• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Installing the Lucid Home Charger

Sanathan

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Hello

I am getting the Lucid Charger installed in my Garage. The electrician said:
a) He will add a 100Amp breaker. Whole house Panel supports 200A.
b) He will run a #2 wire (of 35 feet) from the panel to a point in the Garage to install the charging station. This wire will run inside the drywall and not be in any external pipes.
c) He will adjust the dip switches on the Charger to select 80A and mount charging station on the Garage wall.

Once he installs it, I can start using the Charging cable that came with the Charger into it and charge daily.

Is there any thing else to be done in the installation? Are there any precautions I need to take?

Last edited:
You didn’t mention if the #2 wire is copper or aluminum. Depending on how detail oriented you are, you might want to get clarification. Copper is a better conductor.

You didn’t mention if the #2 wire is copper or aluminum. Depending on how detail oriented you are, you might want to get clarification. Copper is a better conductor.
Also, the LCHCS is only rated for copper wire, not aluminum.
Wifi setup can be tricky. Follow the instructions carefully. If the unit starts flashing orange, that's a firmware update in progress; don't turn power off.

Those who had installed LCHCS, is there any instructions page to know the list of settings available that we can change in LCHCS?

You cant set the charging times? whats the use of connecting to wifi then is it just to have the charger software up to date?

You cant set the charging times? whats the use of connecting to wifi then is it just to have the charger software up to date?
Correct on both counts, for now. You set the charging time in the car using its "scheduled charging" feature.

You can also get some stats from the web interface for the charger, but it’s pretty limited today.

Thank you. I will ask the Copper.

Back