hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
This job was posted on the internet 5 days ago, although I don't know how long it's actually been active:

If it's a recent posting, there are a couple of interesting things implied:

1. "Gravity" may be the name that sticks for the final product.

2. The reveal and launch plans are not as far along as we might have hoped. The reveal was originally indicated for the first half of 2023, and that window closes in three weeks.

Meanwhile, the last 3 sales on Carsandbids.com had brand new Rivian R1S models selling in the upper $80k range. Several of which had nice upgrades. I really hope that the Gravity isn’t launched at a time when there is a glut of EV SUVs.

Meanwhile, the last 3 sales on Carsandbids.com had brand new Rivian R1S models selling in the upper $80k range. Several of which had nice upgrades. I really hope that the Gravity isn’t launched at a time when there is a glut of EV SUVs.
WHEN the Gravity comes out, my sincerest belief is anyone cross shopping the two will look at the R1S and wonder why there is so little room compared to the Gravity.

WHEN the Gravity comes out, my sincerest belief is anyone cross shopping the two will look at the R1S and wonder why there is so little room compared to the Gravity.

Well, it's certainly the reason I dropped my R1S Launch Edition reservation after a 4-year wait. The interior space turned out to be a real disappointment, especially in the 3rd row.

I decided to do the obvious and give Lucid Sales a call to inquire when Gravity reservations would open up. No date yet -- just a "before too long".

However, the sales rep made an interesting comment, saying some are already being built. I assume that means test prototypes but am wondering whether it also means Lucid is already doing production test runs.

Honestly, this is funny because its the exact predicament I(and my family) are in. First we think of the model x as a good EV suv. Then we realize the R1S is better. Then we realize the gravity is better in all ways. Its really stupid mainly because we have to wait for the gravity, and if we got the gravity we wouldnt get the air.(we dont want two of the same brands)

Honestly, this is funny because its the exact predicament I(and my family) are in. First we think of the model x as a good EV suv. Then we realize the R1S is better. Then we realize the gravity is better in all ways. Its really stupid mainly because we have to wait for the gravity, and if we got the gravity we wouldnt get the air.(we dont want two of the same brands)
With that attitude your family is never going to buy a new car.

With that attitude your family is never going to buy a new car.
Considering we are getting two cars(one suv one sedan), I think we already figured out the sedan side(its probably an i7 or an Air). SUV side is worth waiting, because there is so much good stuff coming out(think: id buzz, gravity, even lotus eletre to an extent)

Clearly the Gravity will best Rivian in almost all categories. I just hope the economy holds up and demand doesn’t dwindle by that time.

The big advantage Rivian has is launching at a time when demand is off the charts. Where I live I’m starting to see them everywhere and they now have a ton of brand awareness. Lucid is wise to not launch until they have a proven product, but I think they should be more proactive in providing guidance on price point and timing, so that people like me can decide to wait for the Gravity or “settle” for an R1S.

I have a feeling it wont actually launch until end of 2024 or later. Surely it'll get announced soon though.
I mean, technically it already got "announced," what we are waiting for is the full reveal although we already have a pretty good idea of how the car looks.

The R1S is an SUV not a crossover.

I mean, technically it already got "announced," what we are waiting for is the full reveal although we already have a pretty good idea of how the car looks.
Yeah for sure. I'm basically looking to get an AIr till then but I'm putting a res down as soon as they open it up. I think I read somewhere that Air owners would get first priority at res?

Yeah for sure. I'm basically looking to get an AIr till then but I'm putting a res down as soon as they open it up. I think I read somewhere that Air owners would get first priority at res?
Please post if you find/remember were you read that. I'm definitely reserving on day 1. If the Gravity is anything like the Lucid in Space and Drive - I'm definitely getting one.

Please post if you find/remember were you read that. I'm definitely reserving on day 1. If the Gravity is anything like the Lucid in Space and Drive - I'm definitely getting one.

Its on this page that mentions the official site has mentioned it. Not sure where exactly on the official site though.

Its on this page that mentions the official site has mentioned it. Not sure where exactly on the official site though.
Thanks! usually when a car has five, six, or seven adult option, the third row will not be adult sized. I hope this is not the case.
...and it is very likely Air owners will receive emails when reservations open before the rest of the world, but I believe after reservations that priority will still be in the build/trim selected order

Back