Is Homelink worth using? Your opinions please.

I'm a dork about home automation, so if you use Siri and have a garage opener that's on your WiFi, then you can get Homebridge setup (I use HOOBS) to run MyQ Homebridge (MyQ is the app Chamberlain openers use), and then you can just say "Hey Siri open garage door" or "Hey Siri close garage door" and it will work, then you're not looking for any buttons or backing out of your backup camera.
Same! I actually have a bunch of things tied to "I'm leaving" and "I'm home". I just say it into my watch as I get close to home when I arrive or as I'm leaving and everything (lights, AC, door locks, cameras) just configures itself.

That being said, homelink has popped up every time and on the rare occasion that I do use it, it has worked flawlessly.

I don’t disagree that they could make it one tap instead of three. I agree one would be better.

I still do not think it warrants the amount of attention it gets on this forum, lol. I’ve never before complained about any car or application requiring me to do something with an extra two taps when it could be one.

Is it a super minor annoyance? Sure. Is it anywhere near my top 10 desires for features or bug fixes? Not even close; again, especially as it works… every single time.
Granted, not a huge thing. And it only detracts minimally from my enjoyment of the otherwise stunning car. It just seems strange that Lucid doesn't prioritize the fix of something that happens daily to nearly every driver.

SXM craps out at some point every day I drive the car. But I figured out a fix: switch to AM/FM for few seconds, then back to Sirius. It's a little annoying, but i understand this glitch probably affects a small number of us, and hence shouldn't be given priority. I see the Homelink thing differently

Yea, it’s a bit odd to see so many complaints about it when almost everything else about the car is just so damn perfect. I was acutely reminded about how absolutely superb this vehicle is after a beautiful 300 mile drive through the Tetons yesterday. Oh what paradise with the sweeping glass canopy , the massage seats, the sick efficiency , the smooth ride, the effortless acceleration, the ridiculous sound system., etc.

Yes, the Homelink could be improved and I am sure it eventually will. It’s just so minor , to me anyway. Focus on the intangibles, not an extra screen click.

I have been on auto forums for many years. One thing I have learned is that what is insignificant or unimportant to one person is critically important to another. Fortunately, there are lots of car companies out there so if one company, e.g., Lucid, doesn't accommodate a critical need, one can look elsewhere and, if another car, e.g., Tesla, doesn't meet a critical need, one can look at Lucid. We need to avoid determining what is important only through our own lens.

I would appreciate your opinions on whether or not I should go the trouble of pairing Homelink to my garage door opener? I am not reading positive reviews on previous discussions. I am currently using a remote device which works fine. It just adds bulk to my middle cubby.
Hi, I have two homes and I have paired Homelink to one garage (thanks to Frank the fabulous service tech) and I use a remote device on the other. I used the homelink for 4 months without a problem before driving north for the summer. I just haven't gotten around to linking up the other garage door.

Hi, I have two homes and I have paired Homelink to one garage (thanks to Frank the fabulous service tech) and I use a remote device on the other. I used the homelink for 4 months without a problem before driving north for the summer. I just haven't gotten around to linking up the other garage door.
I imagine you are in San Diego?

Homelink works great for me, I have 2 places too so I saved one as "home" and the other as "work". When I approach "home" the Homelink drop-down menu pops up and I can choose the garage door I want to click/open. It works great but just in case I keep the clickers in the glovebox.

I have never kept the clickers and Homelink has never failed me once. This conversation is more about the UI when backing out of the garage, Homelink is not immediately visible and takes a few extra clicks.

About once a week, pressing on one garage door’s icon would actually open the other garage door.
Not sure why or how. No other problem with Homelink.

I have been on auto forums for many years. One thing I have learned is that what is insignificant or unimportant to one person is critically important to another. Fortunately, there are lots of car companies out there so if one company, e.g., Lucid, doesn't accommodate a critical need, one can look elsewhere and, if another car, e.g., Tesla, doesn't meet a critical need, one can look at Lucid. We need to avoid determining what is important only through our own lens.

Yes, that makes sense. I understand people have different priorities, and certain things that may be quite important to them as an individual. I just don’t quite get it in this case, but that’s the beauty of being human, we are all very very unique.

I have never kept the clickers and Homelink has never failed me once. This conversation is more about the UI when backing out of the garage, Homelink is not immediately visible and takes a few extra clicks.
Ex-Actly

I would appreciate your opinions on whether or not I should go the trouble of pairing Homelink to my garage door opener? I am not reading positive reviews on previous discussions. I am currently using a remote device which works fine. It just adds bulk to my middle cubby.
I use to use the remote, but the homelink works fine. The only issue, and it's not a problem, is that you need to close out the backup camera to active the home screen and then the homelink signal. So it does take three touches, but then I don't need to find storage for the remote. As for the signal, it work fine for me.

Back