Gravity Launch

Socially we have not heard a lot of news in the 2020's, IMO. I don't want to turn this politicial, but after that journalists death I have not seen that much mainstream news that has been bought to my attention.
This will be the last post about this, so that we don't turn this political, but that it wasn't reported doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's worth researching.

All that said, I do not think the average American consumer will think one iota about it.

Lots of people are worried and I would lying if I didn’t include myself in that group. The product is just too good to fail. All we can do is be good ambassadors and spread positive feedback about the vehicle and constructive non-reactionary criticism when appropriate.
It very well could fail but as I have been saying, I believe Toyota would be the perfect landing spot and they could land Lucid under the Lexus umbrella.
Back to the Gravity, glad they did some listening and now the seat colors match row to row and they have a black carpet with saddle leather in the Tahoe theme. Plus the fob was upgraded.

All that said, I do not think the average American consumer will think one iota about it.
No, the PIF reliance (much more now than before I bought the Air) was something I hesitated over when making my decision. Walking around head-to-toe in black in 100+ degree temperatures with the Mutawa (Religious Police) ready to hit you with a stick if your headscarf came off is something you should experience sometime - especially when you see men wearing a nice sun-reflecting brilliant white. It may not rate in the upper quadrant of factors, but it shouldn't be pooh-poohed either.

It very well could fail but as I have been saying, I believe Toyota would be the perfect landing spot and they could land Lucid under the Lexus umbrella.
Back to the Gravity, glad they did some listening and now the seat colors match row to row and they have a black carpet with saddle leather in the Tahoe theme. Plus the fob was upgraded.

Dark colored carpet is a must; I regret getting mine with Santa Cruz carpet, although I have kept it pretty clean. Part of the appeal ( for me anyway ) with the Gravity , will be it’s capability in winter conditions, which I think will be fantastic.

While I worry about Lucid ( it’s only natural when you enjoy a product so much and times are tough ) , I think they will be OK.

I had a loaner for more than a week with the white carpet, and I hated it... I missed the Mojave in my own AGT. I wonder if the new fob will work with the Air and if it will be available for sale prior to Gravity landing.

I don't expect a ton of preorders because the market for $80k+ EV SUV isn't all that big. Especially in the current climate. It's bigger than the Air's market. Maybe even double or triple. But we're not talking in the hundreds of thousands here. More like 20-30k.

And that would still be triple what they've been able to produce in a year so far.

They may get a few more preorders than that. They had what, 25k Air preorders at one point? And they've converted how many into actual sales? The world has changed significantly in the past few years.

Refundable deposits are not a very good indicator of reality. They are useful maybe for Wall Street.

But even building 20k Gravity in six months would put a massive strain on the service department. They are no where near being ready for that big an influx of customers.
Demand could be higher than you think. SUV’s represent 50% of the US automotive market and growing, so that’s about 9 million SUVs annually. The SUV/pickup segment is where all of the excitement and investment has been in the past 20 years. $80k is not that high of a price point for SUVs. Even Fords and Chevys easily surpass that level. SUVs are close to 4x the market size of sedans which are in a market share free fall. So, what is the total addressable market for Gravity? If it is viewed favorably by consumers, it is not hard to picture sales of 50-75k vehicles per year after production ramp up in a couple years. That’s well under 1% segment market share.

The Cadillac Lyriq might be a good comparable to study. The 2023 edition sold out in 24 hours at $70k. The 2024 is priced at $80k, orders are open, but GM can’t figure out how to scale production. They sell every unit they can make and it doesn’t have anything close to the design thoughtfulness of Gravity.

The Cadillac Lyriq might be a good comparable to study. The 2023 edition sold out in 24 hours at $70k. The 2024 is priced at $80k, orders are open, but GM can’t figure out how to scale production. They sell every unit they can make and it doesn’t have anything close to the design thoughtfulness of Gravity.
This is a good point. I drove the Lyriq this weekend (albeit very briefly). It was a fine car, but nothing to write home about. If it’s selling at all well, Gravity should do fine. It beats the Caddy on just about every front.

Gravity is starting under $80k. Not sure what you're talking about. The "doom and gloom" and death of Lucid has been greatly exaggerated.
View attachment 16481

Yeah, you're right; but, it's also important to keep in mind that in terms of social liberties, the Saudis have a lot of room for improvement, to say the least.
Do u think an $80k car will be delivered in 2024? Doubtful! They will deliver a few higher priced cars in 2024 and then eventually deliver a Pure version in 2025.
With regard to doom and gloom the $4 stock price reflects less than confidence in the company. I think the new Gravity is great. I just worry they won’t make it on time and then what?

5, 6, and 7, according to some reports. So the middle captain’s chairs are still supposedly coming.

Rear row will definitely be optional. Leaving them out will gain you some more usable storage space in a sub trunk, where those seats usually get stowed.
For the sake of resale value, I think that it would be smarter to buy trim with 3rd row. You don't have to use them. I'd wager that any buyer looking for a used Gravity, will also want 3 rows. If you absolutely have to have 2 rows, wait for the Gravity (Small SUV) in 2026/2027.

Do u think an $80k car will be delivered in 2024? Doubtful! They will deliver a few higher priced cars in 2024 and then eventually deliver a Pure version in 2025.
With regard to doom and gloom the $4 stock price reflects less than confidence in the company. I think the new Gravity is great. I just worry they won’t make it on time and then what?

It will be in early 2025 for base trim. They will get in Fed Tax credit and 2025 NACS port deployment. Don’t lose sleep on it.

I think the fate of the company is already dependent on Saudi support. That scares me. I think that is a concern for a lot of buyers. I can’t see sales of the current models increasing very much for the next year. There is just not enough demand for expensive Sedans. Three years ago,on this forum, I said they could possibly sell 10,000 cars a year. That’s where they are at now. They must be able to hit a late 2024 Gravity delivery date with an under $110,000 car. I don’t think they can do that.
I disagree about ability to sell becauise of PIF involvement.And so what about Saudi support? Dont use Uber then or Twitter. Or use gasoline. Still want to buy that Apple product made in China? i can go on and on. In this era of globalization, that is a very primitive way of looking at things. Do you know that Lucid employs thousands of Americans. You will be doing America a favor by buying a Lucid and paying taxes on it and supporting many American families. Your negativity is outstanding!

No, the PIF reliance (much more now than before I bought the Air) was something I hesitated over when making my decision. Walking around head-to-toe in black in 100+ degree temperatures with the Mutawa (Religious Police) ready to hit you with a stick if your headscarf came off is something you should experience sometime - especially when you see men wearing a nice sun-reflecting brilliant white. It may not rate in the upper quadrant of factors, but it shouldn't be pooh-poohed either.
Please don’t assume. I have family in Israel and I taught computer science to Israeli and Palestinian teenagers from the West Bank and all around Israel; I’m very familiar with it, but assumptions aren’t always what they seem.

I’m not defending anything about the Saudis, but you may be surprised that the reason many desert-dwellers and nomadic tribes, like the Bedouin, for example, wear all black is because it makes them perspire, and is actually more cooling in the desert than white, which would reflect more heat but still keep them hot and dry. I learned this from spending time in the Negev with a bunch of beautiful Bedouin people who made the most incredible coffee I’ve ever tasted.

You won’t hear me defend Saudi politics; but I am not going to poo-poo an attempt to make the world greener either.

That sort of speculation is not helpful to anything. If they don’t make it, they get acquired or die. The end. Likely the former, because their tech is insane and world-leading.

But that is *always* true. OpenAI just proved that you can absolutely shoot yourself in the foot and don’t need anybody’s help.

So instead of asking the question of what happens if they fail, which can certainly happen, but for which the outcomes are well known… perhaps focus on the question of how to help them succeed, or at least what they need to do to make it happen, eh?

You won’t hear me defend Saudi politics; but I am not going to poo-poo an attempt to make the world greener either.

So instead of asking the question of what happens if they fail, which can certainly happen, but for which the outcomes are well known… perhaps focus on the question of how to help them succeed, or at least what they need to do to make it happen, eh?
I really like the Gravity, and I wish I could justify getting an SUV (my plywood-toting habits notwithstanding), especially the new "clear cockpit", the horizontal tablet that is a bit higher and the proposed UX. Yet again, I think that there was so much thought put into the packaging and utility that it deserves serious consideration. I think I've prove that self-interest still wins out over altruism by not only opting to buy the car, but to do it at full price. The charging infrastructure (or lack thereof) and my driving habits absolutely necessitated a longer range EV. Yes, I even bought some stock, and it is one of those things you put in the drawer and don't obsess over - it's a long-term investment for me (or not). I'm not a techie nor a hardcore car buff (I am learning quite a bit from everyone in the forum), but the emphasis on efficiency, no matter if the EPA ratings fall short in practice, still puts the usable range of this car above others (especially in colder weather) and shows forward momentum. The incorporation of the higher speed/faster charging emphasis is a real nod to at least trying to answer the other big sticking point for EV adoption. In my "sunny" world, I'm hoping Gravity does really establish the tech and brand and allow the company to realize their lower-price model development. I want to hear more of you folks saying you'd consider it.

I really like the Gravity, and I wish I could justify getting an SUV (my plywood-toting habits notwithstanding), especially the new "clear cockpit", the horizontal tablet that is a bit higher and the proposed UX. Yet again, I think that there was so much thought put into the packaging and utility that it deserves serious consideration. I think I've prove that self-interest still wins out over altruism by not only opting to buy the car, but to do it at full price. The charging infrastructure (or lack thereof) and my driving habits absolutely necessitated a longer range EV. Yes, I even bought some stock, and it is one of those things you put in the drawer and don't obsess over - it's a long-term investment for me (or not). I'm not a techie nor a hardcore car buff (I am learning quite a bit from everyone in the forum), but the emphasis on efficiency, no matter if the EPA ratings fall short in practice, still puts the usable range of this car above others (especially in colder weather) and shows forward momentum. The incorporation of the higher speed/faster charging emphasis is a real nod to at least trying to answer the other big sticking point for EV adoption. In my "sunny" world, I'm hoping Gravity does really establish the tech and brand and allow the company to realize their lower-price model development. I want to hear more of you folks saying you'd consider it.

I am definitely considering it.

Maybe an Air owner has experienced this: a huge crack in the windshield from a rock ding that requires the windshield to be replaced. That sounds like major surgery, and very, very expensive. I have had rock dings over the years and had to replace windshields. It seems like this issue will be even worse with the Gravity.

Also, my wife hates glass roofs. I could live with it, but it definitely isn't something I would choose if given the option. What I really want is an opening roof that can be covered.

Maybe an Air owner has experienced this: a huge crack in the windshield from a rock ding that requires the windshield to be replaced. That sounds like major surgery, and very, very expensive. I have had rock dings over the years and had to replace windshields. It seems like this issue will be even worse with the Gravity.

Also, my wife hates glass roofs. I could live with it, but it definitely isn't something I would choose if given the option. What I really want is an opening roof that can be covered.
According to folks here on the forum, the Air’s windshield costs $2,500 to replace. Not cheap. But there is insurance for that. I have a glass clause in my policy that covers any glass damage with no deductible.

Gravity will likely have a metal roof option. I don’t have any inside knowledge on that, but Air can be purchased with a metal roof, so it seems logical the more “rugged” SUV would also be available in metal.

People told me about that GT all dome glass roof and windshield is a liability. I have accrued 17k miles, most of it is in high speed. I have zero issue. Maybe bc the car is so ergonomic with low drag and they use better materials. I was more concerned driving it thru NM and AZ. But nope!(Knock on wood)

I disagree about ability to sell becauise of PIF involvement.And so what about Saudi support? Dont use Uber then or Twitter. Or use gasoline. Still want to buy that Apple product made in China? i can go on and on. In this era of globalization, that is a very primitive way of looking at things. Do you know that Lucid employs thousands of Americans. You will be doing America a favor by buying a Lucid and paying taxes on it and supporting many American families. Your negativity is outstanding!
What I said was,’ the fate of the company depends on Saudi support…..”. Meaning if they pull the Plug the company as we know it is finished. I think people are concerned about buying an expensive car and not knowing it’s fate. I’m not talking about the political aspect. By the way there are not too many companies outside of Oil owned 90% by the Saudi’s. Not interested in getting in a debate with you. More interested in getting a Gravity from a successful company. I look forward to Lucid being that company.

Something I didn't think about or notice, and blew my mind when they said you could have seven people, one checked bag, and six carryons - when the third row seats are up, you gain that usable storage in the sub-trunk; you just lose the flat storage. That storage in the subtrunk where the seats go is massive, as it has to fit that third row, and will fit a ton of luggage.

I hadn't considered that, but it's a big deal.
That's just another day in the minivan life 🤣

What I said was,’ the fate of the company depends on Saudi support…..”. Meaning if they pull the Plug the company as we know it is finished. I think people are concerned about buying an expensive car and not knowing it’s fate. I’m not talking about the political aspect. By the way there are not too many companies outside of Oil owned 90% by the Saudi’s. Not interested in getting in a debate with you. More interested in getting a Gravity from a successful company. I look forward to Lucid being that company.
They won't pull the rug. They made Lucid build a factory in Saudi- first vehicular manufacturing plant in the Middle East- a sense of pride. PIF is worth 850 billion. Hyundai building a factory as well. Saudi's have enough money to throw at Lucid ( small change for them ) to support it until it establishes. They are buying rare earth minerals from Africa to establish battery plant. Right next to the Red Sea port for easy export to Europe and Asia. Saudi want to make that are a world manufacturing hub. They have to diversify, they have to make this work, they have the money to do that. That is why Lucid hasn't gone under and never will ( probably not never but 1% chance of failure in my books).

World is going EV, everyone I talk to is thinking about an EV, ICE has lost its allure. Only reason growth of EV dropped ( sales still increasing ) is the high interest rates and expensive models. This will revert. Another big plus for Lucid is their expansion into Midelle East buffers them from economic conditions in US.

I've owned many luxury cars, had my Lucid for almost a year, but I still want to get in and drive. Amazing engineering! All these rumours about bankruptcy- don't believe the haters out there. Look at the product and decide. Automobile engineering marvel!

Back