Is Homelink worth using? Your opinions please.

Homelink works great and I have not had it fail once. I know people have issues using it while backing up , but it’s really not a big deal ( in my opinion ) to click out of the camera and then use home link to close garage.

Homelink works great and I have not had it fail once. I know people have issues using it while backing up , but it’s really not a big deal ( in my opinion ) to click out of the camera and then use home link to close garage.
Agree. Could it be better? Yes. Is it a big deal? No.

PIA setting it up but works great. Interface could be better. do not use home button go to iocon top of screen. Home initiates then avigation map to home an you still have to indicate want to close garage door (or whatever)

I'm a dork about home automation, so if you use Siri and have a garage opener that's on your WiFi, then you can get Homebridge setup (I use HOOBS) to run MyQ Homebridge (MyQ is the app Chamberlain openers use), and then you can just say "Hey Siri open garage door" or "Hey Siri close garage door" and it will work, then you're not looking for any buttons or backing out of your backup camera.

I'm a dork about home automation, so if you use Siri and have a garage opener that's on your WiFi, then you can get Homebridge setup (I use HOOBS) to run MyQ Homebridge (MyQ is the app Chamberlain openers use), and then you can just say "Hey Siri open garage door" or "Hey Siri close garage door" and it will work, then you're not looking for any buttons or backing out of your backup camera.
Same.

The UI is still an issue so I use the remote that came with the door opener. Physical buttons on the sun visor or mirror in our other cars are a lot easier to use, for me, and I don't want to have to talk to my car to get the garage door open.

Just my opinion.

When I pull out of the garage after using homelink to open the garage door, the 360 camera shows up. To close the garage, I have to close the 360 camera or put the car in park and then choose homelink to close the garage door. I use Andrroid and Google Assistant will no longer work with Lucid and it was not working when I tried. I can use an app on my phone to open or close my gargage door or just use an extra remote for $15. That is what I decided to do since my new car to come (Fisker Ocean Extreme) does not support homelink anyway.

The UI is still an issue so I use the remote that came with the door opener. Physical buttons on the sun visor or mirror in our other cars are a lot easier to use, for me, and I don't want to have to talk to my car to get the garage door open.

Just my opinion.
Like @Bunnylebowski, I also use Siri to close mine, but I agree that the UI on this is lacking. I am shocked it hasn’t been fixed yet. Just put the Homelink stuff on the pilot panel or the left panel and make it operate automatically with geofencing.

Come on Lucid… Step up to the plate and fix some of these UI issues. The wishlist and bug list generated from the users of this forum (and aggregated at http://www.lucidupdates.com) really should be your roadmap. Your owners are speaking… Please listen!

When I pull out of the garage after using homelink to open the garage door, the 360 camera shows up. To close the garage, I have to close the 360 camera or put the car in park and then choose homelink to close the garage door. I use Andrroid and Google Assistant will no longer work with Lucid and it was not working when I tried. I can use an app on my phone to open or close my gargage door or just use an extra remote for $15. That is what I decided to do since my new car to come (Fisker Ocean Extreme) does not support homelink anyway.
I have never had an issue with homelink…my screen button to open shows up when I get near home…when I leave garage after backing out on street…before leaving street I close garage…it isn’t a big deal to me.

I have never had an issue with homelink…my screen button to open shows up when I get near home…when I leave garage after backing out on street…before leaving street I close garage…it isn’t a big deal to me.
I never thought to try Homelink after backing out of the driveway & putting the car in drive on the street and I'm going to give this a shot...although my driveway may be too long for the signal.

I honestly cannot fathom why people are so upset about the Homelink UI. I use it daily, and it is really not a big deal to just close the cameras and hit the button. I just pull out of my garage using the cameras, then close them and hit homelink.

It is so not a big deal.

Would it be cool if it were on a different screen? Sure. But the level of complaints on this forum for a feature that works extremely well but requires an extra tap is absurd imho.

I honestly cannot fathom why people are so upset about the Homelink UI. I use it daily, and it is really not a big deal to just close the cameras and hit the button. I just pull out of my garage using the cameras, then close them and hit homelink.

It is so not a big deal.

Would it be cool if it were on a different screen? Sure. But the level of complaints on this forum for a feature that works extremely well but requires an extra tap is absurd imho.
I think a lot of the agita must be coming from former Tesla owners - the Tesla implementation of geofencing and auto open/close options is pretty slick. But I found the transition to Lucia’s Homelink pretty painless, and actually it seems that the communication between car and opener is a bit more dependable.

I think a lot of the agita must be coming from former Tesla owners - the Tesla implementation of geofencing and auto open/close options is pretty slick. But I found the transition to Lucia’s Homelink pretty painless, and actually it seems that the communication between car and opener is a bit more dependable.
Sure - I agree the Tesla implementation is better. I enjoyed that aspect of my Model 3 rental; better yet, it didn't even need Homelink, as it integrated directly with MyQ.

But the Lucid implementation is *fine*. Better yet, it works every time I push the button. I just cannot be bothered to write that many posts about having to tap once or twice more than normal. 🤷‍♂️

It is so not a big deal.

Yea, it’s a bit odd to see so many complaints about it when almost everything else about the car is just so damn perfect. I was acutely reminded about how absolutely superb this vehicle is after a beautiful 300 mile drive through the Tetons yesterday. Oh what paradise with the sweeping glass canopy , the massage seats, the sick efficiency , the smooth ride, the effortless acceleration, the ridiculous sound system., etc.

Yes, the Homelink could be improved and I am sure it eventually will. It’s just so minor , to me anyway. Focus on the intangibles, not an extra screen click.

Like @Bunnylebowski, I also use Siri to close mine, but I agree that the UI on this is lacking. I am shocked it hasn’t been fixed yet. Just put the Homelink stuff on the pilot panel or the left panel and make it operate automatically with geofencing.

Come on Lucid… Step up to the plate and fix some of these UI issues. The wishlist and bug list generated from the users of this forum (and aggregated at http://www.lucidupdates.com) really should be your roadmap. Your owners are speaking… Please listen!
Totally agree...and it's something that reminds every owner every day that L is lagging behind on a simple convenience that' s taken for granted by everyone

It is so not a big deal.

I have to 1) close out the camera, 2) touch the Homelink icon, 3) touch the close button (named "home").

The open button (home) just appears when I pull in the driveway---why can't it similarly appear when I exit the garage ?

I think the arrival experience is so good it make the departure doubly annoying

It is so not a big deal.

Would it be cool if it were on a different screen? Sure. But the level of complaints on this forum for a feature that works extremely well but requires an extra tap is absurd imho
My driveway is longer so I have an extra step where I back out of my garage, close backup camera, press homelink, turn backup camera back on & reverse out...primarily due to the signal not being in range at the end 9f my drive. This one extra step of turning the backup camera back on after turning it off every time may seem little but it's mega annoying to me to do over and over every day. It's just bad design & I think people are definitely justified in complaining about it.

It is so not a big deal.

I have to agree here and while any and all ideas should be encouraged in this community, I also cannot fathom why this one rises to the level it does.

Yes, it's kind of / sort of annoying.

No, it's not near the top of my list of things I hope Lucid is focusing on, for example Android Auto would be nice for the rest of us. Much bigger inconvenience and safety issue looking down at my phone for visual directions/upcoming turn lanes, etc.

I can deal with backing out of my garage, and one click to close camera view to close the garage.

I have to 1) close out the camera, 2) touch the Homelink icon, 3) touch the close button (named "home").

The open button (home) just appears when I pull in the driveway---why can't it similarly appear when I exit the garage ?

I think the arrival experience is so good it make the departure doubly annoying
I don’t disagree that they could make it one tap instead of three. I agree one would be better.

I still do not think it warrants the amount of attention it gets on this forum, lol. I’ve never before complained about any car or application requiring me to do something with an extra two taps when it could be one.

Is it a super minor annoyance? Sure. Is it anywhere near my top 10 desires for features or bug fixes? Not even close; again, especially as it works… every single time.

User interface.

Correct. Some people walk into their garage and like to use the car to open the door rather than a wall switch. Just pointing it out as an option.
I do in the AM because my garage faces east and I am in the middle of my cataract treatment cycle so I am trying to avoid getting direct sunlight in my eyes. I keep my driving sunglasses in the car so it is easiest to just get in the car, put on my sunglasses, start it, and then open the garage door.

But this is transitory and I will later go back to using the button on the wall as I enter the garage.

Back