Issues on brand new car

It shows you the limit based off reading signs not your GPS location so it'll stay in whatever sign it reads last.
There are places where it will use an internal (or maybe online) database where it will show the new speed well before the actual sign. I’ve had this happen many places and many of these places the actual speed limit sign is around a corner. And of course, I’ve driven by very visible speed limit signs, but it doesn’t register them - probably because they are placed too far away from the edge of the road.

Well, looks like reliable speed limits should be another item on the Wish List.
Truthfully, I never paid much attention to this info previously but only doing it now because we have another car and we’ve seen it displaying the info correctly .

Last edited:
Havent seen any major misreads on speed limits. Just needs to pass a sign and it seems to nail it. But how often to AZ drivers pay any attention to the limit signs anyway?

Havent seen any major misreads on speed limits. Just needs to pass a sign and it seems to nail it. But how often to AZ drivers pay any attention to the limit signs anyway?
Exactly. LOL.
That's why I admitted that I hadn't paid much attention to the display.
The situation I described was on 101 N, getting off Raintree and the display didn't catch up until 2 lights later.
I suppose someone unfamiliar with the area could continue on at 65 mph and potentially get into trouble.
I thought maybe the Nav malfunctioned and hence the asking.

Exactly. LOL.
The situation I described was on 101 N, getting off Raintree and the display didn't catch up until 2 lights later.
I suppose someone unfamiliar with the area could continue on at 65 mph and potentially get into trouble.
For what it's worth, my Tesla Model Y rental also reads speed limit signs and often gets them wrong because it misunderstands the 'for trucks' speed limits signs. The Lucid used to do this in the early software, but they fixed it; in this one way, Lucid software beats Tesla lol.

It's not a big deal either way, though.

For what it's worth, my Tesla Model Y rental also reads speed limit signs and often gets them wrong because it misunderstands the 'for trucks' speed limits signs. The Lucid used to do this in the early software, but they fixed it; in this one way, Lucid software beats Tesla lol.

It's not a big deal either way, though.
Years ago, I recalled reading a paper from a Berkeley group describing an experiment where they added some really minor artifacts on a street sign and it would be totally misread by the AI.
I think the senior author was a female professor. Can't remember if it was a speed or Stop sign that they messed with.

Years ago, I recalled reading a paper from a Berkeley group describing an experiment where they added some really minor artifacts on a street sign and it would be totally misread by the AI.
I think the senior author was a female professor. Can't remember if it was a speed or Stop sign that they messed with.
[/QUOT
I read about some experiments with changing the fonts on speed limit signs. Supposed to make it easier for humans to read., but maybe it's more confusing for automated systems. I've seen a few "new" fonts in NTX but it doesn't appear to be something they are adopting.

I've had my Touring for not even a month. Test drove the car on Dec 2nd, "advised" to order within 10 days to assure legacy pricing. Placed the order with the expressed estimate of 2-6 weeks for delivery, which was good since Lucid doesn't accept trade-ins and I had to sell my BMW. The car was delivered in about 2 weeks. The delivery advisor took note the car was not detailed satisfactorily,, and the "owner's cap" is too large. He assured me they would get a detail scheduled and someone would come to our home to do it. And, though he didn't know if smaller caps were available, which I found ludicrous as I'm sure many owners are not L/XL in their cap size, he would look into it. The side mirrors popped out while "creeping" into my garage and rubbed against the stucco side wall causing damage. My and my wife's profiles override each other's on many occasions. The seats don't adjust when one or the other's profile is detected, as told it would. Intermittently, the reverse camera would indicate on, but not display anything, and the pilot screen would be completely dark. Without the rear camera view, and the minimal view out the back window and side mirrors, bumped into a vertical concrete post while backing in to charge the car. Of the four times I've used the Electrify America chargers because I do not have a charger installed at home and live nearby an EA station, I've spent what must be hours on the phone with EA and Lucid as they pointed fingers at each other of who's to blame for erratic connectivity of the charger to the car. EA doesn't recognize the car as there is no subscription, Lucid identifies the subscription on the phone app and other documentation, but EA asked if this was all communicated to them. Bluetooth would intermittently lose the pairing to the device, causing one to "forget" the device and start over. If I drive with just my phone, the car sets to my wife's profile. On one occasion, after driving to a meeting with just the phone, when I went to leave, the car would not unlock. I called my wife to tell her I was going to be late as I was waiting for Service to return my call, when she had the idea to try it from her phone miles away, and it worked. After driving MBZ and BMW for years, the fit and finish of this car are lacking. The rear trunk gap near the rear window widens as you come down toward the bottom on one side, but stays fairly uniform on the other side. The list goes on......
Is this just happening to me?

Thank you so much for your post and congratulations on the car. I had a 2008 SL55 AMG in Iridium Silver and loved it. 517 horsepower if I remember correctly. I got so much crap from my wife for buying a two-seater when we had three young kids so I had to sell it in favor of a Maserati Quattroporte. Twice the seats but four times the problems.

I carefully read your post and it seems your car is working very well except for some minor issues. Let's chat about the issues you're having.... my mind tends to work more in list format so let's break it apart...

Problem: Your hat is too large.
Solution: you can have mine if you'd like it. It is way too tight on my head. I've never put it on except for the initial 30 seconds when they gave it to me.

Problem: your side mirrors popped out while creeping.
Solution: you can use the button on the pilot panel to manually fold the mirrors and they should stay folded until you unfold them or exceed 5mph.

Problem: Profiles seem to override each other
Solution: well, there really isn't a good solution here. At least not that I have found. I find that the way profiles load is kind of quirky. This is especially true if you have both the mobile key and the fob and the facial recognition all going at once. Since my wife barely ever drives the Lucid, my solution was to just I have my own profile only. I hope that they will iron this out in future updates.

Problem: EA
Solution: Tough one. I have charged many times at my local EA with zero problems. That said, I've been to other ones where I need to try a different station. I have found from other posters here on this forum that once you try to get on the phone and make that call, it's hard to make forward progress. Because my car charges just fine in some places and not others, I think the fault is on their end. I know that doesn't solve anything for you but I hope that this at least improves. I've said many times that I think it is currently a bad idea to own any EV without home charging capability for two reasons: frustration and battery degradation with level three charging.

Problem: Bluetooth
Solution: make sure that you have your phone set to your profile. If this is already true and it's still a problem, delete your paired phone from the car (not the audio bluetooth; the entry one... see below) and the mobile key from your phone. Make sure that you are on your profile and then add both back. Are you also carrying the fob? If you like to carry the fob then there is no need to have mobile key set up in the first place. Personally, I never carry the fob.

Remember, there are two Bluetooth connections in this car. One is for infotainment (called Lucid Air xxx) and one is for the app & mobile key (called Lucid-xxxxx). If both are properly set up and you are still experiencing problems, I would advise you to purposely forget both both on all devices and the car and reinstall them. Only after everything is working properly with your phone then should you install your wife's phone as well.

Problem: Car won't unlock with the phone
Solution: from your comments it says that your wife unlocked the car from far away. Are you routinely launching and using the app to unlock your car? There is no need to do that if you have set up the mobile key. If you have not set it up, click the little icon in the upper right hand corner of the app and proceed from there. If you have already done that... I have had the failure to unlock problem happen one or two times recently out of the hundreds I have approached the car. Of course, always when I'm in a hurry. The mobile key and fob recognition are worlds better than they were in prior versions of the software and I imagine will continue to improve.

If you do have both Bluetooth properly set up and unlocking still occasionally fails, you can tap the door handle to give the car a gentle reminder that you are standing there. It should then unlock. If that also fails, you can launch the app and press the unlock button. If all of those fail, use the key card which you should definitely be carrying if you are using the mobile key just in case your phone battery dies.

Problem: fit and finish
Solution: you made the general statement that fit and finish are lacking, but only gave one minor example. I'm not sure if there are other issues going on. As far as the trunk goes, simply contact service to have them align the trunk better. If that was indeed your only issue, in the future please avoid generalizations and be more specific so we can all learn from your experiences here on the forum.

All the best and enjoy the ride!

Thank you so much for your post and congratulations on the car. I had a 2008 SL55 AMG in Iridium Silver and loved it. 517 horsepower if I remember correctly. I got so much crap from my wife for buying a two-seater when we had three young kids so I had to sell it in favor of a Maserati Quattroporte. Twice the seats but four times the problems.

I carefully read your post and it seems your car is working very well except for some minor issues. Let's chat about the issues you're having.... my mind tends to work more in list format so let's break it apart...

Solution: you can have mine if you'd like it. It is way too tight on my head. I've never put it on except for the initial 30 seconds when they gave it to me.

Solution: you can use the button on the pilot panel to manually fold the mirrors and they should stay folded until you unfold them or exceed 5mph.

Solution: well, there really isn't a good solution here. At least not that I have found. I find that the way profiles load is kind of quirky. This is especially true if you have both the mobile key and the fob and the facial recognition all going at once. Since my wife barely ever drives the Lucid, my solution was to just I have my own profile only. I hope that they will iron this out in future updates.

Solution: Tough one. I have charged many times at my local EA with zero problems. That said, I've been to other ones where I need to try a different station. I have found from other posters here on this forum that once you try to get on the phone and make that call, it's hard to make forward progress. Because my car charges just fine in some places and not others, I think the fault is on their end. I know that doesn't solve anything for you but I hope that this at least improves. I've said many times that I think it is currently a bad idea to own any EV without home charging capability for two reasons: frustration and battery degradation with level three charging.

Solution: make sure that you have your phone set to your profile. If this is already true and it's still a problem, delete your paired phone from the car (not the audio bluetooth; the entry one... see below) and the mobile key from your phone. Make sure that you are on your profile and then add both back. Are you also carrying the fob? If you like to carry the fob and there is no need to have more heat it up in the first place. Personally, I never carry the fob.

Remember, there are two Bluetooth connections in this car. One is for infotainment (called Lucid Air xxx) and one is for the app & mobile key (called Lucid-xxxxx). If both are properly set up and you are still experiencing problems, I would advise you to purposely forget both both on all devices and the car and reinstall them. Only after everything is working properly with your phone then should you install your wife's phone as well.

Solution: from your comments it says that your wife unlocked the car from far away. Are you routinely launching and using the app to unlock your car? There is no need to do that if you have set up the mobile key. If you have not set it up, click the little icon in the upper right hand corner of the app and proceed from there. If you have already done that... I have had the failure to unlock problem happen one or two times recently out of the hundreds I have approached the car. Of course, always when I'm in a hurry. The mobile key and fob recognition are worlds better than they were in prior versions of the software and I imagine will continue to improve.

If you do have both Bluetooth properly set up and unlocking still occasionally fails, you can tap the door handle to give the car a gentle reminder that you are standing there. It should then unlock. If that also fails, you can launch the app and press the unlock button. If all of those fail, use the key card which you should definitely be carrying if you are using the mobile key just in case your phone battery dies.

Solution: you made the general statement that fit and finish are lacking, but only gave one minor example. I'm not sure if there are other issues going on. As far as the trunk goes, simply contact service to have them align the trunk better. If that was indeed your only issue, in the future please avoid generalizations and be more specific so we can all learn from your experiences here on the forum.

@Bobby
Damn, that was a fine bit of explanation. I thought I was back in post grad Quantum Physics. Nice job!!!

My new I Pace was in the shop for 7 weeks. Finally diagnosed as a faulty front drive unit. Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue. Going back on Monday. My Lucid has been great!
Which proves why anecdotal evidence, such as in a forum, is not an accurate statistical methodology. The Consumer Reports reliability method is better but even that doesn't necessarily distinguish a fault that causes the car to fail to advance with a blemish that should be repaired.

Forums like this can provide useful information but don't use them to determine if a particular vehicle is reliable or not.

Amazing … the car won’t engage in adaptive cruise control most of times and when it does there is no indication that it is in adaptive cruise control … no display… no traffic sign detection also and display

Within a week car back in shop… even after update to latest software they are not able to root cause the issue

Hopefully they can asap…

There should be basic check list of qc done before delivery of vehicle right out of the factory

This is worrisome
Dream Drive, Alexa, windshield wiper sensors, rear defroster do not work...so frustrating. Living a bad dream!

Dream Drive, Alexa, windshield wiper sensors, rear defroster do not work...so frustrating. Living a bad dream!
By “do not work”, do you mean don’t turn on? Alexa is frustrating on Amazon devices (it was so inconsistent on my FireCube I got rid of it for AppleTV), not just the car, but if you have confirmed you’ve logged into Alexa on your phone (Alexa app), and say “Hey Alexa” and it does nothing and the blue bar doesn’t appear on your glass cockpit on the right, then yeah call service.

Dream Drive Highway Assist currently only activates the first time on highways after you’ve driven at highway speed for 10-20 miles as it has to calibrate before you use it the first time. If you press the DD button on the bottom left of the steering wheel and it does not turn on at all though then first I’d check to make sure your GPS is working (the car has to geolocate you to enable highway assist), and if GPS isn’t working try to reboot the car, and if that doesn’t fix it then text customer service. I find texting them gets you faster responses than calling plus it’s in writing so they can refer back to it later if needed.

For the windshield wiper sensors, do they not turn on at all or do you just not like the auto low/high settings? Mine can be intermittently inconsistent, but I find if I need an extra wipe of the screen if it wasn’t sensitive enough, just lightly pushing in the button on the left stalk clears it. I wasn’t crazy about the auto wipers on my Mercedes either, I’d like it if Lucid gave us an intermittent feature we could adjust the speed on.

And the rear defroster should work, might just take a few minutes. If it doesn’t turn on at all then I’d text service.

Forums like this can provide useful information but don't use them to determine if a particular vehicle is reliable or not.
Can we agree on what "reliable" means?
If you are driving your car it is reliable. Everything else is BS.

Based on my first three months of Lucid ownership, I have this permanently installed.
PXL_20230101_162104986.jpg

things you need to learn that you never needed to know before you owned a Lucid:

get to the 12v battery in the rear wheel arch
install the tow loop
find the "shock and tilt" off button in the menu

also the front lip clearance is marginal = In addition to a 12v battery to jump the Lucid 12v battery so you can unlock the car (hint don't put your jumper battery in your car just carry it with you always) you should put a couple hunks of 2x8 in the trunk so you don't scrape the lip when loading on the trailer / flatbed.

Also, the tow company has never head of Lucid so don't even bother giving them the VIN when they ask = they will just tell you it is not valid after asking you to repeat it three or five times.

now explain to me how not having enough glue on the weather stripping makes your car unreliable ? bunch of crybabies.

Can we agree on what "reliable" means?
If you are driving your car it is reliable. Everything else is BS.

Based on my first three months of Lucid ownership, I have this permanently installed.
View attachment 8755
things you need to learn that you never needed to know before you owned a Lucid:

get to the 12v battery in the rear wheel arch
install the tow loop
find the "shock and tilt" off button in the menu

also the front lip clearance is marginal = In addition to a 12v battery to jump the Lucid 12v battery so you can unlock the car (hint don't put your jumper battery in your car just carry it with you always) you should put a couple hunks of 2x8 in the trunk so you don't scrape the lip when loading on the trailer / flatbed.

Also, the tow company has never head of Lucid so don't even bother giving them the VIN when they ask = they will just tell you it is not valid after asking you to repeat it three or five times.

now explain to me how not having enough glue on the weather stripping makes your car unreliable ? bunch of crybabies.
While I think this is funny, I don’t want people to get the wrong idea lol - the tow loop doesn’t “solve” any issues, it’s just helpful in case you ever need a tow.

The VIN thing is temporary and won’t be true forever, and very dependent on the tow company.

But: most people don’t ever need a tow.

Exactly. LOL.
That is a tricky spot. A entry lane merging in and two exit lanes: one for Raintree and one for Frank Lloyd Wright just beyond Raintree. I'm not surprised that it got momentarily confused.

Solution: make sure that you have your phone set to your profile. If this is already true and it's still a problem, delete your paired phone from the car (not the audio bluetooth; the entry one... see below) and the mobile key from your phone. Make sure that you are on your profile and then add both back. Are you also carrying the fob? If you like to carry the fob then there is no need to have mobile key set up in the first place. Personally, I never carry the fob.

Do you work for Lucid?? Responses sound earily similar to the excuses I've been receiving from them. It's always, "huh, never come across that", "others don't have that problem", "profiles don't work between spouses, then just don't create a profile for one spouse", and on and on. FIND THE PROBLEM OR REFUND MY MONEY

Do you work for Lucid?? Responses sound earily similar to the excuses I've been receiving from them. It's always, "huh, never come across that", "others don't have that problem", "profiles don't work between spouses, then just don't create a profile for one spouse", and on and on. FIND THE PROBLEM OR REFUND MY MONEY
No, I do not work for Lucid. I am merely relating my personal experiences and solutions for the vehicle that I own.

What I did in my post is give a friendly, thorough, and objective response to numerous issue you posed. Instead of thanking me for my obvious attempt to help you, you instead posted an accusatory and emotional response without any specifics. As per forum guidelines, please try to use a friendly tone in your posts. If you are unable to do so, please refrain from posting on this forum.

Have you considered the possibility that what Lucid is telling you is indeed correct? Have you approached them in a friendly manner? Based on your post history, I doubt it. Literally, as I write this post, a Lucid tech is at my house fixing a problem with my car. I have nothing but appreciation for him and I'm not angry that a mechanical object needed repair.

If you feel you are entitled to a refund on your car, you may consult a Lemon Law attorney.

Back