FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

The issue isn't paying an extra $10. This cascaded from a simple comment letting people know that the price is $10 higher. Nobody would object to them making it $10 more expensive and not adding a shipping charge, meaning that the price would be the same.
Please. Stop.

The issue isn't paying an extra $10. This cascaded from a simple comment letting people know that the price is $10 higher. Nobody would object to them making it $10 more expensive and not adding a shipping charge, meaning that the price would be the same.
Taxes would be calculated off the $135 instead of the $125 + $10 shipping. back to RangeXchange! I can't wait to try this out on someone...for God's sake would someone run out of juice in front of my house so I'm not inconvenienced to test this!

They could probably just sell the adapter for $135 and no one would bat an eye.
I bought it expecting just the adapter. It's actually a good strategy on Lucid's part not to mention giving the bundle to people whose current one won't support bidirectional charging. They are selling just the adapter for that price, at least officially. If somebody orders it whose equipment can already support the adapter, they'd have no basis to complain about not getting the entire bundle. Whether or not $135 is a good price is another question. I bought it at that price, but considering that the cable contains components similar to what other cables or adapters come with, it's not objectively worth that price. It's a matter of it being a relatively low volume item.

So, if I'm reading other electrical threads correctly, in order for me to complete my collection and be sure I have what I need in order to charge at any friend's garage, or an AirBnB or something, should I get the NEMA 14-30 Charging Adapter offered on Lucid's site as well? Is the 14-30 more common than the 14-50?

Now that I have the RangeXchange, I just want to be as prepared as possible for whatever plug I encounter when away from home.

Taxes would be calculated off the $135 instead of the $125 + $10 shipping. back to RangeXchange! I can't wait to try this out on someone...for God's sake would someone run out of juice in front of my house so I'm not inconvenienced to test this!

I don't know how many states would do that. There are probably still some states that wouldn't collect sales tax on the total, but California isn't one of them.

So, if I'm reading other electrical threads correctly, in order for me to complete my collection and be sure I have what I need in order to charge at any friend's garage, or an AirBnB or something, should I get the NEMA 14-30 Charging Adapter offered on Lucid's site as well? Is the 14-30 more common than the 14-50?

Now that I have the RangeXchange, I just want to be as prepared as possible for whatever plug I encounter when away from home.
Yes, 14-30 connector off Lucid's site. I'm sure the 14-50 is more common, but I'd rather be prepared for everything! and it's this community's fault for this.

A 14-30 is more common since more people have clothes dryers than EVs. Prior to around 1994, it was still legal to install an NEMA 10-30. There are also less common types of outlets that Lucid isn't showing adapters for. You might not be likely to run into one, but if Lucid had the adapters, it might make it easier for some owners. If it's a Tesla owner, they might have a different outlet for their EV.

Ordered. Thanks, everyone!

Shows OOS again

I finally had a chance to use the V2V chord. My son has a 2022 Bolt EUV with a 68 kwh battery. I plugged in the chord to my Lucid which had 98% SOC and charged his car. Worked perfect. The Bolt was getting 9.6 kwh charging (or 40 amp).

The one thing I noticed is that my car state of charge went from 98% to 71% before we stopped it. The Bolt increased 27% soc during that time. That is about 18 kwh of charge as my Lucid lost 24 kwh. Or about a 23% loss on transfer.

Anyway, I think this is a great emergency accessory to have for emergencies.

The one thing I noticed is that my car state of charge went from 98% to 71% before we stopped it. The Bolt increased 27% soc during that time. That is about 18 kwh of charge as my Lucid lost 24 kwh. Or about a 23% loss on transfer.

I was going to ask about the transfer losses. Is this consistently what others are getting as well?

I finally had a chance to use the V2V chord. My son has a 2022 Bolt EUV with a 68 kwh battery. I plugged in the chord to my Lucid which had 98% SOC and charged his car. Worked perfect. The Bolt was getting 9.6 kwh charging (or 40 amp).

Anyway, I think this is a great emergency accessory to have for emergencies.
Typically AC charging losses are in the 10% to 15% range. In V2V you have losses on both sides, both the donor and receiving cars. 23% seems about right.

I got mine yesterday. (Actually, it came in several days ago, but I was out of town.)

I was impressed with the packaging. I wasn't sure it would fit in the same bag that goes into that little space in the trunk. The web site didn't really give an idea of the scale of the thing.
So, just to be clear, it DID fit in the bag we have in the trunk; right?
(I was wondering that myself .. of course, I haven't been able to order one as it's always out of stock when I try.. ugh)

So, just to be clear, it DID fit in the bag we have in the trunk; right?
(I was wondering that myself .. of course, I haven't been able to order one as it's always out of stock when I try.. ugh)
Yes but no. It comes with a whole new bag that fits in the same spot in the trunk. Its everything you already have plus the extra chord to connect to the Lucid.

Back