Is Homelink worth using? Your opinions please.

T-Dog

Cars
Lucid Air
I would appreciate your opinions on whether or not I should go the trouble of pairing Homelink to my garage door opener? I am not reading positive reviews on previous discussions. I am currently using a remote device which works fine. It just adds bulk to my middle cubby.

i use it and it works fine (better than my dedicate opener!). pretty easy to setup and now when i get close to the driveway, the option to open it comes up and i can open the door. not sure if its supposed to do more but thats all i wanted out of it!

In my opinion, yes. I use it all the time, although I’ll admit since I have CarPlay I ask Siri to handle it for me 95% of the time now.

I don’t find the UI that frustrating, thought it could definitely be streamlined. Pulling out of the garage it’s a single tap on the icon and then the door to open it. If you’ve gone into reverse already you’ll need to kill the top camera, open the garage, then tap the bottom right of the pilot panel to bring up the cameras again. (Or go into park and reverse again, either way)

Pulling into the garage it will pop up as it is geolocated and then you can just tap it.

It’s *fine*

i use it and it works fine (better than my dedicate opener!). pretty easy to setup and now when i get close to the driveway, the option to open it comes up and i can open the door. not sure if its supposed to do more but thats all i wanted out of it!
Thank you.

In my opinion, yes. I use it all the time, although I’ll admit since I have CarPlay I ask Siri to handle it for me 95% of the time now.

I don’t find the UI that frustrating, thought it could definitely be streamlined. Pulling out of the garage it’s a single tap on the icon and then the door to open it. If you’ve gone into reverse already you’ll need to kill the top camera, open the garage, then tap the bottom right of the pilot panel to bring up the cameras again. (Or go into park and reverse again, either way)

Pulling into the garage it will pop up as it is geolocated and then you can just tap it.

It’s *fine*
UI?

It’s *fine*
Thank you for your reply. I find your second paragraph very confusing. Pulling out of the garage…..why would I have to open the door?

Thank you for your reply. I find your second paragraph very confusing. Pulling out of the garage…..why would I have to open the door?
Also, I do not yet have the CarPlay update.

Perhaps you assumed one would not use the wall switch to open the garage door in order to leave the house?

Where did you get the instructions for Homelink set up?

Thank you
These instructions are great! Until my screen stated I have to press the learn button on the ceiling unit which requires getting out a ladder as well as getting my car out of the way. I wish it were as easy as the YouTube appears.

These instructions are great! Until my screen stated I have to press the learn button on the ceiling unit which requires getting out a ladder as well as getting my car out of the way. I wish it were as easy as the YouTube appears.
Some newer openers have the "learn" button on their wall switch, rather than up on the opener.

Homelink works great now on our Lucid, very easy to set up and has performed flawlessly. The only thing I would add, is it would be great to have an option to AutoOpen or AutoClose or arrival or departure. Maybe in an update...

Some newer openers have the "learn" button on their wall switch, rather than up on the opener.
Thank you. That is a great suggestion, I will take a look at the wall unit.

Homelink works great now on our Lucid, very easy to set up and has performed flawlessly. The only thing I would add, is it would be great to have an option to AutoOpen or AutoClose or arrival or departure. Maybe in an update...
Thank you

Where did you get the instructions for Homelink set up?
The setup procedure walks you through the steps to set up homelink. You have to repeat the setup for all additional driver profiles.

It’s *fine*
wait, I can just say “hey Siri, open garage door” and it will open?

Back