RESOLVED Can't find the keybob in my car!

Initially I did assume it must be somewhere in the car, but I never could find it. After looking, I did a test, leaving my phone (mobile key) and the other fob in the house. I wasn't able to start the car. I assume if the fob was inside the car, I'd have been able to start it.
If the lost fob ever shows up, it can be reprogrammed for $100 so you'd have a third fob.
I was able to drive the car without phone key and obvious the key fob. Theoretically, someone were to break into my car, they can drive it without any issue o_O

I was able to drive the car without phone key and obvious the key fob. Theoretically, someone were to break into my car, they can drive it without any issue o_O
You can un-pair the fob in Security settings on the pilot panel. If you find it again, all you have to do is add it back there.

The battery really should be dead soon, if it's in constant contact with the car.

You can un-pair the fob in Security settings on the pilot panel. If you find it again, all you have to do is add it back there.
That’s not actually quite right; you can’t unpair a fob. You can unlink it from a profile, but that doesn’t make the fob not work.

At the moment, afaik, only service can pair/unpair fobs.

I think you aren't looking hard enough for your fob 🤣

This is so weird. I grabbed the keyfob (without a lanyard) to charge at EA tonight. Came back and couldn't find the key fob anywhere. I'm pretty sure it's still in my car because I can drive it without my phone key. Also, if leave the car with my phone, it won't auto lock. I have looked everywhere under my seats, the crevices, under the carpet. Just can't find it. I never got the lanyard that came with the key fobs. Any recommendations for where to look for the keyfob? Also, is there any 3rd party lanyard I can use to tie the key fobs? Many thanks!
I did the same thing. The matte black is hard to find in the car, especially with the black carpet. Keep looking. After I finally found it, I threaded some bright yarn on to it to make it easier to find. Good luck!

Ok, they found the key in the TRUNK WELL. I truly don't remember I opened my trunk during that charging trip. All I remember was existing the car and sit in the passenger sit to wait for the charge to complete. So I never looked into trunk well. Glad they found it, put laneyards on both keys and put Airtags on them. I hope I will never loose them again.

Ok, they found the key in the TRUNK WELL. I truly don't remember I opened my trunk during that charging trip. All I remember was existing the car and sit in the passenger sit to wait for the charge to complete. So I never looked into trunk well. Glad they found it, put laneyards on both keys and put Airtags on them. I hope I will never loose them again.
Ever notice how you always find something in the very last place you look?

Awesome. So glad you figured it out.

Did they put in new batteries while they were at it?

Brings up another thought: can we unlink a lost keyfob in the Pilot Panel? The thought of not locking because a valet dropped my keyfob is bothersome.

Brings up another thought: can we unlink a lost keyfob in the Pilot Panel? The thought of not locking because a valet dropped my keyfob is bothersome.
As far as I know, only Lucid can unlink a Key Fob. All we can do is disconnect it from a profile. It’ll still open the car and let you drive.

Wow I am so happy to hear the new fob is that cheap. Our new fob for our Toyota highlander was over 300!

Good luck. A high powered flashlight and a few hours (+lots of patience)...check trunk too!

Back