Key Fob Battery Low

HB2

Cars
Lucid Air Dream R
The first message I saw on dashboard the day I received my Lucid Air was "Key Fob Battery Low - Replace the battery soon". Bummer, they could not deliver a new car with new battery in a fob? I replaced the battery but message was still there. Then I purchased 2 brand new batteries and changed them in both fobs. Still the same message. I checked the charge of the batteries with Multimeter and they are good. How can I fix this error?

Attachments

• Key Fob Battery Low.JPG
    Key Fob Battery Low.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 227
What software version are you on?

I’m getting that error on that release also, my guess is it’s reading the battery level wrong, or there is a bug draining it

They supposedly had fixed that issue with 1.0.6...

Our service guy just let us know it’s a known UI bug. Just not reading the proper value

Actually, have you tried to resync your key? Remove it and resync that key. I had to do that after the update a while back.

As others have said. This is a know bug. My car was in service not too long ago with version 1.1.2. I told them about this problem and they took both key fobs to determine the issue, but said that they were told it's a bug in the current software. Maybe v1.1.36 will address this.

Well, I just got a low fob key battery less than a month after getting the car and just over 500 miles:
20220219_171541.jpgACH]

Update1.1.7 a day ago. Will assume it's a misread and ignore.

I ignored my warning once. Haha couldn't get into the car at all. The battery actually did die. Luckily, I was already at the market so I went in and bought a new battery and popped it in and it unlocked just fine. This was after about a month. Cr2032 are crapshoots from any manufacturer.

I ignored my warning once. Haha couldn't get into the car at all. The battery actually did die. Luckily, I was already at the market so I went in and bought a new battery and popped it in and it unlocked just fine. This was after about a month. Cr2032 are crapshoots from any manufacturer.
OK. Guess I need to stock up on that battery. :-(

Service will give you a bunch if you ask lol plus it's the most common button battery I think

Service will give you a bunch if you ask lol plus it's the most common button battery I think
My Lexus fob holds its charge for more than a year. But, that key is only used to lock/unlock and be recognized when I leave the car. Maybe the DE is communicating with its fob on a continuous basis?

My Lexus fob holds its charge for more than a year. But, that key is only used to lock/unlock and be recognized when I leave the car. Maybe the DE is communicating with its fob on a continuous basis?
My low battery showed up during the first week of ownership. I was told that it happens if the two fabs are in close proximity which makes no sense given that they were delivered in the same box one inch apart. It is super easy to replace. Also, the light for the visor mirror needs batteries !!! I don't recall if they are the same part number.

Back