Wouldn't it be nice if the car told you that the fob battery is low?

The correlation you've experienced would make sense. It's the lack of correlation I've experienced that leaves me puzzled. And sometimes I get the request to enter the PIN when I've stopped the car and put it in park to let someone out. I haven't even exited or shut down the car, but the PIN demand comes up when I shift into drive.

The correlation you've experienced would make sense. It's the lack of correlation I've experienced that leaves me puzzled. And sometimes I get the request to enter the PIN when I've stopped the car and put it in park to let someone out. I haven't even exited or shut down the car, but the PIN demand comes up when I shift into drive.

That just means it lost connection to your key somewhere along your drive. It won't stop you mid-drive in order to make you enter a PIN, but it asks the next time you are parked. Where are you keeping your key?

I had a Tesla Model S for 7 years. I replaced the key fob battery twice. I have had my Lucid Air for 7 months and am on my 3rd battery! Ridiculous.

I wish they would make the Gravity key fob work with the Air.

Any time you are near your car the fob battery is working. I discovered that the fob and the mobile phone "see" the car even when I'm in the house. So take a piece of AL foil and fold it over your key fob when you don't need it.
1709557641928.png
key fob Faraday pouch.

I replaced my fob batteries a week or so after delivery, got Faraday pouches for them, and still use the same fob batteries 17 months later.
You don't need a pouch. Any metal, even a screen or cage, will prevent the fob from "working".

Notice in the classic film "The Conversation" Gene Hackman keeps everything he does inside a Faraday cage that's made of cyclone fencing.
all it takes to block EMS is a conductive cage ... does not need to be solid.
1709558015704.jpeg

Back