• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Home charger recommendation?

mac26mac

Cars
Audi Etron
DE Number
I have a Enel-X juicebox in the garage. Works great. But we also park in our driveway a lot. Enel-x has all their hardwire units out of stock (I've been waiting for one to come back in stock since September!).

What do you suggest? Needs to be hard-wired. Needs to be either amp adjustable, or 25 amps. (My garage charger is 48amp). Must be in stock or two week lead. Must have time-of-use programming option. (Clipper Creek does not).

Chargepoint Home Flex, not sure about in stock but meets all your other requirements

Chargepoint Home Flex, not sure about in stock but meets all your other requirements

I’ve lived the Wallbox Pulsar. Works great, hardwired up to 48A too

I got my Charge Point Home Flex from Amazon. Showed it was supposed to get here about next Saturday but it showed up Friday. Now if I just had my car.....

Last edited:
I have a ChargePoint home flex that I got essentially for free through a promotion when I bought my plug in hybrid. I ended up getting the 6-50 version. Had an electrician install the outlet to a 50amp and the charger has been great. Can't wait to charge my GT, if I ever get it.

If you can, I’d recommend to wait and get the upcoming Lucid home charger, which will allow bi-directional charging capability (to back up your house during a grid outage).
I read somewhere that the Lucid home charger should arrive in Q2.

3B9913A8-4028-42AD-B09A-4EF0FB71B4AC.jpeg
C1576D4E-1106-406B-A27C-11EA23FE5807.jpeg

These are our 2. The Chargepoint is for my Taycan and the Grizzl-E is for my wife’s Etron. The Chargepoint is a “smart” charger (app on your phone) and the Grizzl-E is a not so smart charger. Both have been flawless in over a years use.

I guess I'm a little confused. My Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid came with a charger that worked just fine with my Nema 14-50 outlet. The Porsche App also worked fine. The Lucid comes with a similar charger included and I will eventually purchase the bi-directional Lucid Home charger when it becomes available but will just use the included charger in the interim. Why are people considering buying separate units? Am I missing something?

I guess I'm a little confused. My Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid came with a charger that worked just fine with my Nema 14-50 outlet. The Porsche App also worked fine. The Lucid comes with a similar charger included and I will eventually purchase the bi-directional Lucid Home charger when it becomes available but will just use the included charger in the interim. Why are people considering buying separate units? Am I missing something?
We like to keep the mobile chargers with the car “just in case”. Nothing wrong with having options or using the included charger.

We like to keep the mobile chargers with the car “just in case”. Nothing wrong with having options or using the included charger.
Ok that makes sense. I know plugging and unplugging is not recommended.

Right now the Lucid can’t be put on a schedule for charging…if you have a smart charger…you can schedule when you want it to turn on and off…if you don’t need that function then you don’t need a separate unit you can use the one that come with the Lucid and maybe just buy a place to hang the cord and nozzle

Most of us like to keep the mobile unit in the car for trips. The third party chargers are relatively inexpensive and programmable with apps. The Lucid home charger price is not known yet. Unless you want the bidirectional capabilities, it will be overkill as a wall charger.

Right now the Lucid can’t be put on a schedule for charging…if you have a smart charger…you can schedule when you want it to turn on and off…if you don’t need that function then you don’t need a separate unit you can use the one that come with the Lucid and maybe just buy a place to hang the cord and nozzle
Yeah, I already have that "storage" setup in place from the Panamera. I do hear you on the schedule feature and I guess I'm really surprised Lucid hasn't yet provided that capability through an OTA update. Hopefully will come in the future.

Most of us like to keep the mobile unit in the car for trips. The third party chargers are relatively inexpensive and programmable with apps. The Lucid home charger price is not known yet. Unless you want the bidirectional capabilities, it will be overkill as a wall charger.
Yeah I understand. I definitely do want the bi-directional capability to act as a backup during power outages. During "fire season" and high wind PG&E has gotten very aggressive on shutting down power so they don't get sued for starting fires.

So the bi-directional chargers have inverters inside to change the DC power in the car into AC power to the house?

So the bi-directional chargers have inverters inside to change the DC power in the car into AC power to the house?
It is my understanding the Lucid Home Charger will be useable as a backup power source for the home. I have already contacted a local company that specializes in EV setups and they confirmed that my electrical panels will accept the needed 100 amp line. He only has a preliminary understanding of how the Lucid Home charger will work from early discussions he has had with Lucid. Once the unit is available he told me he will receive further information from the appropriate Lucid personnel.

It is my understanding the Lucid Home Charger will be useable as a backup power source for the home. I have already contacted a local company that specializes in EV setups and they confirmed that my electrical panels will accept the needed 100 amp line. He only has a preliminary understanding of how the Lucid Home charger will work from early discussions he has had with Lucid. Once the unit is available he told me he will receive further information from the appropriate Lucid personnel.

Is there a special breaker that allows panel to be back-fed automatically? I've only seen manual breakers.

The inverter is the Wunderbox in the car. The wall unit allows bi-directional current and supports the communication with the car to enable it.

Is there a special breaker that allows panel to be back-fed automatically? I've only seen manual breakers.
You need a transfer switch to disconnect your house from the grid before feeding current into your panel. The breakers to the EVSE are fine, AC current flows both ways anyway. Hence, the breaker cannot tell that you are back-feeding current.

Back