Wouldn't it be nice if the car told you that the fob battery is low?

I had to replace my key fob battery again today. Wouldn't it be nice if the car told you when the fob battery was getting low and needed to be replaced?
That would be assuming the key has the ability to measure the battery's SOC, which I highly doubt. The battery would run well until it shut down and the fob can't do anything after then..

It used to be a feature but was unreliable. They removed it because it was proving to be inaccurate. If you haven't already, please read the battery fob section of lucid updates.com.

The code is there and it used to exist as @hydbob mentioned. The issue is that because the batteries were so finicky, it would constantly tell you your battery was low when it wasn’t.

I wonder if they could put it back now that we’ve figured out the bitterant coating thing?

Had to replace my key fob battery again today. It seems like every 5-6 weeks, but today the car told me the battery was low and needed replacing. "HAPPY DANCE"

Had to replace my key fob battery again today. It seems like every 5-6 weeks, but today the car told me the battery was low and needed replacing. "HAPPY DANCE"
Interesting that they turned that back on!

Do you keep it in a faraday bag? I haven't had to replace my battery in the past 5 months and it's still working...

Do you keep it in a faraday bag? I haven't had to replace my battery in the past 5 months and it's still working...
Good question. I stopped using my faraday when I turned off the Passive Unlock feature.

faraday bag or not will not matter. My wife's Mercedes has one key fob that will tell you that the battery is low even a week after replacing the battery and one fob that works fine. Battery brand does not seem to matter.

After having my car for 4 months the battery on my key fob is dead. I'm wondering if the key fob was delivered with a weak battery, or it is consumes a lot of battery and I'll need to replace it in another 4 months. I drive the car on an average of twice a week, so I don't think it is an overuse problem.

After having my car for 4 months the battery on my key fob is dead. I'm wondering if the key fob was delivered with a weak battery, or it is consumes a lot of battery and I'll need to replace it in another 4 months. I drive the car on an average of twice a week, so I don't think it is an overuse problem.
The batteries are notorious for going dead quickly. Unfortunate quirk of the fob design. So you will need to replace the battery every so often.

Whenever you take it in for service, they replace the batteries as a standard procedure. Folks have reported needing to change them anywhere from every few months to once or twice a year. It varies.

The batteries are notorious for going dead quickly. Unfortunate quirk of the fob design. So you will need to replace the battery every so often.

Whenever you take it in for service, they replace the batteries as a standard procedure. Folks have reported needing to change them anywhere from every few months to once or twice a year. It varies.
And it helps if you ensure they don’t have a bitterant coating - you can either buy them without one, or use rubbing alcohol to rub it off. That will help maintain the connection and keep the battery from dying - I’ve tested this empirically and it works.

The code is there and it used to exist as @hydbob mentioned. The issue is that because the batteries were so finicky, it would constantly tell you your battery was low when it wasn’t.

I wonder if they could put it back now that we’ve figured out the bitterant coating thing?
Yes, but if you replaced the battery every time it said to, it always worked. 😂 Lucid sent me a box of batteries in January of 22.

I just checked, and the packaging (Duracell) says bitter coating. So I will remove the battery and scrub it down.

Where does it tell you that?

I never saw it say low battery. But it did say it could not detect my key fob. Since it was in my pocket I took that to mean that the battery was low.

I never saw it say low battery. But it did say it could not detect my key fob. Since it was in my pocket I took that to mean that the battery was low.

I get that "cannot detect key fob" message randomly, sometimes accompanied by a requirement to enter the PIN for the car. It does not seem to correlate to how long the battery has been in the fob.

I get that "cannot detect key fob" message randomly, sometimes accompanied by a requirement to enter the PIN for the car. It does not seem to correlate to how long the battery has been in the fob.
For me it was correlated. I got the message several times, but not every time. About 2-3 weeks later the battery was dead.

Back