Issues on brand new car

just_a_guy

Cars
Amazing … the car won’t engage in adaptive cruise control most of times and when it does there is no indication that it is in adaptive cruise control … no display… no traffic sign detection also and display

Within a week car back in shop… even after update to latest software they are not able to root cause the issue

Hopefully they can asap…

There should be basic check list of qc done before delivery of vehicle right out of the factory

This is worrisome

Amazing … the car won’t engage in adaptive cruise control most of times and when it does there is no indication that it is in adaptive cruise control … no display… no traffic sign detection also and display

Within a week car back in shop… even after update to latest software they are not able to root cause the issue

Hopefully they can asap…

There should be basic check list of qc done before delivery of vehicle right out of the factory

This is worrisome

I hope your experience improves.

For a brand new company, it’s tough to identify all potential problems, without driving the car for a period of time prior to releasing it to a new owner, and they cannot do that.

Nevertheless, it’s frustrating to have early adopter problems . They will take care of you.

Hopefully they can asap…

This is worrisome
Very strange, never heard this before. Hope it's software problem.

More than a week and they still can’t figure it out… in process they are upgrading car to 2.0.24 version ..

tbh I don’t think it is software issue , have feeling GT dreamdrive pro features either not installed ( will probably will relying on some hardware) or some sensor not working

Anyone else have their Brand new car in shop for more than a week?

More than a week and they still can’t figure it out… in process they are upgrading car to 2.0.24 version ..

tbh I don’t think it is software issue , have feeling GT dreamdrive pro features either not installed ( will probably will relying on some hardware) or some sensor not working

Anyone else have their Brand new car in shop for more than a week?
My new I Pace was in the shop for 7 weeks. Finally diagnosed as a faulty front drive unit. Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue. Going back on Monday. My Lucid has been great!

Seems 2.0.24 update fixed the issue but it still doesn’t detect all road signs and adaptive control does not react to speed signs

Also it is gt but dreamdrive pro doesn’t seem enabled

You are correct. Dreamdrive pro is not fully enabled on your car, or any car… yet.

You are correct. Dreamdrive pro is not fully enabled on your car, or any car… yet.

Thanks… gave them feedback to have all hardware and software versions including dreamdrive version in about us…

Interestingly according to tech , he doesn’t have idea if hardware is gt or touring… there is no way to tell..: I am sure it is gt hardware but if tech cannot tell the difference then lucid needs to have some hardware Id either digital or label for others to identify bom

So adaptive cruise and highway assist was not engaged in car… upgrading to latest software helped…that is very strange …no other car according to lucid exhibited that behavior.. with same hardware, we should have replicable behavior… however this was not the case here i

Question to others… what road signs does your car detect? Mine only detects speed limit… no stop sign or any other signs.. I presume this is the case with all cars

Btw love highway assist… it warns if you are hands off

Question to others… what road signs does your car detect? Mine only detects speed limit… no stop sign or any other signs.. I presume this is the case with all cars
Right now it only detects speed limit signs. Those will display even when you are not using ACC or HA.

Right now it only detects speed limit signs. Those will display even when you are not using ACC or HA.
Does the car actually adjust the speed to reflect new speed limits, or does it just reflect the new limit on the dash?

Does the car actually adjust the speed to reflect new speed limits, or does it just reflect the new limit on the dash?
Just reflects it, but gives you a one button click option to adjust it if you are in HA or ACC.

You can set it the Dream Drive settings to prompt you that a new speed limit is detected and allow you to update the speed by toggling the Dream Drive toggle switch. From the manual:

1668016782674.png

Highway assist is amazing… drove 110 miles on it… you still have to atleast touch steering every 30 seconds or so… except for one time when the car was about to bang another car at merge, I never had to control it

With massage on and HA you do get sleepy… so yes it’s dual edge sword

Highway assist is amazing… drove 110 miles on it… you still have to atleast touch steering every 30 seconds or so… except for one time when the car was about to bang another car at merge, I never had to control it

I just got my lucid and cannot figure out how to activate ha... ive turned on everything in dreamdrive settings but there is only adaptive cruise. Ive updates to latest software too

I’m still experiencing a repeated surging sensation during highway assist at speeds of 70 and up. Anyone else? Any options to smooth it out? Version 2.0.24.

I’m still experiencing a repeated surging sensation during highway assist at speeds of 70 and up. Anyone else? Any options to smooth it out? Version 2.0.24.
Yep! And not that I've been able to find yet.

I just got HA this past week with 2.0.8 and it's smooth as butter. Have you contacted Lucid service yet?

I just got HA this past week with 2.0.8 and it's smooth as butter. Have you contacted Lucid service yet?
I'm fairly certain that this is an algorithm change, not something that the service dept would be able to directly adjust.

I'm on .24 as well, and noticed the surging starting with .15 IIRC. It feels like there are competing subroutines in the code, if you will... one that detects that it needs to accelerate to maintain the requested speed, and then a competing routine that is sensing the car in front or that it's exceeding the requested speed and thus, it lets off and overcorrects.

Luckily for me, it's nonoticeable, but not annoying enough to turn it off. I can somewhat ignore it. I imagine this will be tuned in the very near future.

Back