Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Screenshot_20221024-081655_Drive.jpg

Is there a way to temporarily disable highway assist to slow down gradually? I was using it the other day for the first time on the right most lane and there were couple of cars entering the highway. Highway assist kept the car going at a constant speed but I knew the car on my right (slightly ahead of me but not enough gap between us to be comfortable) is about to merge into my lane because their lane is ending.

I ended up accelerating and went ahead of him and I’m sure he didn’t like me doing that but my other option was to cancel HA which would’ve caused it to abruptly decelerate.

It would be nice to gradually decelerate without canceling HA completely.

Only way would be to slow it down yourself by toggling down your speed.

Only way would be to slow it down yourself by toggling down your speed.
You can also just ease into the brake pedal and then flip it back on.

Is there a way to temporarily disable highway assist to slow down gradually? I was using it the other day for the first time on the right most lane and there were couple of cars entering the highway. Highway assist kept the car going at a constant speed but I knew the car on my right (slightly ahead of me but not enough gap between us to be comfortable) is about to merge into my lane because their lane is ending.

I ended up accelerating and went ahead of him and I’m sure he didn’t like me doing that but my other option was to cancel HA which would’ve caused it to abruptly decelerate.

It would be nice to gradually decelerate without canceling HA completely.
The solution to this issue is to floor it, haha. In all seriousness though while holding the toggle once you’re toggling the speed down will drop you in 5mph increments, it doesn’t do it quickly, so it’s best to press the accelerator until it says override then cancel HA by pressing the Dream drive button, then slowly decelerating and that would be the smoothest way to do it.

This (Lucid, not hydbob) confused me b/c it curiously leaves out the additional step of “pressing the toggle button” to engage DreamDrive. I thought my DD was malfunctioning the first couple of times I tried using it, b/c it would not function/engage by just pushing the DD button.

Then I found this much more detailed (updated??) explanation….

Attachments

• 66C0655C-3044-4B6D-A2CA-F3269BF18CFE.jpeg
    66C0655C-3044-4B6D-A2CA-F3269BF18CFE.jpeg
    587.2 KB · Views: 236
Wouldn’t that cancel HA and wouldn’t it trigger the regen?
If you feather the brake yourself, it won’t engage regen, and then you can ease off and toggle it back on. It takes a bit of practice but it’s easy once you get used to it.

If you feather the brake yourself, it won’t engage regen, and then you can ease off and toggle it back on. It takes a bit of practice but it’s easy once you get used to it.
oh interesting. i have to check that next time i'm on HA.

Today I was using Highway Assist on a section of I-25 near Santa Fe. The HA was engaged, centered beautifully at 75mph for several miles when it started to follow a nicely marked exit/off ramp rather than the Interstate. A tap of the brake and it was easy to recover and stay with the Highway, but attention definitely needed when using this feature.
any experiences like this?

Interesting. Seems like the car needs to learn the roads more and got tricked by the lane markings. This hasn’t happened to me but that’s cuz the roads around here are idiotic and I’m amazed the highway assist works at all.

Today I was using Highway Assist on a section of I-25 near Santa Fe. The HA was engaged, centered beautifully at 75mph for several miles when it started to follow a nicely marked exit/off ramp rather than the Interstate. A tap of the brake and it was easy to recover and stay with the Highway, but attention definitely needed when using this feature.
any experiences like this?
Of course attention is needed. Lucid never claimed otherwise. This is simply a level 2 system that helps your car maintain speed and course. Attention is still needed at all times because it's not perfect and still in its infancy. To believe otherwise (a la Tesla fanboys and their belief that their cars can currently drive on all roads at all times) is foolish. I'm not saying that you are this way, just pointing out that a lot of people are pointing out shortcomings that aren't actually shortcomings.

Of course attention is needed. Lucid never claimed otherwise. This is simply a level 2 system that helps your car maintain speed and course. Attention is still needed at all times because it's not perfect and still in its infancy. To believe otherwise (a la Tesla fanboys and their belief that their cars can currently drive on all roads at all times) is foolish. I'm not saying that you are this way, just pointing out that a lot of people are pointing out shortcomings that aren't actually shortcomings.
Yes the timbre of many of the postings is just below indignation …For me this is more of an FYI/heads up. Personally, I’m not disappointed and expect it to only get better with more “learning”. Awesome Car, amazing integration and potential beyond my imagination!

Last edited:
Yes the timbre of many of the postings is just below indignation …For me this is more of an FYI/heads up. Personally, I’m not disappointed and expect it to only get better with more “learning”. Awesome Car, amazing integration and potential beyond my imagination!
I have driven several cars with some type of drivers assist. And I rank them as follows:

1. Cadillac
2. Mercedes
3. Tesla (only ranked above Lucid due to more features. I find the lane keeping wanders more than Lucid)
4. Lucid (but as a first effort it's good and as @jcook3s says, it will get better)

Obviously just my opinion.

I have driven several cars with some type of drivers assist. And I rank them as follows:

1. Cadillac
2. Mercedes
3. Tesla (only ranked above Lucid due to more features. I find the lane keeping wanders more than Lucid)
4. Lucid (but as a first effort it's good and as @jcook3s says, it will get better)

Obviously just my opinion.
Haven’t actually used either Cadillac or Mercedes! Hated the Tesla stuff tho, at least FSD on city streets. AP on highways was okay.

FSD on city streets is straight up terrifying.

New owner. Has disabling Driver Attention alerts been disabled? I do not see the option in my Dream Drive Pro menu

DreamDrive, then enable or disable - Distraction Alert. Distraction settings save to the current User Profile.

Also I have not been able to engage Highway assisted even on major greater DC highways? Operator error?

...Also I have not been able to engage Highway assisted even on major greater DC highways? Operator error?
Did you press the left hand steering wheel button, then the left toggle switch button? I was surprised by the requirement to press two different switches.

Did you press the left hand steering wheel button, then the left toggle switch button? I was surprised by the requirement to press two different switches.
Yes. Struggled to learn that! Different behavior. Adaptive cruise working. Just not Highway Assist, which is a downgrade from my other cars (Volvos). I just don't know what has gotten deprecated given DOT issues and the Tesla recall on DDP. Also almost no settings in my Dream Drive menu.

Yes. Struggled to learn that! Different behavior. Adaptive cruise working. Just not Highway Assist, which is a downgrade from my other cars (Volvos). I just don't know what has gotten deprecated given DOT issues and the Tesla recall on DDP. Also almost no settings in my Dream Drive menu.
Any chance you were on a trial for DDPro? Or that your car thinks you were?

I've noticed no difference in availability of HA or options in settings for HA.

Back