Initial Thoughts

My android phone wants me to abort Lucid app all the time. Is it something wrong with my phone or the app?

My android phone wants me to abort Lucid app all the time. Is it something wrong with my phone or the app?
Happens on my Samsung Galaxy S22.

Just so people know and may have the same issue. Please take a look at this video of my car I just took. The stereo is playing Tidal Atmos at full volume (bass came back fromm my earlier post). The decibel is very, very low, and the just like any other day (WiFi or Cellular), the track keeps muting. Has anyone else measure the DB level in the car? I will still try the valet key reset tonight and see if it changes anything before I call for support.
After 1.2.7x OTA was installed, so far the stereo does not randomly cut off as often as it did previously and the bass has not turned off yet. However my stereo, based on what everyone else has said about it, is not performing as described. I did call Lucid Customer Service and they went through these issues and said that a tech would call me the next day. I called last Thursday and have yet to receive and email or call from a technician. I may call back later this afternoon.

I have heard many high end car stereo systems but none have come close to the sound provided by the Lucid when tuned in to a high quality Dolby Atmos recording such as those provided by Tidal. Eventually we will have Apple CarPlay which will allow streaming Apple Music which has a much larger library of Dolby Atmos recordings. HMP10 has both the Plaid and the Lucid Dream and I would be interested to hear what he has to say regarding the two stereo systems.
I have the Model X Plaid™ and the Lucid Air GT

Here's my semi-wanna-be-audiophile impression and the wife's non-audiophile impression of driving the cars back to back over the same road with the same song x4.

Lucid sound EQ at +4, +1, +2
While driving:
Lucid on Bluetooth - "Un Get" by Ozuna
Need to have volume at 70%+ to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - decent mids / highs sound
Minus - can't hear passenger talk at that volume, bass underwhelming

While driving:
Lucid on Tidal - "Un Get" by Ozuna
need to have volume at 60-70% to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - soundstage improved
Minus - can't hear passenger talk at that volume, and, no room to turn it up without it becoming uncomfortably loud / distorted

Tesla Model X Plaid™
While driving:
MXP on Bluetooth - "Un Get" by Ozuna
Need to have volume at 20%+ to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - crisp mids / highs sound
Minus - can hear passenger talk at that volume, plenty of room to turn it up PRN, doesn't distort

While driving:
MXP on Tidal - "Un Get" by Ozuna
need to have volume at 20% to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - soundstage vastly improved
Minus - can hear passenger talk at that volume, and, can THUMP if you really want to with no distortion

My impression:
I don't like listening to LOUD music just to get a satisfying bass response that makes me grin.
The Lucid Bluetooth has a better soundstage than the Tesla Bluetooth.
They have a very similar soundstage on Tidal if you select the correct settings in the Tesla, Tesla is brighter and thumps harder
The bass on the Tesla with Tidal is completely different.
The Lucid reminds me of listening to a pair of Paradigm Persona 9H speakers next to a pair of Wilson Benesch Endeavor 3Zero's... Paradigm's sound great if yu like listening to your music withe a big blanket over your speakers
The Tesla is more my style of bass / music.

Wife's impression:
On Bluetooth: "What's wrong with your car? Is the stereo broken still?"
On Tidal: "Wow, the Tesla sounds so bright, so much fuller, even at lower volume. I don't like it too loud..."
Conclusion: "I will just wear headphones when we take your car, it sounds cheap compared to the Tesla"

I am uncertain if my Lucid HAS a sub, as I can't hear anything under 90-100Hz without cranking this thing to the max and listening to the door speakers POP

Sorry if I offended anyone, but my 4 year old Mercedes was better sounding, and the Porsche I was looking at just blew me away... this is my layman's opinion. Some of you might like having to turn up the volume to hear bass responses so you don't have to hear your wives, or passengers, but I don't.

As for aftermarket... yeah, I am searching. Will be sure to post a "How To" when I am done if Lucid tells me the car is within spec.

Hoping I am wrong, and that my system is broken so I don't have to incur costs of adding a speaker system to this car!

I have the Model X Plaid™ and the Lucid Air GT

Here's my semi-wanna-be-audiophile impression and the wife's non-audiophile impression of driving the cars back to back over the same road with the same song x4.

Lucid sound EQ at +4, +1, +2
While driving:
Lucid on Bluetooth - "Un Get" by Ozuna
Need to have volume at 70%+ to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - decent mids / highs sound
Minus - can't hear passenger talk at that volume, bass underwhelming

While driving:
Lucid on Tidal - "Un Get" by Ozuna
need to have volume at 60-70% to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - soundstage improved
Minus - can't hear passenger talk at that volume, and, no room to turn it up without it becoming uncomfortably loud / distorted

Tesla Model X Plaid™
While driving:
MXP on Bluetooth - "Un Get" by Ozuna
Need to have volume at 20%+ to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - crisp mids / highs sound
Minus - can hear passenger talk at that volume, plenty of room to turn it up PRN, doesn't distort

While driving:
MXP on Tidal - "Un Get" by Ozuna
need to have volume at 20% to hear reasonable bass response
Plus - soundstage vastly improved
Minus - can hear passenger talk at that volume, and, can THUMP if you really want to with no distortion

My impression:
I don't like listening to LOUD music just to get a satisfying bass response that makes me grin.
The Lucid Bluetooth has a better soundstage than the Tesla Bluetooth.
They have a very similar soundstage on Tidal if you select the correct settings in the Tesla, Tesla is brighter and thumps harder
The bass on the Tesla with Tidal is completely different.
The Lucid reminds me of listening to a pair of Paradigm Persona 9H speakers next to a pair of Wilson Benesch Endeavor 3Zero's... Paradigm's sound great if yu like listening to your music withe a big blanket over your speakers
The Tesla is more my style of bass / music.

Wife's impression:
On Bluetooth: "What's wrong with your car? Is the stereo broken still?"
On Tidal: "Wow, the Tesla sounds so bright, so much fuller, even at lower volume. I don't like it too loud..."
Conclusion: "I will just wear headphones when we take your car, it sounds cheap compared to the Tesla"

I am uncertain if my Lucid HAS a sub, as I can't hear anything under 90-100Hz without cranking this thing to the max and listening to the door speakers POP

Sorry if I offended anyone, but my 4 year old Mercedes was better sounding, and the Porsche I was looking at just blew me away... this is my layman's opinion. Some of you might like having to turn up the volume to hear bass responses so you don't have to hear your wives, or passengers, but I don't.

As for aftermarket... yeah, I am searching. Will be sure to post a "How To" when I am done if Lucid tells me the car is within spec.

Hoping I am wrong, and that my system is broken so I don't have to incur costs of adding a speaker system to this car!
Spot on. If you have a chance, listen to "Kites" by Submotion Orchestra (it gets into the bass 1/3 of the way in), it is not Dolby ATMOS. My lucid buzzes on certain bass frequencies on a number of tracks, regardless of the volume.

Spot on. If you have a chance, listen to "Kites" by Submotion Orchestra (it gets into the bass 1/3 of the way in), it is not Dolby ATMOS. My lucid buzzes on certain bass frequencies on a number of tracks, regardless of the volume.
The mids / high end remind me of an Olympic athlete.
The bass response reminds me of an Olympic athlete with anemia... H&H 5.4 & 20, respectively, and possible Lynch Syndrome.

The mids / high end remind me of an Olympic athlete.
The bass response reminds me of an Olympic athlete with anemia... H&H 5.4 & 20, respectively, and possible Lynch Syndrome.
You need to get your car checked out to make sure the subs are working. Mine does not sound like yours, based on these descriptions.

Please refrain from continuing to repeat this until you do, just so that we don't clutter every thread with it, but once you do, please do let us know what they say; I'm super curious to know if it's "your ears" or an actual issue.

Back