Is Homelink worth using? Your opinions please.

I would appreciate your opinions on whether or not I should go the trouble of pairing Homelink to my garage door opener? I am not reading positive reviews on previous discussions. I am currently using a remote device which works fine. It just adds bulk to my middle cubby.
Not worth it until Lucid fixes the UI.

In my opinion, yes. I use it all the time, although I’ll admit since I have CarPlay I ask Siri to handle it for me 95% of the time now.

I don’t find the UI that frustrating, thought it could definitely be streamlined. Pulling out of the garage it’s a single tap on the icon and then the door to open it. If you’ve gone into reverse already you’ll need to kill the top camera, open the garage, then tap the bottom right of the pilot panel to bring up the cameras again. (Or go into park and reverse again, either way)

Pulling into the garage it will pop up as it is geolocated and then you can just tap it.

It’s *fine*
Where did you go? A few of us have follow up questions we would like answered.

I would appreciate your opinions on whether or not I should go the trouble of pairing Homelink to my garage door opener? I am not reading positive reviews on previous discussions. I am currently using a remote device which works fine. It just adds bulk to my middle cubby.
Yes, it works amazing every time! The only thing I’ve seen people complain about is after they back out of their garage it doesn’t pop up automatically. All you have to do is put it in park after you back out and hit Homelink, then garage, and it closes. Super easy.

Yes, it works amazing every time! The only thing I’ve seen people complain about is after they back out of their garage it doesn’t pop up automatically. All you have to do is put it in park after you back out and hit Homelink, then garage, and it closes. Super easy.
Or not put it in park and just close the camera. If you need to reopen the camera after closing the door, then close the surround too and open the parking camera from the pilot panel.

Or maybe back in to the garage and don't worry about the cameras when pulling out?

Or not put it in park and just close the camera. If you need to reopen the camera after closing the door, then close the surround too and open the parking camera from the pilot panel.

Or maybe back in to the garage and don't worry about the cameras when pulling out?
It’s less taps the way I do it ;)

I just set mine up today and it worked like a charm. It doesn’t seem to have any issues but it’s easy to use.

Only if you need the cameras again. I close it and keep going backwards using the surround view. Helps to have a big parking pad without many obstacles😁
Damn, must be nice Mr. Fancy pants

Thank you for your input on this topic

Thank you for your reply. I find your second paragraph very confusing. Pulling out of the garage…..why would I have to open the door?
Would you like to choose the garage after you back out of it? If so, there's an extra step, as your rear camera is on since you're in reverse.

You need to turn off the camera since it's eclipsing the right cockpit panel, where homelink is located.

It's not a big deal but @borski was just pointing it out since you asked about the experience.

User interface.

Thank you for your reply. I find your second paragraph very confusing. Pulling out of the garage…..why would I have to open the door?
Perhaps you assumed one would not use the wall switch to open the garage door in order to leave the house?
Correct. Some people walk into their garage and like to use the car to open the door rather than a wall switch. Just pointing it out as an option.

Would you like to choose the garage after you back out of it? If so, there's an extra step, as your rear camera is on since you're in reverse.

You need to turn off the camera since it's eclipsing the right cockpit panel, where homelink is located.

It's not a big deal but @borski was just pointing it out since you asked about the experience.
Thank you

User interface.

Correct. Some people walk into their garage and like to use the car to open the door rather than a wall switch. Just pointing it out as an option.
Thank you.

You don’t have a learn button near the community gate so that would be a reason, maybe?
That is exactly the reason why it does not work for my community gate. Wish it did have a learn button.

I have it on my garage - works great. Better than my garage remote.

Back