FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

Am I one of the few not buying this thing? Don't really feel like it need it...
I don’t feel like I need it. I feel like if I don’t have it somebody else will end up needing it. I do drive to remote places to hike with other people regularly, and I’m not the only one with an EV.
I always carry an XP-10 jump starter, even in my Air. Not because I need it, but because if I didn’t, somebody else would end up needing it. Or so the superstition tells me.

When it’s back in stock, I’m just gonna order the shipping, no product, just shipping.
How much will shipping be on the shipping, I wonder?

So, just to be clear, it DID fit in the bag we have in the trunk; right?...
You can also still fit the 14-30 adapter cord in the same bag.

In using the feature, would be good to allow you to adjust RxC limits and start the session vs having to go to the pilot panel. Just a nit, but would be a good improvement.

My use case is only in the event of power outage use v2l in ioniq 5 and go charge lucid and charge ioniq with lucid. I actually need to test the 120v 2kw outlet inside ioniq while charging ioniq.

My use case is only in the event of power outage use v2l in ioniq 5 and go charge lucid and charge ioniq with lucid. I actually need to test the 120v 2kw outlet inside ioniq while charging ioniq.
That's assuming your local charging station also has power. If not, then you're SOL.

That's assuming your local charging station also has power. If not, then you're SOL.
Nah, just that a local one has power. That's the benefit of the long Lucid range. :)

I’m laughing. People here have paid anywhere from $75,000-$150,000 or more on the car and we have multiple pages on a $10 shipping charge for a device that’s a bargain to begin with. OY!
Oh, you must be "new" here! Have you seen the Tidal thread? 🤣🤣🤣

Taxes would be calculated off the $135 instead of the $125 + $10 shipping. back to RangeXchange! I can't wait to try this out on someone...for God's sake would someone run out of juice in front of my house so I'm not inconvenienced to test this!
Done as soon as I move to Pasadena. The only thing tho, are we gonna use your RangexChange cable or mine? 😂

Just so I'm clear, the RangeXchange travel charger will replace the travel charger that came with our cars? Do we need to return the old one back to Lucid?

Just so I'm clear, the RangeXchange travel charger will replace the travel charger that came with our cars? Do we need to return the old one back to Lucid?
No, it is not a replacement of your existing portable connector.

Do not return the old one back to Lucid. You still need it.

Donor socket (car1) -> RangeXchange -> existing portable connector -> Receiver socket (car2).

RangeXchange is a component just like a 120V, Nema 14-15, dryer plug... that plugs into your existing portable connector.

No, it is not a replacement of your existing portable connector.

Do not return the old one back to Lucid. You still need it.

Donor socket (car1) -> RangeXchange -> existing portable connector -> Receiver socket (car2).

RangeXchange is a component just like a 120V, Nema 14-15, dryer plug... that plugs into your existing portable connector.
Thanks.

Well, you don’t need the old one. The rangeXchange (at least so far for everyone) comes with an entirely new portable charger. This only because the original ones shipping with early cars can’t do V2V. So Lucid is replacing the old kit altogether, along with providing the new adapter.

I imagine for newer owners they may just ship the adapter. No one has reported that yet. But your early Touring definitely came with the old kit.

You don’t need to return your old kit. Just keep it as a spare in the garage or something. It can’t do V2V, but it can still charge the car from a socket just fine.

Well, you don’t need the old one. The rangeXchange (at least so far for everyone) comes with an entirely new portable charger. This only because the original ones shipping with early cars can’t do V2V. So Lucid is replacing the old kit altogether, along with providing the new adapter.

I imagine for newer owners they may just ship the adapter. No one has reported that yet. But your early Touring definitely came with the old kit.

You don’t need to return your old kit. Just keep it as a spare in the garage or something. It can’t do V2V, but it can still charge the car from a socket just fine.
Thanks. Two more questions.... 😂😉🤣

1) Will the new RangeXchange bag fit in the old travel charger spot with all the cables and connectors? 110, 14-30, 14-50, cable, and both J-1772's? No Tesla thingy for me yet.

2) If not, where do you keep your RangeXchange bag -- lower trunk? Frunk?

Back