install my lucid charger

flfy

Cars
lucid air pure
DE Number
While waiting for my delivery I purchased a Lucid charger. As recommended by Lucid, I went to Qmerit for the installation,. Charger – fine, Qmerit ??

Specifically, $149 to “join”, and a two week wait till they found an electrician. The electrician contacted me (the day he was contacted. This was a new contact for him, and he had never installed a Lucid charger), and came for the estimate which they could not give to me as it was to be sent to Qmerit who would contact me. I received the estimate from Qmerit and found out later Qmerit added $425 service charge to the electrician’s estimate which was not identified in the estimate Qmerit provided me.

After the installation they sent me an invoice that did not show any of these added charges, only a total charge. The invoice had methods of payment, credit card, wire, …., no address to send a check, and they failed to mention that if you use a credit card there is a $125 service charge. It was a lot of digging to find the additional charges. Is it me, or does anyone else have a problem here?

While waiting for my delivery I purchased a Lucid charger. As recommended by Lucid, I went to Qmerit for the installation,. Charger – fine, Qmerit ??

Specifically, $149 to “join”, and a two week wait till they found an electrician. The electrician contacted me (the day he was contacted. This was a new contact for him, and he had never installed a Lucid charger), and came for the estimate which they could not give to me as it was to be sent to Qmerit who would contact me. I received the estimate from Qmerit and found out later Qmerit added $425 service charge to the electrician’s estimate which was not identified in the estimate Qmerit provided me.

After the installation they sent me an invoice that did not show any of these added charges, only a total charge. The invoice had methods of payment, credit card, wire, …., no address to send a check, and they failed to mention that if you use a credit card there is a $125 service charge. It was a lot of digging to find the additional charges. Is it me, or does anyone else have a problem here?
I have not installed the Lucid Charger, since I already have plenty of chargers at home, but if I were to install one, I would pick my own electrician. I guess that is a bit late for you, but I’m sure I, and others, will keep your experience in mind when selecting a suitable electrical contractor. In general, I would recommend finding an electrical contractor or electrician who has installed a Tesla or similar charger. Qmerit sounds like they have no “merit” to speak of.

Yea yer fracked. Just bend over and take it.
The main thing is to get the sticker (code enforcement) that has some kind of cred when you sell your place.
Having a home charger will become as expected as having indoor plumbing.
Just do it. Home charging is the bomb.

You need a reason to fall in love with Lucid? Go to an EA charger near you and report back here.
pull up, check out the scene, and drive away without charging.
Look down your nose at a hybrid at a 350, turn your head in disgust at a Merc charging past 90.... overlook a Porsche Tycan like you would a discarded covid mask.

518 mi of range and Lucid charger in my garage: you can't touch this

We few.
We happy few.

your future self: " Thank you past self, for buying a Lucid and installing a home charger."

Yea yer fracked. Just bend over and take it.
The main thing is to get the sticker (code enforcement) that has some kind of cred when you sell your place.
Having a home charger will become as expected as having indoor plumbing.
Just do it. Home charging is the bomb.

You need a reason to fall in love with Lucid? Go to an EA charger near you and report back here.
pull up, check out the scene, and drive away without charging.
Look down your nose at a hybrid at a 350, turn your head in disgust at a Merc charging past 90.... overlook a Porsche Tycan like you would a discarded covid mask.

518 mi of range and Lucid charger in my garage: you can't touch this

We few.
We happy few.

your future self: " Thank you past self, for buying a Lucid and installing a home charger."
At this point, I’m using my old Tesla wall charger with a Tesla to J1772 adapter from Amazon (Lectron). Getting 1 mile/minute of range.

At this point, I’m using my old Tesla wall charger with a Tesla to J1772 adapter from Amazon (Lectron). Getting 1 mile/minute of range.
1 mi/min range would mean that your Tesla wall charger is set to 80A. Lectron does not make an 80A Tesla adapter. The highest they make is 48A. You need to be careful, since you are “overloading“ the Lectron adapter.

1 mi/min range would mean that your Tesla wall charger is set to 80A. Lectron does not make an 80A Tesla adapter. The highest they make is 48A. You need to be careful, since you are “overloading“ the Lectron adapter.
Thanks for this note. Inside the Tesla wall charger, there are a variety of positions for the dial. It’s currently set to 32A. Should I adjust it down to 20? My Tesla only ever got 40 miles of range per hour.

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpeg
    IMG_0877.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for this note. Inside the Tesla wall charger, there are a variety of positions for the dial. It’s currently set to 32A. Should I adjust it down to 20? My Tesla only ever got 40 miles of range per hour.
Your settings are fine as is. But on my Lucid charging at 80A though the Tesla wall charger and a Tesla tap mini, I get about 18kw charging and the Lucid says it's 1 mi/min. See attached photo.
IMG_2194.jpeg

@4givingGuy that is too good to be true, I think you hit a bug using the Tesla charger. I use a Chargepoint Home Flex with a 50A circuit, and I'm getting a max draw of 40A, with the Air reporting 39 miles per hour @ 9.7kw.

@4givingGuy that is too good to be true, I think you hit a bug using the Tesla charger. I use a Chargepoint Home Flex with a 50A circuit, and I'm getting a max draw of 40A, with the Air reporting 39 miles per hour @ 9.7kw.
OK. I went back and looked at the dial (very small letters/numbers), and found that it actually had been at 80A.

I am going to replace the Lectron with something that can handle 80A. I appreciate the heads up because it could’ve avoided a major problem.

Thank you!

Back