Initial Thoughts

Although Homelink pops up when I get close to my home, I have to back into the garage due to the placement of the wall charger (currently using Tesla with adapter). Homelink is not easily accessible once you are parked. The cameras continue to display on the screens. You have to manually exit the cameras, then a couple of click before you can press the Homelink button. They should have Homelinkas as a one or two touch icon.
While I agree with you about making the Homelink easier, my cameras turn off after I put the car in park. Do yours not? It's still a few clicks to close the door, but less without the camera.

While I agree with you about making the Homelink easier, my cameras turn off after I put the car in park. Do yours not? It's still a few clicks to close the door, but less without the camera.
Yes, the camera does turn off when I park but it takes more than 10 seconds before that happens. Same issue going out of the garage in the morning. I suspect my system lags more than others.

Yes, the camera does turn off when I park but it takes more than 10 seconds before that happens. Same issue going out of the garage in the morning. I suspect my system lags more than others.
Set up Siri to control your garage door via Homebridge. There’s some old threads on it. I say “hey Siri open/close garage door” to my watch and I haven’t had to use homelink one time since I set this up. Homelink does work fine on approach, but yeah close is a pain in the ass when you’re in reverse so setting it up to run via Siri solved all problems.

Set up Siri to control your garage door via Homebridge. There’s some old threads on it. I say “hey Siri open/close garage door” to my watch and I haven’t had to use homelink one time since I set this up. Homelink does work fine on approach, but yeah close is a pain in the ass when you’re in reverse so setting it up to run via Siri solved all problems.
Does Homebridge work with Google as well for those of us luddite enough to use an android phone? Also, I'd suspect hope that if they're moving buttons around in the new release, they might make that one a little more prominent.

Does Homebridge work with Google as well for those of us luddite enough to use an android phone? Also, I'd suspect hope that if they're moving buttons around in the new release, they might make that one a little more prominent.
Hmmm, homebridge is designed to work with Apple HomeKit to put non-apple devices into the apple/Siri ecosystem, BUT you can get Google devices to work with it (I’ve got nest cams/locks/doorbell/thermostat all incorporated into HomeKit), but I wouldn’t know if there’s a way to interface it with Android.

All the reported blown out Pirelli 21” tires and broken frunk latches are being replaced from all the Silver Airs under the tent. Pretty soon they will be stripping the coat hooks off the Silver units also….
Sure…make me feel even worse. 😉

Joe,

I agree with you on the radio but the amount of items the car monitors and processes per second is overwhelming and I am not going to disagree with the service tech since he probably knows more than me. From a user point of view, something sure as heck is slowing everything down.
This sounds like a “hardware guy”’s answer to a software problem. The issue is almost certainly that they are emulating AAOS rather than running it natively; once they fix that, it should be much more speedy.

Given that they spent additional money on a gigabit ring around the car for faster access to components, etc., I would bet lots of money it is not a processor or hardware issue.

Stereo System... this is a new one. I have heard that Lucid's sound system is supposed to be top tier. Any other opinions here?
the stereo is average - I do not own a Tesla, however I did recently drive a Model S Plaid. The stereo in the Plaid blows the Lucid away. But, Lucid is a much better built car. better looking too!

the stereo is average - I do not own a Tesla, however I did recently drive a Model S Plaid. The stereo in the Plaid blows the Lucid away. But, Lucid is a much better built car. better looking too!
I've said it before, the sound system is very underwhelming. I like high-fidelity while I am driving. I hope the after market comes up with some solutions.

I’d be very surprised if the Plaid blows away the Lucid stereo under objective listening conditions with the same audio streaming quality. There are other threads here where some owners did a frequency response curve and the Lucid’s was excellent, just not hyped for certain frequencies to give the illusion of more bass. I was an audio engineer in my previous career and listened to some tracks in the Lucid on Tidal HiFi quality that I was present for the actual studio mix of that track, and was amazed by how faithfully the Lucid reproduced the tracks, like it sounded just like I was back in the studio.

I’d be very surprised if the Plaid blows away the Lucid stereo under objective listening conditions with the same audio streaming quality. There are other threads here where some owners did a frequency response curve and the Lucid’s was excellent, just not hyped for certain frequencies to give the illusion of more bass. I was an audio engineer in my previous career and listened to some tracks in the Lucid on Tidal HiFi quality that I was present for the actual studio mix of that track, and was amazed by how faithfully the Lucid reproduced the tracks, like it sounded just like I was back in the studio.
I have heard many high end car stereo systems but none have come close to the sound provided by the Lucid when tuned in to a high quality Dolby Atmos recording such as those provided by Tidal. Eventually we will have Apple CarPlay which will allow streaming Apple Music which has a much larger library of Dolby Atmos recordings. HMP10 has both the Plaid and the Lucid Dream and I would be interested to hear what he has to say regarding the two stereo systems.

I've said it before, the sound system is very underwhelming. I like high-fidelity while I am driving. I hope the after market comes up with some solutions.
In which format, Tidal MQA HiFi? Are you on 1.2.6 software with Tidal HiFi enabled? Spotify sounds average to mediocre in any car. You might not even realize it until you compare it to Tidal HiFi in the Lucid but I think it’s indisputable the car’s audio system is excellent IF you’re listening in the best format.

In which format, Tidal MQA HiFi? Are you on 1.2.6 software with Tidal HiFi enabled? Spotify sounds average to mediocre in any car. You might not even realize it until you compare it to Tidal HiFi in the Lucid but I think it’s indisputable the car’s audio system is excellent IF you’re listening in the best format.
There also seems to be a bug for some folks where they lose their sub altogether until they do a reset? Maybe this is happening more to some cars than others? Wonder if that isn’t playing into some people’s impressions?

Regardless, Spotify, or using Bluetooth from your phone is only going to emphasize the poor quality of that content on the Lucid’s system.

From my super limited time with the Air’s stereo, I thought it sounded great. I haven’t heard the Plaid. My Model 3’s system is pretty good for a car but nowhere near as accurate in the mids. It has this weird tendency to overemphasize reverb frequencies that drives me a little nuts. Like I’m listening in a tiled bathroom.

Yes, I have Tidal HiFi (do not have Spotify). I am not saying that the clarity is bad (it's excellent), it's just not punchy, volume is low even at max, and the EQ range is not that great - in fact I would rather listen to it flat but have more volume. I am not comparing it my McIntosh system at home, but my 2017 Audi S8 Plus with the B&O system. Also, Atmos or Sony 360 is great if you want to hear surround sound, me I like to listen to music as if in front of a sound stage not a movie theater.

Yes, I have Tidal HiFi (do not have Spotify). I am not saying that the clarity is bad (it's excellent), it's just not punchy, volume is low even at max, and the EQ range is not that great - in fact I would rather listen to it flat but have more volume. I am not comparing it my McIntosh system at home, but my 2017 Audi S8 Plus with the B&O system. Also, Atmos or Sony 360 is great if you want to hear surround sound, me I like to listen to music as if in front of a sound stage not a movie theater.
@copper did an analysis a while back and his suggestion of +6, 0, -2 has been great for almost all music genres

I hope the Lucid stereo system is top tier. My refresh Model S is probably the best stereo system I have had in a car when tuned properly. Just awesome.

When you told me to try Atmos, I went back and tried it again. However, here is an issue that keeps happening randomly and often, where the stereo sound completely shuts off, yet the track is continuing (not mute button). I am not able to change tracks when this is happening and usually have to switch source and it eventually starts to play again. Sometimes, I may try and switch tracks several times when the sound turns off and after several minutes the sound will come back on and all the various tracks I pushed will play in that order (as if they were buffered). I took a video of it and it is very frustrating. My opinion on the sound system remains the same.

I have heard many high end car stereo systems but none have come close to the sound provided by the Lucid when tuned in to a high quality Dolby Atmos recording such as those provided by Tidal. Eventually we will have Apple CarPlay which will allow streaming Apple Music which has a much larger library of Dolby Atmos recordings. HMP10 has both the Plaid and the Lucid Dream and I would be interested to hear what he has to say regarding the two stereo systems.
Prime unlimited also has highest quality recordings and Dolby Atmos which compared to other streaming music I.e. Pandora or Spotify is far superior even on a single speaker!

Prime unlimited also has highest quality recordings and Dolby Atmos which compared to other streaming music I.e. Pandora or Spotify is far superior even on a single speaker!
Yes, and only if those apps were available on the infotainment system. I would like to see Qobuz as well. I do not listen to Spotify and just canceled Amazon Unlimited because they have the lowest payouts to artist. Qobuz and Tidal have better payouts to the artists.

Back