned a 987 for a few years, and absolutely loved it. It was tastefully modified and pretty much a dedicated autox toy.

View attachment 15050
Based on the state of the suspension and wheel/arch gap in that pic I would imagine there is a huge smile behind that helmet. Would love to do some autox with both my 986 and Air, assuming I'm able to get over my risk aversion of wear/tear in the case of the Porsche and violating the terms of my lease for the Lucid.

@Bobby but an EV isn't your only other car ;)

Based on the state of the suspension and wheel/arch gap in that pic I would imagine there is a huge smile behind that helmet. Would love to do some autox with both my 986 and Air, assuming I'm able to get over my risk aversion of wear/tear in the case of the Porsche and violating the terms of my lease for the Lucid.

@Bobby but an EV isn't your only other car ;)
If the car is in Los Gatos, I think the GGR and Diablo group still put on autox events.

The car was on a stock spring/strut combo, class restriction. However, it had upgraded swaybars and GT3 front control arms. I also threw a very aggressive alignment on it. Some of the non functional upgrades included the numeric short shift and shift cables, and Cargraphic exhaust. This exhaust was amazing, on cold starts it would have a loppy idle and sound MEAN.

At the risk of turning this into a Porsche appreciation thread, here's my current fun car:

IMG_4012.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

It's something of a project, but coming together nicely. The license plate is a nod to its ultimate goal of being a 968 ClubSport tribute.

At the risk of turning this into a Porsche appreciation thread, here's my current fun car:

View attachment 15051
View attachment 15052

It's something of a project, but coming together nicely. The license plate is a nod to its ultimate goal of being a 968 ClubSport tribute.
Beautiful 968! What color is it? I have not seen a richer bright red color!

@NoseyReporter Great to know re: GGR and Diable, thank you sir. And yeah, for the price it's hard to beat the exhaust note of that flat six. Hopefully my neighbors agree.

@Spin Doctor Lucid should be proud that they've built a car for Porsche people despite not being Porsche :) And that is absolutely gorgeous and radwood-tastic. Straight out of the pages of a DuPont Registry I probably bought from Barns & Noble 30 years ago.

IMG_2936.jpeg

Restored 1973 Mustang Convertible, new engine, new transmission, new suspension, new wiring, new gauges, new paint, new interior, new fuel system (nowEFI), new exhaust, etc.

About as far from an EV as you can get, talk about an aggressive idle...

Last edited:
View attachment 15053

Restored 1973 Mustang Convertible, new engine, new transmission, new suspension, new wiring, new gauges, new paint, new interior, new fuel system (nowEFI), new exhaust, etc.
Tasteful mods! Most people would just slap a huge wing, neon lights, but this is barely noticeable! Bonus points for Mach 1!(and those jetskis in the back)

Is it new? I would blur the license plate!
Nah, a few years old, but still remains the most useful vehicle we've ever purchased.

Nah, a few years old, but still remains the most useful vehicle we've ever purchased.
Ah, I was confused by the license plate! The odyssey used to be a very good choice, but the competitors are getting more compelling and more powerful.

@CLTGT imo the mach 1 is the best body outside of the '06 GT modern Ford has ever designed. Gorgeous, and clearly you're enjoying a balanced diet of drivetrain.

@hydbob I could go on way too embarassingly long about my love of minivans and Odysseys specifically, having moved my drumkit (and made last min accommodations) countless times in my friend's. Must be hard to decide what keys to grab for the canyons on a Sunday morn.

@CLTGT imo the mach 1 is the best body outside of the '06 GT modern Ford has ever designed. Gorgeous, and clearly you're enjoying a balanced diet of drivetrain.

@hydbob I could go on way too embarassingly long about my love of minivans and Odysseys specifically, having moved my drumkit (and made last min accommodations in) countless times in my friend's. Must be hard to decide what keys to grab for the canyons on a Sunday morn.
If you love the odyssey, you will love the gravity. Lucid is going more for the minivan way, as seen in the pictures, which will make it probably more practical than an odyssey!
And I too love the Mach 1 body! The rear looks so clean! I am curious, what do you find good about the 06 gt?

@xponents the gravity did briefly give me pause for what lucid i wanted, but ultimately handling and performance (and delivery time) won out. If they'd confirmed the development of an estate version of the Air with an unexpected delivery time, I'd probably be waiting for it indefinitely.

Regarding the '06 Ford GT, I like that it looks like the version from 50 years before :)

Back