Greater LA Area

I'm in LA as well. I've had my Lucid Air for 3 weeks now, and slowly getting used to it. Still feels like it has a lot of glitches, and that I am beta testing a great new product that needs to lot of tweaking. Have not yet crossed another Lucid on the road yet. Looking forward to software updates to fix the glitches (the most bothersome one is that the surround camera screen takes a minute to load when you first get in your car; who has time to sit there and wait for it to load?). Am I the only one feeling that the car is not yet fully up to par for the cost?

Tru dat...I've never seen another Air on the road either...but LA is big! I'm not so fussed about the surround camera loading since the backup camera loads almost immediately. I also knew what I was getting being a DE owner...first cars from a new company building cars. Like many have said before me, the drive is nailed down, software is constantly changing so we shall see!

The LA group is definitely not nearly as active as the Bay Area group or the Arizona group

*crickets*

Haha. OK, Guilty as charged. Trying to keep up to ridiculously increasing work. I'm glad this was brought up. I have been wanting to get a sense of how others feel about their Lucid. I've had my Dream Edition for over a month now. The main reason I got it was to be able to reach my Mammoth Lakes place without stopping (320 miles, from sea level to 8,000 ft altitude. I am happy with how that is going. But I have had so many issues that make me feel I am beta testing a new product.
1. Back license plate install not working, I have to call service to do it (all the brass inserts that the screws screw into came off).
2. I now have 2,000 miles driven, and when I try to do a 100% charge, I only get to a range of 477 (it was supposed to be 504).
3. The issues with the surround cameras taking a minute to load is a big problem. Who has time to sit in their car for a minute when they have to get places? I can't. But I am concerned I will scratch or dent the car when I start moving before my surround cameras can load.
4. The wireless phone charger is extremely slow. If you make a high-end car selling for $180K, why not put in a 10W wireless charger so people can feel they can get more than a small trickle charge.
5. There is no way to safe favorite destinations. Only a history of recent places,
The list goes on. I know the company is supposed to have these issues fixed with OTA updates. I am just concerned that these updates are slow in coming.

Very interested in others' feeling about this.

Assuming you have a DE-R in order to get thr 500+. As others have said that range adjusts to your driving style. I would fully expect you unable to reach the maximum range since you are going up in elevation.

All other points make sense, but do know they are incrementally improving their software and loading. When 1.0.4 was the OS, the cameras had trouble loading 80% of the time and a bootup was a minimum of 50 seconds.

Like other owners, I can wait and be patient because the other stuff is so damn good

Haha. OK, Guilty as charged. Trying to keep up to ridiculously increasing work. I'm glad this was brought up. I have been wanting to get a sense of how others feel about their Lucid. I've had my Dream Edition for over a month now. The main reason I got it was to be able to reach my Mammoth Lakes place without stopping (320 miles, from sea level to 8,000 ft altitude. I am happy with how that is going. But I have had so many issues that make me feel I am beta testing a new product.
1. Back license plate install not working, I have to call service to do it (all the brass inserts that the screws screw into came off).
2. I now have 2,000 miles driven, and when I try to do a 100% charge, I only get to a range of 477 (it was supposed to be 504).
3. The issues with the surround cameras taking a minute to load is a big problem. Who has time to sit in their car for a minute when they have to get places? I can't. But I am concerned I will scratch or dent the car when I start moving before my surround cameras can load.
4. The wireless phone charger is extremely slow. If you make a high-end car selling for $180K, why not put in a 10W wireless charger so people can feel they can get more than a small trickle charge.
5. There is no way to safe favorite destinations. Only a history of recent places,
The list goes on. I know the company is supposed to have these issues fixed with OTA updates. I am just concerned that these updates are slow in coming.

Yesterday we had to have Lucid service install our license plate too🤣🙃🥴

I’ve had my Dream Air since December 31. I experienced a lot of crazy problems and was frustrated with the way customer service didn’t understand the car any better than I did. I hadn’t yet even considered the concept that it’s a new car company with brand new software — it just simply never dawned on me. I came quite close to selling it. But updates starting making a real difference and I realized how much I actually loved driving the car. I embraced the fact that it’s all new software and bugs are a natural part of this process. I’ve totally stopped focusing on what it doesn’t do and started just enjoying the beauty of it and the great ride. Everything else I can actually deal with fairly easily in other ways.

Yesterday we had to have Lucid service install our license plate too🤣🙃🥴
They should be able to get that corrected. Every car I have owned has had a plastic insert which stays put when you remove the screws.

I should have created this forever ago and if there is one I don't know about please share, but here is a telegram link for us greater LA area

Last edited:
Taking my car back to Autoskinz in Santa Clarita tomorrow for window tinting (shoud've just had them do it when I got the PPF done). Still debating whether the windscreen tinting is worth is so just focusing on the other windows at the moment. I believe they got the experience from doing your windshield @hydbob?

Taking my car back to Autoskinz in Santa Clarita tomorrow for window tinting (shoud've just had them do it when I got the PPF done). Still debating whether the windscreen tinting is worth is so just focusing on the other windows at the moment. I believe they got the experience from doing your windshield @hydbob?
Yep, they had to do it twice! First time around there was a scratch so they redid it for me.

Looking forward to joing SOME DAY when I finally receive my AGT ordered March 9. I'm in Newport Beach but presuming that qualifies for "Greater LA"?!
Heck yea, unless someone wants to start a separate OC group, buy we are already spread too thin!

Think we’re very few and far between. I’ve only seen 1 Lucid in SoCal since it was released. Lol

I saw one in Arcadia while driving down Santa Anita last week - I think it was a gold DE...and another (Oregon plates) at Santa Anita golf course parking lot 1-2 months ago

Back