• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Key fob battery usage

My FOB battery is seven months old. I mainly use the phone for entry but always have the FOB and card with me. The battery is still good and the FOB still works. Guess I am the lucky one. The caveat is that I only have 4000+ miles on the vehicle. A lot of down time. Perhaps with more use I would have the same issues.

What key fob batteries do you use ?
I had some lithium energies 2032 and literally it’s dying after 1 day — I don’t get it what’s going on?
Is there contact piece is it the wrong battery mind??

All my fobs died and I am on 2nd and third batteries

All my fobs died and I am on 2nd and third batteries
Are you keeping them away from the car when not in use? Or in a Faraday pouch? I stick with Japanese brand 2032s. Panasonic, Toshiba, etc.

Are you keeping them away from the car when not in use? Or in a Faraday pouch?
I didn’t think with 2.1.3 this is needed is it still needed ?? Can you recommend one Amazon ?

I didn’t think with 2.1.3 this is needed is it still needed ?? Can you recommend one Amazon ?
Even though the fob will no longer unlock in this scenario, communication is likely still happening while it's in range. So I would continue to use the pouch.

What key fob batteries do you use ?
I had some lithium energies 2032 and literally it’s dying after 1 day — I don’t get it what’s going on?
Is there contact piece is it the wrong battery mind??
Buy batteries without the bitter coating. @Bobby can expand on this.

It seems bitterant is a coating placed so that your kids dont swallow the battery, giving it a bitter taste but that coating also seems to stop contact in Lucid Key Fob.
So key is to find battery without bitterant coating.

Bitterant is also called child resistant.
You can apparently wash the coating off with ISOpropy alcohol, as alternative.

A quick scan not finding batteries on Amazon, i think i'll try the rubbing alochol first.

Now that my fobs live in their own faraday pouches, the batteries don't seem to be dying. I believe that the key and vehicle are in communication while the vehicle is locked and due to lack of proximity, the vehicle stays locked. This results in batteries draining QUICKLY. I went through 4 sets of fob batteries before I got the pouch. Now that I have the pouch, I haven't replaced a fob battery in over two months (new record!)

Update: we have been having much better luck with our batteries since we got the Faraday pouches for our fobs. I agree that Lucid should give out cool branded ones with the purchase of the car! We got a lucid branded hat that was so big no one fit it and an unbranded tote bag. Faraday pouch would be much more practical and look cooler sitting on the desk or counter.

That’s actually quite interesting. A wonder if a voltmeter would sense any difference? I’ll have to try this. Fascinating.
I think it would need to be under load to detect it. My fob battery warning came up for the very first time after the 2.1.3 update. I'm going to run some tests this evening to see how the battery voltage behaves when it's transmitting, before and after cleaning.

It seems bitterant is a coating placed so that your kids dont swallow the battery, giving it a bitter taste but that coating also seems to stop contact in Lucid Key Fob.
So key is to find battery without bitterant coating.

Bitterant is also called child resistant.
You can apparently wash the coating off with ISOpropy alcohol, as alternative.

A quick scan not finding batteries on Amazon, i think i'll try the rubbing alochol first.
A word of warning - if you actually have children in the home, if they swallow one of these batteries it is an absolute immediate emergency and they should have medical care with absolutely no delay. These batteries can erode through the GI tract in just a couple hours.

A word of warning - if you actually have children in the home, if they swallow one of these batteries it is an absolute immediate emergency and they should have medical care with absolutely no delay. These batteries can erode through the GI tract in just a couple hours.
Agree. Only clean at the moment you intend to install.

Back