Gravity Features

Whether to wait longer for the base trim will probably be the question that I face. And---just to use my own family as an example---I am not sure what decision we will make.

By late 2023, we really needed to add a second car. My wife wanted it to be a 3-row SUV. We almost pulled the trigger on an EV9 this past winter/spring, in addition to having "reservations" for an R1S and an EX90. But I was able to convince my wife we could wait a little longer for an SUV, including thanks to a nice 18-month lease deal on an Air Pure.

I have been excited about Gravity ever since the teaser video nearly two years ago. But if we are facing an indefinite wait for the base trim, we will have a tough decision to make of whether to hold out or to get an EV9 or EX90, instead. (To be clear, I'm not complaining---I knew this would be a risk---and I fully agree that the Gravity will be a superior vehicle to those others.)

To tie this back to the thread topic, I would be willing to forego a lot of the exciting premium features (rear-wheel steering, air suspension, enhanced HUD, 440+ miles of range) in a base trim; all I really need is a good range figure, some towing capability, and lane keep assist).
I don’t think it will be an indefinite wait. But I have no idea how long it will be. I suspect they’ll try to define it when the other trims launch.

Whether to wait longer for the base trim will probably be the question that I face. And---just to use my own family as an example---I am not sure what decision we will make.

By late 2023, we really needed to add a second car. My wife wanted it to be a 3-row SUV. We almost pulled the trigger on an EV9 this past winter/spring, in addition to having "reservations" for an R1S and an EX90. But I was able to convince my wife we could wait a little longer for an SUV, including thanks to a nice 18-month lease deal on an Air Pure.

I have been excited about Gravity ever since the teaser video nearly two years ago. But if we are facing an indefinite wait for the base trim, we will have a tough decision to make of whether to hold out or to get an EV9 or EX90, instead. (To be clear, I'm not complaining---I knew this would be a risk---and I fully agree that the Gravity will be a superior vehicle to those others.)

To tie this back to the thread topic, I would be willing to forego a lot of the exciting premium features (rear-wheel steering, air suspension, enhanced HUD, 440+ miles of range) in a base trim; all I really need is a good range figure, some towing capability, and lane keep assist).
From reading the 2020 press release for the unveiling of Air, a timeline of availability for each trim level was provided. However, I think that timeline ended up being off by about six months (later). It would be nice if Lucid provides a similar timeline for the Gravity.

I feel for you. It's a tough position to be in. Not a good feeling to feel like you're settling for less, but you do what you have to do.

Worst case you can probably get a short lease on the EV9 to tide you over - Kia is offering some huge incentives now.

I paid a premium for my EV6 and now it has 17k worth of incentives thrown in 🙃

I chose an 18-month Air lease specifically to get a Gravity. After 18 months, all the kinks should be ironed out, and availability will probably be much more reasonable.

Back