Initial Thoughts

When you told me to try Atmos, I went back and tried it again. However, here is an issue that keeps happening randomly and often, where the stereo sound completely shuts off, yet the track is continuing (not mute button). I am not able to change tracks when this is happening and usually have to switch source and it eventually starts to play again. Sometimes, I may try and switch tracks several times when the sound turns off and after several minutes the sound will come back on and all the various tracks I pushed will play in that order (as if they were buffered). I took a video of it and it is very frustrating. My opinion on the sound system remains the same.
I suspect, like many others here, that it I'd a bandwidth issue. Not sure how they can improve that, though, in SoCal with great cell coverage I don't experience dropouts as much as others seem to on this forum.

I suspect, like many others here, that it I'd a bandwidth issue. Not sure how they can improve that, though, in SoCal with great cell coverage I don't experience dropouts as much as others seem to on this forum.
I don't think it's bandwidth, if you saw the video you will see that I am in the garage with full bars on the WiFi. This happens with or without WiFi. I think it is a memory and processor issue combined.

I don't think it's bandwidth, if you saw the video you will see that I am in the garage with full bars on the WiFi. This happens with or without WiFi. I think it is a memory and processor issue combined.
It’s combination of bandwith and software buffer. There should be further tweaking of memory allocation in Tidal implementation. I see these are just minor bug fix/enhancement down the road.

I couldn't disagree more; the sound system rivals many of the highest-end sound systems I've heard, especially for a car, including the Plaid and B&O and Burmeister systems.

Yes, I have Tidal HiFi (do not have Spotify). I am not saying that the clarity is bad (it's excellent), it's just not punchy, volume is low even at max, and the EQ range is not that great - in fact I would rather listen to it flat but have more volume. I am not comparing it my McIntosh system at home, but my 2017 Audi S8 Plus with the B&O system. Also, Atmos or Sony 360 is great if you want to hear surround sound, me I like to listen to music as if in front of a sound stage not a movie theater.
There’s no way it’s not loud enough, there must be something wrong with your system, I usually have to turn it down once I’m at 80% volume on the meter, which is the “ouch” level for me. Maybe call service? As far as “punchy”, put on Deftones song Digital Bath and tell me the kick drum doesn’t punch you in the chest. I agree you don’t need Atmos, it’s all about high resolution stereo but Tidal HiFi in the Lucid definitely delivers on that (you did change the car settinf to enable HiFi once you got 1.2.6 software eight?).

There’s no way it’s not loud enough, there must be something wrong with your system, I usually have to turn it down once I’m at 80% volume on the meter, which is the “ouch” level for me. Maybe call service? As far as “punchy”, put on Deftones song Digital Bath and tell me the kick drum doesn’t punch you in the chest. I agree you don’t need Atmos, it’s all about high resolution stereo but Tidal HiFi in the Lucid definitely delivers on that (you did change the car settinf to enable HiFi once you got 1.2.6 software eight?).
I agree, there is something wrong with the sound system. As I am driving to work today, the sound once again disappears and after 10-minutes come back and the bass is gone, the music sounds like it's coming out of a tunnel. I do have the 1.2.6 software and HiFi is enabled.

I agree, there is something wrong with the sound system. As I am driving to work today, the sound once again disappears and after 10-minutes come back and the bass is gone, the music sounds like it's coming out of a tunnel. I do have the 1.2.6 software and HiFi is enabled.
Yeah that’s messed up. Do long reset with the Valet card and if that doesn’t work you need service to assess it.

Yeah that’s messed up. Do long reset with the Valet card and if that doesn’t work you need service to assess it.
I'll try tonight since my cards are at home.

Does anyone have a sense of whether the car audio can be heard from outside the car? I can often hear neighboring cars at stoplights in my Tesla, and I don't like being that guy. Even when I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for something I'm uber concious of how loud others outside might hear whatever I'm listening to. I like to keep my noise to myself, even when it's fairly loud.

Does anyone have a sense of whether the car audio can be heard from outside the car? I can often hear neighboring cars at stoplights in my Tesla, and I don't like being that guy. Even when I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for something I'm uber concious of how loud others outside might hear whatever I'm listening to. I like to keep my noise to myself, even when it's fairly loud.
According to the studio manager, people have been inside the studio car with the music cranked and you cannot hear it until they open the door and then you can hear the music is blaring Outside

Well, Turn the volume up, get out of the Air, shut the door and find out…..

Yeah it’s really quiet outside the car. If it’s a bass heavy track you’ll hear a little quiet thumping but not like the ‘71 Impala with 24 inch rims and hydraulics you’re probably picturing haha.

Just so people know and may have the same issue. Please take a look at this video of my car I just took. The stereo is playing Tidal Atmos at full volume (bass came back fromm my earlier post). The decibel is very, very low, and the just like any other day (WiFi or Cellular), the track keeps muting. Has anyone else measure the DB level in the car? I will still try the valet key reset tonight and see if it changes anything before I call for support.

Just so people know and may have the same issue. Please take a look at this video of my car I just took. The stereo is playing Tidal Atmos at full volume (bass came back fromm my earlier post). The decibel is very, very low, and the just like any other day (WiFi or Cellular), the track keeps muting. Has anyone else measure the DB level in the car? I will still try the valet key reset tonight and see if it changes anything before I call for support.
See @copper Testing here...
Thread 'Lucid Air Stereo "Surreal Sound" Test Impressions' https://lucidowners.com/threads/lucid-air-stereo-surreal-sound-test-impressions.727/

Yeah you need to contact service.

Yeah you need to contact service.
Just spoke to customer service and he saw both videos and said this is definitely not right. They will start a service visit. He did tell me that 1.2.7 is now out and it may correct these issue (but a long shot). The update has not popped up on my app yet.

I cant seem to find this anywhere on this forum... Using the Tidal app in the car, do I want the Tidal Hifi or Hifi plus for the best sound? If Hifi plus, how do I get car app to find me the Atomos music?

For anyone using Tidal.. not sure you know this but if you use Apple to subscribe to the monthly charge, it charges an extra $5 for the Hifi plus. Sign up from your computer so the charge is $19.99 instead of $24.99. Same goes for the Hifi... it is $9.99 unless you use Apple then it is $12.99. You still can use the app on the iphone but pay for it via a CC from your pc or the website.

I cant seem to find this anywhere on this forum... Using the Tidal app in the car, do I want the Tidal Hifi or Hifi plus for the best sound? If Hifi plus, how do I get car app to find me the Atomos music?

For anyone using Tidal.. not sure you know this but if you use Apple to subscribe to the monthly charge, it charges an extra $5 for the Hifi plus. Sign up from your computer so the charge is $19.99 instead of $24.99. Same goes for the Hifi... it is $9.99 unless you use Apple then it is $12.99. You still can use the app on the iphone but pay for it via a CC from your pc or the website.
hifi plus, and in the search you have to type Dolby. There are a bunch of playlists curated by Tidal. You can also use the desktop or phone app and create your own playlist with Dolby Songs

hifi plus, and in the search you have to type Dolby. There are a bunch of playlists curated by Tidal. You can also use the desktop or phone app and create your own playlist with Dolby Songs
As you said, I use my laptop to create my Playlist which is now approaching 600 Dolby Atmos selections. I'm using Hifi Plus and I have the Veteran's rate which is $12/month. The only annoying thing I experience is it always starts with the first song on the Playlist so I immediately hit the little "shuffle" icon and then hit the advance button on the steering wheel. Then it will randomly select songs from the list. I wish there was a way to always have it start the Playlist in the "shuffle" mode.

Yeah it’s really quiet outside the car. If it’s a bass heavy track you’ll hear a little quiet thumping but not like the ‘71 Impala with 24 inch rims and hydraulics you’re probably picturing haha.
That is indeed exactly the picture I had in my head.

Back