Key Fob + Service Center Lost Key

Absparky

Cars
Lucid Air Touring, Q5
Ok - from the looks of it, I'm not the only one with key fob issues - but I have been told different stories.
Here's the story:
Brought my car in for a questions I had. The team at the local center offered to do the latest update while I was there.
After an hour observing the process from the waiting area, something seemed wrong. Everyone wearing a Lucid shirt was
looking for something, turns out they lost my key fob!!! After another 30 minutes - they offered a replacement set of fobs
and they set them up for my car. Outside of my time, I understand stuff happens. I asked them about my 'spare' fob at home
would it still work? Was told no - but next time I'm in the area, bring it in & they'll reprogram it to match the new fobs.

I went back this week - with the 2 new fobs, plus my 1 'spare' from the original set.
I was told under no circumstances, do they reprogram the original key. Then the BS started flowing....
-Lucid only supports 2 key fobs
-we're concerned about the spare fob winding up in the wrong hands & theft
- I asked what if I wanted to buy additional fobs for my car? I was asked WHY?

See where I'm going with this?
-Can anyone verify the 2 key fob limitation from Lucid?
-Why can't my 3rd fob be re-programmed?

And....during this discussion, the service manager offered to replace the battery in all 3 fobs "as a gesture" while I was there
and offering that the key fobs batteries only last 2 to 3 months & I should keep spares??

Let me get this right - a company that has developed a car that runs on batteries - cannot get a key fob battery straight?
Then I come to the forum, and I read post after post and people going to the extreme measure of keeping their fobs in a faraday
pouch to presevre the lifetime ? C'mon man .....every person here has owned expensive cars & inexpensive cars that have batteries
in the fobs. Have you ever had your batteries' last a couple of months and had to keep your fob far away from the vehicle to maintain
the viability of the battery?

I'm not familiar with other luxury cars but do those key fobs allow proximity sensor where the car locks or unlocks depending how close or far the fob is?

Have you ever had your batteries' last a couple of months and had to keep your fob far away from the vehicle to maintain
I understand your frustration, but EVERY single car that has proximity key fobs will inevitably go down in battery life.
Also, you state Lucid cannot get a key fob battery right. They are not the ones that make them, rather it is just external OEM companies. Try finding a anti-bitterant battery, as those last longer.

I understand your frustration, but EVERY single car that has proximity key fobs will inevitably go down in battery life.
Also, you state Lucid cannot get a key fob battery right. They are not the ones that make them, rather it is just external OEM companies. Try finding a anti-bitterant battery, as those last longer.
Our Mercedes proximity key fob batteries are lasting a long time.

I can confirm 2 key fobs, 2 valet cards, and at least 2 mobile keys (never tried or had several phones to add to see the limit). Technician confirmed this when I needed valet cards and fobs replaced.

The batteries are fairly cheap for a larger pack. The time it took you to write the post exasperated at the battery lite you could have replaced all the batteries in your key fobs with the help of a small flathead (tiny ones used for computers), maybe even less time. They made it shockingly easy vs. my bulky, traditional Hyundai key.

Ok - from the looks of it, I'm not the only one with key fob issues - but I have been told different stories.
Here's the story:
Brought my car in for a questions I had. The team at the local center offered to do the latest update while I was there.
After an hour observing the process from the waiting area, something seemed wrong. Everyone wearing a Lucid shirt was
looking for something, turns out they lost my key fob!!! After another 30 minutes - they offered a replacement set of fobs
and they set them up for my car. Outside of my time, I understand stuff happens. I asked them about my 'spare' fob at home
would it still work? Was told no - but next time I'm in the area, bring it in & they'll reprogram it to match the new fobs.

I went back this week - with the 2 new fobs, plus my 1 'spare' from the original set.
I was told under no circumstances, do they reprogram the original key. Then the BS started flowing....

And....during this discussion, the service manager offered to replace the battery in all 3 fobs "as a gesture" while I was there
and offering that the key fobs batteries only last 2 to 3 months & I should keep spares??

Let me get this right - a company that has developed a car that runs on batteries - cannot get a key fob battery straight?
Then I come to the forum, and I read post after post and people going to the extreme measure of keeping their fobs in a faraday
pouch to presevre the lifetime ? C'mon man .....every person here has owned expensive cars & inexpensive cars that have batteries
in the fobs. Have you ever had your batteries' last a couple of months and had to keep your fob far away from the vehicle to maintain
Seems like service did a good job of correcting their mistake.

If you are disappointed in the fob, consider using mobile key instead.

Here's the story:

I was told by Lucid that there is a limit as to how many fobs and mobile keys can be linked to a car.

I don’t know any cars that come with more than 2 fobs. Teslas now come with zero.

Our Mercedes proximity key fob batteries are lasting a long time.
My Lucid fobs are more than seven months old now with zero battery issues.

Take an alcohol wipe to your battery. Both sides. They’ll last a lot longer. Throw the faraday pouches in the trash, lol

I just bought a 4 pack Airtags and put one each on my Lucid fob, Rivian fob, one for my luggage when I travel and one stuffed inside my wallet. I am not one to lose things, but you just never know. The Airtags work pretty well and will guide you to where they are located with distance and directional arrow once you get within 20'ish feet or so. Beyond that, the FindMy app will give you their general location.

Last edited:
Also great to hide in your car. Never know!
The cars should be traceable via their respective apps, unless the app gives you an error when trying to connect to vehicle which it seems to do about 30% of the time - more when the car is asleep. T-company would actually show the vehicle while in motion to give real-time location and speed. Lucid and Rivian don't do this unfortunately TMK.

You should be able to recharge your key-fob just like you recharge you iPhone or Apple Remote for Apple TV

You should be able to recharge your key-fob just like you recharge you iPhone or Apple Remote for Apple TV
If it worked that way no doubt people would complain and wish for a removable and easily replaceable battery.

If it worked that way no doubt people would complain and wish for removable and easily replaceable battery.
This is actually true, use playstation vs xbox for example. Xbox fans complain that the controllers have no rechargeable batteries, but playstation fans complain that their batteries arent quickly replacable.

Back