Initial Thoughts

zkhan2

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
The car is awesome, handles very well, accelerates instantly at any speed, and is extremely comfortable. The following are issues that I am putting down here just so Lucid will see them and our forum members may be able to help with a solution. This is based on just a few hours with the car. I may have more in the future.
  • Turning off navigation audio – extremely annoying. If anyone knows how, please let me know.
  • Eye/distraction monitoring – way too sensitive, they need to put a sensitivity scale on it. The warning constantly goes off and interrupts music being played (not sure what it would do if I were on a phone call). Yes, I know I can turn it off – but would like to have the safeguard where I can adjust sensitivity.
  • Homelink – cannot get it to work. I follow the procedures; it reads my clicker and then it goes into this 1-2-3 step and after that it asks if the garage door operated, and I click on “No” and the process starts all over again. If someone else has run into this issue, please help.
  • Stereo system – I have said this before, it is underwhelming – The components for the Tesla Model X stereo sounds much better (fuller and louder).
  • Side mirrors – I know the car has an incredible and sophisticated 360 screen for the car, however, I still like to see my mirrors when I park into very tight spaces (my garage). The mirrors do not have a tilt feature when the car is placed in reverse. This should be a very easy software fix and I hope they do it.
  • SiriusXM – I still hear that this will be a future option. This would only be possible if the hardware is being installed on every car. Unless they cut a deal where only the streaming service is integrated into the infotainment system.
  • CarPlay - this issue has been beaten to death, let's just hope it comes. I currently use a cupholder dock so my phone can show Waze and I can access other music apps, such as SiriusXM.

Happy driving everyone!

Stereo System... this is a new one. I have heard that Lucid's sound system is supposed to be top tier. Any other opinions here?

Stereo System... this is a new one. I have heard that Lucid's sound system is supposed to be top tier. Any other opinions here?
My two previous Audi S8s (B&O) and my Model X both sounded better. I am not saying that this stereo is bad, it's just underwhelming IMHO. I would love to hear other opinions on it too.

The car is awesome, handles very well, accelerates instantly at any speed, and is extremely comfortable. The following are issues that I am putting down here just so Lucid will see them and our forum members may be able to help with a solution. This is based on just a few hours with the car. I may have more in the future.
  • Turning off navigation audio – extremely annoying. If anyone knows how, please let me know.
  • Eye/distraction monitoring – way too sensitive, they need to put a sensitivity scale on it. The warning constantly goes off and interrupts music being played (not sure what it would do if I were on a phone call). Yes, I know I can turn it off – but would like to have the safeguard where I can adjust sensitivity.
  • Homelink – cannot get it to work. I follow the procedures; it reads my clicker and then it goes into this 1-2-3 step and after that it asks if the garage door operated, and I click on “No” and the process starts all over again. If someone else has run into this issue, please help.
  • Stereo system – I have said this before, it is underwhelming – The components for the Tesla Model X stereo sounds much better (fuller and louder).
  • Side mirrors – I know the car has an incredible and sophisticated 360 screen for the car, however, I still like to see my mirrors when I park into very tight spaces (my garage). The mirrors do not have a tilt feature when the car is placed in reverse. This should be a very easy software fix and I hope they do it.
  • SiriusXM – I still hear that this will be a future option. This would only be possible if the hardware is being installed on every car. Unless they cut a deal where only the streaming service is integrated into the infotainment system.
  • CarPlay - this issue has been beaten to death, let's just hope it comes. I currently use a cupholder dock so my phone can show Waze and I can access other music apps, such as SiriusXM.

Happy driving everyone!
The nav audio has a mute button on the right driver panel almost in the bottom center of the screen.

The eye distraction thing, my suggestion is now that you have thr steering set up, delete your facial profiles and re-add them. Especially, use one of them if you drive with sun glasses. So 1 without and 1 with glasses on.

Another suggestion would be to turn off the drowsy alert and only keep the distracted driver alert.

For sound, many discussions have been had but @bunnylebowski and @copper have much more technical experience with regard to this

The nav audio has a mute button on the right driver panel almost in the bottom center of the screen.

The eye distraction thing, my suggestion is now that you have thr steering set up, delete your facial profiles and re-add them. Especially, use one of them if you drive with sun glasses. So 1 without and 1 with glasses on.

Another suggestion would be to turn off the drowsy alert and only keep the distracted driver alert.

For sound, many discussions have been had but @bunnylebowski and @copper have much more technical experience with regard to this
I'll checkout the mute option at lunch today. Thank you in advance!

Now that you point it out, yes, I did have my sun glasses yesterday and today and my profile was made during delivery without the sun glasses one. Great tip, I will do that tonight.

Now that you point it out, yes, I did have my sun glasses yesterday and today and my profile was made during delivery without the sun glasses one. Great tip, I will do that tonight.
Re: Homelink, you need to set it up with your garage opener in learning mode, which is a button on the actual motor.

Re: Homelink, you need to set it up with your garage opener in learning mode, which is a button on the actual motor.
Yes, I think I know what went wrong. I will try again today when I get home.

If you do not have the mute button - you might not be on 1.2.6 yet

New issue. Driver's side door would soft close and then latch out again, the car would cycle like that two times. The door would stay partially unlatched and the sensors would show the door as open. The software in the car was also somewhat frozen on the climate settings. I did get out of the car and walk away from it until it locked to cycle the boot. Came back to the car and it was still doing the same thing. My friend was with me and he had be sit in the car and when the door shut he kept is hip pushed against it. That worked. However, the same problem persisted when I went to test out EA charging (which worked great). We had lunch later and only after that did the car cycle at some point and the functions returned to normal.

New issue. Driver's side door would soft close and then latch out again, the car would cycle like that two times. The door would stay partially unlatched and the sensors would show the door as open. The software in the car was also somewhat frozen on the climate settings. I did get out of the car and walk away from it until it locked to cycle the boot. Came back to the car and it was still doing the same thing. My friend was with me and he had be sit in the car and when the door shut he kept is hip pushed against it. That worked. However, the same problem persisted when I went to test out EA charging (which worked great). We had lunch later and only after that did the car cycle at some point and the functions returned to normal.
Have you noticed that we are hardly getting any fit and trim issues being reported. Maybe all of the inspections are starting to pay off. It seems to me that the great majority of the issues being posted are software related. The Beast is a complex group of processors on wheels! :)

Have you noticed that we are hardly getting any fit and trim issues being reported. Maybe all of the inspections are starting to pay off. It seems to me that the great majority of the issues being posted are software related. The Beast is a complex group of processors on wheels! :)
Yes, I am extremely happy with fit. The paint finish was not good. Lots of swirl marks, like cars that have gone through car washes for years, and uneven thickness in paint application. The PPF shop did a lot of paint correction and showed me before and afters. They then put the PPF on.

Hm the soft close mechanism glitch isn’t one I’ve encountered or heard of before. Nothing is physically blocking the mechanism? Probably worth a service call if this issue persists.

Hm the soft close mechanism glitch isn’t one I’ve encountered or heard of before. Nothing is physically blocking the mechanism? Probably worth a service call if this issue persists.
No, this is definitely software related. Once a tech calls me back, I will bring this issue up as well as the software freeze, which I believe was part of it.

Happy driving everyone!
Homelink problem solved - user error. Software update completed and I now can mute navigation. Still have intermittent software issues, such as freezing and long hesitations.

*** Question for the forum - Does anyone know how to properly reset the car, other than walking far enough away to have it go into sleep mode? Thank you.

Turn on the signal, get out, push the handle in, and when the signal shuts off the car has reset

Turn on the signal, get out, push the handle in, and when the signal shuts off the car has reset
When you say signal, so you mean turn signal and if so do I do right or left one or is it some other signal?

When you say signal, so you mean turn signal and if so do I do right or left one or is it some other signal?
Oh yea, turn signal, doesn't matter since it's just a visual as to when the car shuts down

No, this is definitely software related. Once a tech calls me back, I will bring this issue up as well as the software freeze, which I believe was part of it.
This happened to the Edmunds review car, which I think was probably pretty embarrassing for Lucid. If a long reset (manually lock the car with the fob once you exit the vehicle then stay away from the car and keep fob/phone away from the car for 30 minutes) doesn’t fix it then maybe it’s a sensor error or misalignment which service should fix.

Back