Initial Thoughts

Homelink problem solved - user error. Software update completed and I now can mute navigation. Still have intermittent software issues, such as freezing and long hesitations.

*** Question for the forum - Does anyone know how to properly reset the car, other than walking far enough away to have it go into sleep mode? Thank you.
WHen at the Seatle Studio, I was taught to exit the car, use the card and place it on the sensor on the beam between the doors, walk away from the car and return 10 minutes later. I have not done this since I don't have the car yet but that is what I saw and was told.

WHen at the Seatle Studio, I was taught to exit the car, use the card and place it on the sensor on the beam between the doors, walk away from the car and return 10 minutes later. I have not done this since I don't have the car yet but that is what I saw and was told.
Customer care told me that the valet card reset that you describe is a deeper reset than the turn signal rest described above.

Yeah valet card reset was how I got the car to give me brake hold back as an option.

Reactions: DJL
New issue. Driver's side door would soft close and then latch out again, the car would cycle like that two times. The door would stay partially unlatched and the sensors would show the door as open. The software in the car was also somewhat frozen on the climate settings. I did get out of the car and walk away from it until it locked to cycle the boot. Came back to the car and it was still doing the same thing. My friend was with me and he had be sit in the car and when the door shut he kept is hip pushed against it. That worked. However, the same problem persisted when I went to test out EA charging (which worked great). We had lunch later and only after that did the car cycle at some point and the functions returned to normal.
Here is a video of the door latch issue. I contacted tech support, they say its a latch adjustment issue - and the software issue I am experiencing is more than likely the warning interruption due to the open door. BTW - tech support was to have called me back yesterday, from a conversation the day before and they never did. I reached out around 8:00 PM and they did reply to my email. However, they may not have anyone available until next week. Here is the tech's quote:

"It sound like you need the striker moved out a little on the driver’s door. I’ve seen a few of these were it does the same exact thing and its because its sensing to much pressure when closing thinking something is stuck in the door so it opens back up. "

It's a disappointing to have to drive my car like this. Plus the latch issue with the frunk for which the tech said:

"The frunk will need a latch and I’m not sure if he has any with him right now. If it doesn’t work out this week when would be a good week/day/time for one of us to get out there and check it out for you? We can set something up and add it to our calendar."

I have been telling them from day one that I am available anytime.

It's a disappointing to have to drive my car like this. Plus the latch issue with the frunk for which the tech said:
is it safe to drive like that though? what about the frunk? did they say it's okay to drive with the latch not catching?

is it safe to drive like that though? what about the frunk? did they say it's okay to drive with the latch not catching?
The frunk, was forced shut by my FA when I took delivery (basically he put his weight on to the top of the latch just as it was closing). I have not opened the frunk since. The door, I figured out (actually by friend) that if you push it hard enough with your hip it will stay latched. However, when I am by myself, that is rather difficult to do. I now take the windows down put my arm out (not fun on a hot black car) and squeeze the door in hard. Sometimes it works sometimes I have to do it two or three times. It sucks!

Here is a video of the door latch issue. I contacted tech support, they say its a latch adjustment issue - and the software issue I am experiencing is more than likely the warning interruption due to the open door. BTW - tech support was to have called me back yesterday, from a conversation the day before and they never did. I reached out around 8:00 PM and they did reply to my email. However, they may not have anyone available until next week. Here is the tech's quote:

"It sound like you need the striker moved out a little on the driver’s door. I’ve seen a few of these were it does the same exact thing and its because its sensing to much pressure when closing thinking something is stuck in the door so it opens back up. "

"The frunk will need a latch and I’m not sure if he has any with him right now. If it doesn’t work out this week when would be a good week/day/time for one of us to get out there and check it out for you? We can set something up and add it to our calendar."

I have been telling them from day one that I am available anytime.

Looks like latch alignment issue. I had that issue in frunk, car wash guy caused it. It’s a minor fix. I drove to SC 2 weeks ago right before leaving for a business trip. I came back pick up a week later, it was fixed.

Looks like latch alignment issue. I had that issue in frunk, car wash guy caused it. It’s a minor fix. I drove to SC 2 weeks ago right before leaving for a business trip. I came back pick up a week later, it was fixed.
The service tech in my area was able to get a latch for the frunk. He will be here this morning to fix both the driver's door and frunk.

The service tech in my area was able to get a latch for the frunk. He will be here this morning to fix both the driver's door and frunk.
Quick update, I was wrong on the date, the service tech will be here on Monday morning.

I wonder if he pulled it out from an existing car awaiting PDI 😂
All the reported blown out Pirelli 21” tires and broken frunk latches are being replaced from all the Silver Airs under the tent. Pretty soon they will be stripping the coat hooks off the Silver units also….

All the reported blown out Pirelli 21” tires and broken frunk latches are being replaced from all the Silver Airs under the tent. Pretty soon they will be stripping the coat hooks off the Silver units also….
Watch the Silver Air owners start a go fund me for the coat hooks now

Quick update, I was wrong on the date, the service tech will be here on Monday morning.
Service tech came out yesterday and was super cool to work with. He found the passenger side latch to the frunk fault and replaced it and he moved the striker on the driver's side door out and down a little bit and so far the car has not cycled open/shut on the soft close. He gave me a rear license plate trim to boot! I can say that their tech service is awesome.

The car is awesome, handles very well, accelerates instantly at any speed, and is extremely comfortable. The following are issues that I am putting down here just so Lucid will see them and our forum members may be able to help with a solution. This is based on just a few hours with the car. I may have more in the future.
  • Turning off navigation audio – extremely annoying. If anyone knows how, please let me know.
  • Eye/distraction monitoring – way too sensitive, they need to put a sensitivity scale on it. The warning constantly goes off and interrupts music being played (not sure what it would do if I were on a phone call). Yes, I know I can turn it off – but would like to have the safeguard where I can adjust sensitivity.
  • Homelink – cannot get it to work. I follow the procedures; it reads my clicker and then it goes into this 1-2-3 step and after that it asks if the garage door operated, and I click on “No” and the process starts all over again. If someone else has run into this issue, please help.
  • Stereo system – I have said this before, it is underwhelming – The components for the Tesla Model X stereo sounds much better (fuller and louder).
  • Side mirrors – I know the car has an incredible and sophisticated 360 screen for the car, however, I still like to see my mirrors when I park into very tight spaces (my garage). The mirrors do not have a tilt feature when the car is placed in reverse. This should be a very easy software fix and I hope they do it.
  • SiriusXM – I still hear that this will be a future option. This would only be possible if the hardware is being installed on every car. Unless they cut a deal where only the streaming service is integrated into the infotainment system.
  • CarPlay - this issue has been beaten to death, let's just hope it comes. I currently use a cupholder dock so my phone can show Waze and I can access other music apps, such as SiriusXM.

Happy driving everyone!
After driving the car for a week, all my issues with the car are software. The two hardware related issues were quickly fixed by the mobile service techs. Here they are:

Coming to the car from sleep, my car takes around 60-70 seconds before all the displays are on and the icons are showing. There have been a few times where it just would not go past the Lucid logo on the lower middle screen and I had to lock the car, walk away and come back a couple of minutes later.
All the apps are sluggish. Tidal and Bluetooth do not maintain continuous connectivity (have not tried the other streaming services). Tidal will stop working and then when it comes back it will start from the beginning of the album or playlist I was listening to. Has anyone been able to direct dial a radio station in? When I try the numbers are greyed out.
Navigation seems to randomly refresh and with the sluggishness, it takes time for the map to patch back together and the mute on the nav voice turns back on.
Although Homelink pops up when I get close to my home, I have to back into the garage due to the placement of the wall charger (currently using Tesla with adapter). Homelink is not easily accessible once you are parked. The cameras continue to display on the screens. You have to manually exit the cameras, then a couple of click before you can press the Homelink button. They should have Homelinkas as a one or two touch icon.
The lane warnings are way too sensitive and not accurate, particularly on turns.
Phantom drain is higher than expected.

Based on discussions with my tech about these issues, he said that Lucid is aware of the sluggishness of the entire infotainment system. He does not believe that optimization will solve all the issues, be believes that the processing unit used by Lucid cannot handle demand from the apps. He thinks (and I think not) that Lucid will upgrade all the Dreams and GTs to a faster processing unit.

BTW - does anyone know what carrier they use for connectivity?

Regardless of the above, what a car! Just a thrill to drive. I have left it in smooth 98% of the time and it still is fast. Love this car.

After driving the car for a week, all my issues with the car are software. The two hardware related issues were quickly fixed by the mobile service techs. Here they are:

Coming to the car from sleep, my car takes around 60-70 seconds before all the displays are on and the icons are showing. There have been a few times where it just would not go past the Lucid logo on the lower middle screen and I had to lock the car, walk away and come back a couple of minutes later.
All the apps are sluggish. Tidal and Bluetooth do not maintain continuous connectivity (have not tried the other streaming services). Tidal will stop working and then when it comes back it will start from the beginning of the album or playlist I was listening to. Has anyone been able to direct dial a radio station in? When I try the numbers are greyed out.
Navigation seems to randomly refresh and with the sluggishness, it takes time for the map to patch back together and the mute on the nav voice turns back on.
Although Homelink pops up when I get close to my home, I have to back into the garage due to the placement of the wall charger (currently using Tesla with adapter). Homelink is not easily accessible once you are parked. The cameras continue to display on the screens. You have to manually exit the cameras, then a couple of click before you can press the Homelink button. They should have Homelinkas as a one or two touch icon.
The lane warnings are way too sensitive and not accurate, particularly on turns.
Phantom drain is higher than expected.

Based on discussions with my tech about these issues, he said that Lucid is aware of the sluggishness of the entire infotainment system. He does not believe that optimization will solve all the issues, be believes that the processing unit used by Lucid cannot handle demand from the apps. He thinks (and I think not) that Lucid will upgrade all the Dreams and GTs to a faster processing unit.

Regardless of the above, what a car! Just a thrill to drive. I have left it in smooth 98% of the time and it still is fast. Love this car.
I don't think there's a processor you can buy today that is too slow to run a radio app. I just don't buy that theory. A car's basic infotainment functions just should not be that processor intensive, if the software is written well.

The software configuration as follow…

Smooth - boost suspension
Swift - boost handling
Sprint - boost drivetrain

I was told my car (Dream #154) uses AT&T but that Lucid also uses another carrier in some cars. (Sorry, but I don't remember which.)

I don't think there's a processor you can buy today that is too slow to run a radio app. I just don't buy that theory. A car's basic infotainment functions just should not be that processor intensive, if the software is written well.
agreed, it doesn't take much to run a music or radio app. I think half the issue comes from how Lucid has built the software on top of Android Automotive OS.

The connectivity issues, i'm not surprised. Audi had the exact same issues as Lucid with the online stuff cutting out all the time but it was much worse. Took them a good 9 months to get it resolved.

Last edited:
Joe,

I agree with you on the radio but the amount of items the car monitors and processes per second is overwhelming and I am not going to disagree with the service tech since he probably knows more than me. From a user point of view, something sure as heck is slowing everything down.

Just FYI, mine is the one with the Silver paint swirls…..

Back