Issues on brand new car

I hope they are covering a month worth of your payments, unless you paid in full for the Lucid.

Seriously thinking of invoking lemon law on this car… love the car but most of the time so far, car is in shop for major issues.. will wait max till Wednesday

Seriously thinking of invoking lemon law on this car… love the car but most of the time so far, car is in shop for major issues.. will wait max till Wednesday
It’s frustrating. My Jag I Pace was at the dealer for 7 weeks waiting for a front drive unit. Finally arrived and it’s back. I did speak to a lemon law attorney here in CA and unfortunately a long wait to fix a problem does not qualify. The law is based on a car being non-repairable after a “reasonable” amount of attempts, not time.

Anyone seen above?
4 times yesterday. Did left turn signal reset each time to cure it. Going to do key card reset proactively and report issue to Lucid to see if it's going to keep happening. Pretty scary huh ?
First time after reset the problem went away.. it came back soon and this time there as a jerk …

Lucid has opened service work order for this… let’s see what they find
First time about 4 miles from home on local road it happened as you describe: slowing for a traffic light there was a jerk, the the dash lit up. Fixed on reset. Then happened three more times inside a mile, each time fixed with reset. Otherwise car seems completely fine.

Problem is now I don't trust the car and will not dare take it on a highway. I'm trying to imagine it happening in the Lincoln Tunnel on one of our frequent trips to NY. We'll just exit the car and do a reset?

I'm actually relieved to hear others have seen this. You don't want to be the only one with a catastrophic issue.

As frightening as it was...the worst part was all the Teslas that seemed to appear as I'm stranded in the middle of an intersection unable to move the car...in the rain of course.

A bunch of us have had the disappointment and frustration of early adopters. It's good to come here and vent. pretty much it goes "issue issue issue but I love the car". I have a lot of patience for love.

Last edited:
4 times yesterday. Did left turn signal reset each time to cure it. Going to do key card reset proactively and report issue to Lucid to see if it's going to keep happening. Pretty scary huh ?

First time about 4 miles from home on local road it happened as you describe: slowing for a traffic light there was a jerk, the the dash lit up. Fixed on reset. Then happened three more times inside a mile, each time fixed with reset. Otherwise car seems completely fine.

Problem is now I don't trust the car and will not dare take it on a highway. I'm trying to imagine it happening in the Lincoln Tunnel on one of our frequent trips to NY. We'll just exit the car and do a reset?

I'm actually relieved to hear others have seen this. You don't want to be the only one with a catastrophic issue.

As frightening as it was...the worst part was all the Teslas that seemed to appear as I'm stranded in the middle of an intersection unable to move the car...in the rain of course.

A bunch of us have had the disappointment and frustration of early adopters. It's good to come here and vent. pretty much it goes "issue issue issue but I love the car". I have a lot of patience for love.
What is happening yo your car is not normal and not good. I would not drive it wither. Report it to customer care and they will get it into a service center. Please do not post this same story in multiple threads, it does not add any new information. Please do let us know how Customer Care and service respond, but please do so only in one thread.

When you first start, ACC/HA need to calibrate. So if you were in that calibration period, it would not have allowed you to do it.
Good software would have put up a notice on the pilot screen to that effect, not just refuse to do the operation silently...
I have reported similar "silent failures/refusals" to customer support on other issues too...
the software team needs to learn to consider that there is ultimately a human being they are serving here!

It’s frustrating. My Jag I Pace was at the dealer for 7 weeks waiting for a front drive unit. Finally arrived and it’s back. I did speak to a lemon law attorney here in CA and unfortunately a long wait to fix a problem does not qualify. The law is based on a car being non-repairable after a “reasonable” amount of attempts, not time.
Isn't there a thirty day alternative rule for California lemon law?

Good software would have put up a notice on the pilot screen to that effect, not just refuse to do the operation silently...
I have reported similar "silent failures/refusals" to customer support on other issues too...
the software team needs to learn to consider that there is ultimately a human being they are serving here!
I agree, but it was listed in the patch notes. I think there is some degree of responsibility for the owner to read that as well, especially for updates which actually contain information in the notes!

Please get this checked out by service ASAP, and please limit your posting of a single issue to a single thread. The “dumping” of posting your issue on every thread that may or may not be relevant is something we’d like to avoid on the forum as it clutters conversation and confuses.

Perhaps, but I am not aware of it.

Scroll down and you will see the thirty day requirement.

Note...I am not recommending you do so...I am merely letting you know.

I agree, but it was listed in the patch notes. I think there is some degree of responsibility for the owner to read that as well, especially for updates which actually contain information in the notes!
They don't get that out... cars willbe delivered woth that software on place, non-owners will drive cars, cars will be sold... etc. Etc. Etc...

Isn't there a thirty day alternative rule for California lemon law?
Yep… I checked few websites of atty … 30 day rule for major issues… seems my car will be hitting 4 week mark soon if I club other issue of acc

Will give a call to few atty and see my options..: clearly this car has lots of issues and I suspect this is not the last of issue

Car on freeway. Speed limit displays 65 mph.
Car exits freeway.
The 65 mph display will not change until the car sees a speed limit sign 1 mile further down the road.
Now the display will be 40 mph, or whatever the sign is.
Is this normal behavior?

Car on freeway. Speed limit displays 65 mph.
Car exits freeway.
The 65 mph display will not change until the car sees a speed limit sign 1 mile further down the road.
Now the display will be 40 mph, or whatever the sign is.
Is this normal behavior?
It shows you the limit based off reading signs not your GPS location so it'll stay in whatever sign it reads last.

It shows you the limit based off reading signs not your GPS location so it'll stay in whatever sign it reads last.
I've also had it read a "minimum speed" sign's value and thought it was the current speed limit (as I recall it was somewhere on I-95 in the SE US). Recent SW updates may have addressed this (as this was back in early Nov 2022... still waiting to get our car back from the body shop, sigh).

Thanks for the explanation.
It's good to know the limit of the functionality. I need to pay more attention to the actual environment.

Back