hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
There is a profusion of reports on Gravity features, some from authoritative sources but much based purely on speculation. Perhaps we can use this thread to list the features that have been identified by authoritative sources? By that, I mean by people speaking officially on behalf of Lucid or reputable auto journalists who identify their sources as Lucid official spokespeople. I also think every item added on this list should give the source that said the feature would be available.

I'll start with the ones I can remember from the past few days:

Heads-Up Display (per Derek Jenkins at the 5:30 mark in this video: )

It was not clear whether this would be a standard or an optional item.

~120kWh battery pack (per Peter Rawlinson during his launch remarks at the LA Auto Show). Derek Jenkins said in a subsequent interview that they have not yet decided on availability and capacity of a smaller battery pack.

Panasonic battery cells for the Gravity (per Peter Rawlinson in 2022 interview: https://insideevs.com/news/626398/lucid-air-gravity-panasonic-batteries/)

The frunk and trunk will be powered (but they're not on the preproduction models).

The rear seats will not be powered, but will be spring assisted to make storing and restoring easier. Same with folding the middle row.

Wait, don't they have the ability to recline and move back and forth electronically?
I honestly thought the 2nd row was powered. We shall see!

I honestly thought the 2nd row was powered. We shall see!
I believe that the seat will be powered to be able to move forward when loading the third row and for the slight recline that it has, but the full fold will be manual. The latter point is what Peter said at the VIP event when I asked.

I believe that the seat will be powered to be able to move forward when loading the third row and for the slight recline that it has, but the full fold will be manual. The latter point is what Peter said at the VIP event when I asked.
Is it even possible to do that? Wouldnt the seats be connected to the motors regardless?

Then again, this hasnt been finalized yet. We should probably refrain from speculation with no evidence outside of reviewers pointing it out.

Ok, “HUD with visual cue”. Lucid is listening to this forum. 😊

In R1S, moving forward for 3rd row is manual. Full fold will be push of a button from rear cabin. So it is actually the other way around with Gravity. But with that kind of fold to flat floor design, it will be very popular for shoppers with utility in mind.

Do the middle seats recline?
Yes. From what I could see on the show car and what I’ve seen the execs demoing the car do, the middle seats appear to be adjustable via electronic controls, much like the front seats. They likely have fewer bells and whistles. But they do move forward and back, and recline angle can be set.

Yes. From what I could see on the show car and what I’ve seen the execs demoing the car do, the middle seats appear to be adjustable via electronic controls, much like the front seats. They likely have fewer bells and whistles. But they do move forward and back, and recline angle can be set.
I do wonder why the 6 seat option was not shown, especially considering that is likely to be the most popular. Maybe they are positioning the 6er as a chauffeur oriented version?

I do wonder why the 6 seat option was not shown, especially considering that is likely to be the most popular. Maybe they are positioning the 6er as a chauffeur oriented version?
To me, the six seat option makes the least sense. But what do I know? I don’t even like SUVs.

Seems to me I’d either want as much cargo space as possible (5-seat option) or as many people I can carry as possible (7-seat option). Seems silly to make a fifth passenger climb all the way into the way back. That’s less convenient than my Air.

But as for the reason not to show the 6-seat? I’d say it’s just practicality. Much easier to build the two show cars with similar seats. The captain’s chairs might not even be finished with design yet for all we know.

To me, the six seat option makes the least sense. But what do I know? I don’t even like SUVs.

Seems to me I’d either want as much cargo space as possible (5-seat option) or as many people I can carry as possible (7-seat option). Seems silly to make a fifth passenger climb all the way into the way back. That’s less convenient than my Air.
I see it as common because families are traditionally(and most commonly) 3-4 people, and more shoulder space along with the armrests make a difference.

Most other cars have a useless middle seat, but the Lucid does not(that’s why captains are so popular in other SUVs, might as well create some space for third row passengers to stretch out). Therefore, I believe lucid is making it an executive option. The captains would be needed so that the seats can be individually divided and bolstered.

Do the middle seats recline?
You can see the seat control in this pic:
20231117_201145.jpg

I have not been able to find any photos or videos that show sunshades in the second-row passenger windows, such as the Air has. Has anyone detected their presence? As the Gravity rear windows are considerably larger, I'd be surprised if it didn't have them.

I have not been able to find any photos or videos that show sunshades in the second-row passenger windows, such as the Air has. Has anyone detected their presence? As the Gravity rear windows are considerably larger, I'd be surprised if it didn't have them.
According to the preprod prototype, it does not have them. I too would view it as weird if it didnt have them for the final version.
655640124ca513d8242a94d5

But as for the reason not to show the 6-seat? I’d say it’s just practicality. Much easier to build the two show cars with similar seats. The captain’s chairs might not even be finished with design yet for all we know.

According to a November 16 "Motor Trend" article, "we're told a six-passenger Gravity with second-row captain's chairs is being considered for later on."

I was planning on a Dream Edition with the captains chairs. Is it possible the top trim Gravity won't offer them . . . or that they might never arrive? (Back when we were speculating about power-operated doors in the Air, some Design Studios told people that power-operated doors were not ready for the time Dream Edition production start but would come later. They never did. One service tech even told me you could tell which Air had the power-operated doors by the presence of a piston plunger in the door instead of the metal strip that caught the door when it opened.)

And remember the "executive rear seats" in the Air that were hyped endlessly prior to launch and were actually present in many of the early demo vehicles? I'm pretty sure those plans are long since on the scrap heap.

Last edited:
Further regarding captains chairs: photos and all mention of 6-passenger seating disappeared from Lucid's press release announcing the Gravity reveal:

Likewise, the images of the captains chairs that were until recently under the "Gravity" tab on the Lucid website are now gone and replaced with pictures only of a bench second row.

Further regarding captains chairs: photos and all mention of 6-passenger seating disappeared from Lucid's press release announcing the Gravity reveal:

Likewise, the images of the captains chairs that were until recently under the "Gravity" tab on the Lucid website are now gone and replaced with pictures only of a bench second row.
Uh oh.. is this going to have the same fate as executive seat air?

Back