FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

Thanks. Two more questions.... 😂😉🤣

1) Will the new RangeXchange bag fit in the old travel charger spot with all the cables and connectors? 110, 14-30, 14-50, cable, and both J-1772's? No Tesla thingy for me yet.

2) If not, where do you keep your RangeXchange bag -- lower trunk? Frunk?
Yes it fits

1) Will the new RangeXchange bag fit in the old travel charger spot with all the cables and connectors? 110, 14-30, 14-50, cable, and both J-1772's? No Tesla thingy for me yet.

Same bag. Same size.

Just so I'm clear, the RangeXchange travel charger will replace the travel charger that came with our cars? Do we need to return the old one back to Lucid?
Yes. No.

No, it is not a replacement of your existing portable connector.
Yes, it is.

Do not return the old one back to Lucid. You still need it.
You could do whatever you want with the old one, lol - it is replaced by the RangeXchange.

I gave my old cable to my wife for her Ioniq.

Donor socket (car1) -> RangeXchange -> existing portable connector -> Receiver socket (car2).

RangeXchange is a component just like a 120V, Nema 14-15, dryer plug... that plugs into your existing portable connector.
Correct, except that it doesn’t use your existing charging cable.

Yes.

Objection; asked and answered.

Just so I'm clear, the RangeXchange travel charger will replace the travel charger that came with our cars? Do we need to return the old one back to Lucid?

As long as Lucid says that it is fit for a particular purpose, they really have no choice but to send you the whole package, unless they tell you before you purchase it that a trade in is required, so I wouldn't expect any surprises. I don't know how many people had compatible equipment prior to this going on sale, or if indeed anybody got a car with compatible equipment at this stage., and if they did, whether they'd get something different. But I could see somebody with compatible equipment feeling cheated by getting less for the same money. Nevertheless, Lucid is advertising the connector only, so nobody could claim that Lucid sent anything less than was offered if they send only the cable in the future to customers who don't need new compatible equipment for it to work. And they could, at some point in the future, say that it requires equipment with the logo. If they asked for a trade in in the future, it wouldn't be unreasonable, but then Lucid would have to decide what to do with the returned units. They could be used for warranty exchanges, assuming they are undamaged, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

What surprises me is that Lucid doesn't offer the kit by itself without the RangeXchange connector in the online store. I could see people wanting an extra, if they use one at home and feel that the dedicated one is overkill.

As long as Lucid says that it is fit for a particular purpose, they really have no choice but to send you the whole package, unless they tell you before you purchase it that a trade in is required, so I wouldn't expect any surprises. I don't know how many people had compatible equipment prior to this going on sale, or if indeed anybody got a car with compatible equipment at this stage., and if they did, whether they'd get something different. But I could see somebody with compatible equipment feeling cheated by getting less for the same money. Nevertheless, Lucid is advertising the connector only, so nobody could claim that Lucid sent anything less than was offered if they send only the cable in the future to customers who don't need new compatible equipment for it to work. And they could, at some point in the future, say that it requires equipment with the logo. If they asked for a trade in in the future, it wouldn't be unreasonable, but then Lucid would have to decide what to do with the returned units. They could be used for warranty exchanges, assuming they are undamaged, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

What surprises me is that Lucid doesn't offer the kit by itself without the RangeXchange connector in the online store. I could see people wanting an extra, if they use one at home and feel that the dedicated one is overkill.
That gives me a great idea. I’m going to sell my original one!

yes, I was not expecting a whole new mobile charger, I now have three. with our 2 EVs and two home charging stations. Will likely just keep the spare as they will likely not be provided with new cars and I can just give one to my kids with their future EVs.

Looks like Tesla may be releasing something similar to Lucid. No details on how it will be achieved have been released nor an adapter to connect directly to NASC port

Looks like Tesla may be releasing something similar to Lucid. No details on how it will be achieved have been released nor an adapter to connect directly to NASC port

Interesting - it's hard to see how this is different from their regular mobile connector.

Interesting - it's hard to see how this is different from their regular mobile connector.
Currently doesn't look different at all. Perhaps an adapter will come out later to support the feature. Similar to what Lucid offers (but currently requires update of the originally shipped mobile connectors)

Quick update, even though I was able to sneak an order in after they went out of stock, turns out they really are out of stock, since i didn't get a shipping update after a month, i reached out to support and they said they the next batch will be available in early March.

Any one able to grab a Range Xchange cable recently. I have been watching it for last three weeks and OOS didnt change ☹️

Any one able to grab a Range Xchange cable recently. I have been watching it for last three weeks and OOS didnt change ☹️
Lol Lucid cancelled my order. They said they will not have anything until the new batch in March

Same here. Been looking. Always out of stock.

Any update in the stock? Did anyone hear anything on this yet?

Any update in the stock? Did anyone hear anything on this yet?
Since my wife's ioniq 5 came with free charge point flex, I left the old Lucid Mobile charger connected to the outlet in my house to be able to charge 2 cars at the same time and kept the RangeXChange in Lucid.

Checked yesterday. Not in stock. Annoying that availability isn't visible on the product listing page on the website.

Checked yesterday. Not in stock. Annoying that availability isn't visible on the product listing page on the website.
Yes, have been months looking for this ☹️.

Back