Advice please for used AGT

little terri

I am a prospective pre owned AGT owner. I visited the dealer last week to purchase 2022 AGT, and it was just moments before signing the contract when a 'Drive system default warning' appeared. This made me cancel the agreement. Although the used car dealer assured me that there was a warranty and it shouldn't be a problem, I felt uneasy and decided to terminate the contract. The used car had around 6000 miles on it, but I have no way of knowing its service history.

Also, I am considering another used 2022 AGT that has had two previous owners and has been driven for around 2000 miles. I'm concerned whether this car might have numerous issues because of its multiple owners. Additionally, there are no service records available on Carfax, and I'm unsure how to determine its service history.

What are your thoughts on this? The price of both of them is $100K.

I am a prospective pre owned AGT owner. I visited the dealer last week to purchase 2022 AGT, and it was just moments before signing the contract when a 'Drive system default warning' appeared. This made me cancel the agreement. Although the used car dealer assured me that there was a warranty and it shouldn't be a problem, I felt uneasy and decided to terminate the contract. The used car had around 6000 miles on it, but I have no way of knowing its service history.

Also, I am considering another used 2022 AGT that has had two previous owners and has been driven for around 2000 miles. I'm concerned whether this car might have numerous issues because of its multiple owners. Additionally, there are no service records available on Carfax, and I'm unsure how to determine its service history.

Have the current owner reach out to Lucid directly and ask for the service history. If they aren't willing, then walk away.

I called Lucid service center and they told me that they can not provide the previous owners service history for the security reason. It means that the car is currently owned by the dealer and only Lucid can provide the service history for the dealer taken.

When spending 100k on a vehicle, it might be prudent just to buy new. Thats why I stopped buying used vehicles, you never know what you are really getting. I thought aout a used Air GT but pulled the trigger on a new Air Touring- more space in the back seat and mine is a brand new car and have no doubts about the service history. Never had massaging seats and will probably never use them anyway, so Air GT is not necessary for me.

I called Lucid service center and they told me that they can not provide the previous owners service history for the security reason. It means that the car is currently owned by the dealer and only Lucid can provide the service history for the dealer taken.
Yeah, you'd want the dealer (as current owner) to get the information from Lucid and share (in writing) with you. Regardless, with the drive fault, you know that you'll likely need some immediate service on the car, and though the outcome after being serviced will likely be great, there is that time where you own a car that is sitting in the shop being serviced. Tell the dealer to get it serviced and provide you with a full service history on the car, then you'll be able to continue the purchase discussion. Or if the situation makes you at all uncomfortable, best to walk away.
Personally, having experience with the Air Touring and with the information I've gleaned from this forum, I'd be more than willing to consider a used AGT for a good price. But like you, I'd be wary of having no service history plus a drive fault indication on a car being sold by a used car salesman.

When spending 100k on a vehicle, it might be prudent just to buy new. Thats why I stopped buying used vehicles, you never know what you are really getting. I thought aout a used Air GT but pulled the trigger on a new Air Touring- more space in the back seat and mine is a brand new car and have no doubts about the service history. Never had massaging seats and will probably never use them anyway, so Air GT is not necessary for me.
I would probably get a used grand touring. It’s not just massaging seats… It’s another 200hp, interior upgrades, larger battery, etc.

1. They are Chry** auto dealer. They surely have their own repair shop and the sales person immediately brought the car to their service center and wanted to reset the warning. They assumed that Drive system default warning is not a serious problem. They even insisted that I could drive to my home ( distance is around 100 miles). Their general manager drove the car for 200 miles and he said that the car was a good condition.

2. The second dealer is Niss ** auto dealer. When I asked them the service history of AGT, they told me that they are reputable auto dealers and they inspected the vehicle. They do not risk their reputation for selling problematic cars. I also asked about for the second owner and they said that they decided they would like the PLAID model X Tesla for more room.

+1 on a used Grand Touring. That extra 100 miles of range, massaging seats, and the promise of Dream Drive Pro.

I would probably get a used grand touring. It’s not just massaging seats… It’s another 200hp, interior upgrades, larger battery, etc.
+1 on a used Grand Touring. That extra 100 miles of range, massaging seats, and the promise of Dream Drive Pro.

: I couldn't agree more. Also surreal surround audio. That's the reason I want used AGT, but I do not want the turtle car..

My $0.02, having bought a used GT in April:

If the car is showing any kind of fault or warning, the dealer should get Lucid to fix it before offering the car for sale. Not doing so is just shady. Lucid's warranty service is excellent so it shouldn't be an issue for them to do so. But I wouldn't buy a (near) six-figure car showing a drive system fault.

Other factors to weigh:
- Build date (from the driver's side A-pillar door jamb). Later is, anecdotally, better.
- In-service date (from the carfax). Later is objectively better in terms of warranty length.
- Mileage vs number of owners. The second car was likely 'flipped' and / or bought by someone who didn't like v1 of the software. How much will an extra owner vs an extra 4,000 miles affect the value of the car when / if you come to sell it? How long do you plan on keeping it, and how quickly will you rack up the miles?
- 19" vs 21" wheels
- Interior and exterior colour

A caveat on DDP and SSP: It's possible, with a later GT, that DreamDrive Pro and SurrealSound Pro might only be included as a trial. The only person who can verify this is the current owner. All GTs included both packages for a time, but earlier this year Lucid started offering them without in order to reduce the up-front cost. You can read chapter and verse on this here on the forum. Regardless, I would recommend geting it in writing from the selling dealer (no, the Monroney is not good enough) that the car includes both DDP and SSP, if having these is important to you.

Good luck!

I had similar concerns before getting my AGT and wavered more than once with the dealer. At the end of the day, I just wanted to make sure that the warranty transfers over so if there are unknown issues, I can take it to Lucid to get them resolved. It does take a few days for the ownership to transfer, but after that, the Lucid service and support have been stellar. They even helped expedite the transfer and have treated me and the car as if I bought it from them. That was a hard concept to grasp for me as the local dealers here have different service levels depending on whether you bought the car from them or not.

The Lucid warranty put my mind at ease to move forward and I have been loving it ever since. I am also lucky enough to have a Lucid Service Center in the area. Traditional dealers don't know much about the car and I certainly wouldn't want them messing around with setting or resetting anything. Heck, I had to fight with the dealer to get the card key as they didn't know it even existed.

Having said that there are other posts here on the Drive System warning and I think it may warrant a visit to a Lucid SC. Which you will not be able to schedule until ownership transfer.

Just had a quick look at Cargurus. If these are the two cars I think they are:
- Not keen on the wrap or aftermarket wheels on the white car. Others might like it, but the Quantum Gray / Tahoe car is much more my cup of tea.
- The one at the Chrysler dealership has been there for a loooooong time. Not quite half a year, but nearly. Should make them pretty open to negotiation.

Looking at what's out there right now, if you don't mind a road trip home there's a couple in the Midwest you might look at, and a black one for sale privately in CA.

I am having a dispute over buying a car because my husband wants to purchase a problematic car to endure the struggles, while I desire a Lucid. Instead, my husband prefers a lower version of Taycan, EQS, or e-tron GT over the Lucid. Hence, we are currently in disagreement .....

My nearest service center is Costa Mesa, CA. 100 miles from home..

I am having a dispute over buying a car because my husband wants to purchase a problematic car to endure the struggles, while I desire a Lucid. Instead, my husband prefers a lower version of Taycan, EQS, or e-tron GT over the Lucid. Hence, we are currently in disagreement .....

Are you located in San Diego?

I got drive system warning 12/23/2023. My agt was delivered brand new oct 2022. SC said this warning was serious and asked me to bring it in. They had to replace the HV battery. Took four weeks wait to get it in and about three weeks to replace. They gladly did this. Id ask the dealer to bring it to lucid, not the dealer shop, for a full diagnostic, and for you to see the diagnostics report and for it to be repaired before you buy. If you buy the car, lucid will happily do diagnostics and repairs on warranty, but it feels unsettling that your dealer hasnt already done so or is reluctant spending the time/money doing so and thus you should ask for a lower price.

Yes, I am in Poway, in San Diego.
If the car is in San Diego, perhaps Frank, our fantastic mobile service tech, could take the van over there and do a full diagnostic for you.

Do your own diagnostics spend 45 minutes driving the car at high and low speeds. There is warranty. If it doesn’t break down in your 45 minute drive then probably it won’t breaks down.
Check interior and exterior items.
Do all your checks , make sure car fax is clean try to negotiate down to 95k

I got mine for 100k for 4k mikes the Lucidnaire GT

Thank you for all sincere advice.
I contacted with dealers again and asked them to provide the service history from Lucid and they refused all...

Thank you for all sincere advice.
I contacted with dealers again and asked them to provide the service history from Lucid and they refused all...
Something is definitely wrong then. Could you provide the price that they are offering it for?

Back