Lucid Wins “World Luxury Car of Year”

TomFish

Cars
Air DE-P & AMG S65
DE Number
I’ve never heard of this award before, but good news for Lucid!

———————

NEWARK, Calif., April 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucid Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCID), setting new standards with the longest-range, fastest-charging electric car on the market, today announced that the Lucid Air was named the 2023 World Luxury Car of the Year in the prestigious 2023 World Car Awards.

In the World Luxury Car category, Lucid Air was chosen from an initial entry list of sixteen vehicles from all over the world. World Car jurors announced Lucid’s win at an awards ceremony at the 2023 New York International Auto Show. The World Car Awards are voted on by a jury of 100 distinguished international automotive journalists from 32 countries who selected the winners by secret ballot based on their evaluation of each eligible vehicle. (PRNewsfoto/Lucid Group)
In the World Luxury Car category, Lucid Air was chosen from an initial entry list of sixteen vehicles from all over the world. World Car jurors announced Lucid’s win at an awards ceremony at the 2023 New York International Auto Show. The World Car Awards are voted on by a jury of 100 distinguished international automotive journalists from 32 countries who selected the winners by secret ballot based on their evaluation of each eligible vehicle. (PRNewsfoto/Lucid Group)
Lucid Air today was named the 2023 World Luxury Car of the Year in the prestigious 2023 World Car Awards, with Derek Jenkins, SVP of Design and Brand, and Dr. Emad Dlala, VP of Powertrain, accepting the award on behalf of Lucid. (PRNewsfoto/Lucid Group)
Lucid Air today was named the 2023 World Luxury Car of the Year in the prestigious 2023 World Car Awards, with Derek Jenkins, SVP of Design and Brand, and Dr. Emad Dlala, VP of Powertrain, accepting the award on behalf of Lucid. (PRNewsfoto/Lucid Group)

World Car jurors announced Lucid's win at an awards ceremony at the 2023 New York International Auto Show. The World Car Awards are voted on by a jury of 100 distinguished international automotive journalists from 32 countries who selected the winners by secret ballot based on their evaluation of each eligible vehicle.

"We are honored to receive this World Car award, which further reinforces my belief that the Lucid Air is the best car available in the world today," said Peter Rawlinson, CEO and CTO, Lucid Group. "Lucid's renowned in-house powertrain technology endows the Lucid Air with a game-changing electric range of over 500 miles, demonstrating what's possible from a technology company that fuses cutting edge software and hardware. I am extremely proud of the entire Lucid team for this accolade, and l look forward to the future advancements we have planned."

"This honor by the World Car jurors is validation of our goal to create a wholly new luxury sedan experience," said Derek Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Design and Brand, Lucid Group. "The Lucid Air provides outstanding EV range and performance, complemented with a striking exterior design and an award-winning interior, inspired by Lucid's California origins."

In the World Luxury Car category, Lucid Air was chosen from an initial entry list of sixteen (16) vehicles from all over the world, followed by a short list of three finalists as announced on March 7.

In addition to receiving the World Luxury Car of the Year Award, this week in New York, the Lucid Air received the 2023 Newsweek Disruptor Award for Powertrain, in recognition for its groundbreaking EV technology, while also being named to the US News & World Report "2023 Best Hybrid and Electric Cars" list for "Best Luxury Electric Car."

The Lucid Air set a new industry benchmark for range with two versions that were the first EVs to achieve an EPA estimated range above 500 miles (800km). The company set these new standards thanks in part to its holistic focus on range and power, delivering cars capable of supercar levels of performance, super-fast charging, a luxurious and spacious interior, and class-leading aerodynamics.

After 14 months and 17,000 miles of owning a Lucid Air, our car was wrecked when someone turned left in front of us. We are replacing it with an identical Dream P, right down to the color.

This is why:

"In addition to receiving the World Luxury Car of the Year Award, this week in New York, the Lucid Air received the 2023 Newsweek Disruptor Award for Powertrain, in recognition for its groundbreaking EV technology, while also being named to the US News & World Report '2023 Best Hybrid and Electric Cars' list for 'Best Luxury Electric Car.'"

I've owned lots of high-performance and luxury cars, including two Tesla Model S performance versions (currently have a Plaid). The Lucid is the top of the heap . . . and not by a small margin.

After 14 months and 17,000 miles of owning a Lucid Air, our car was wrecked when someone turned left in front of us. We are replacing it with an identical Dream P, right down to the color.

This is why:

"In addition to receiving the World Luxury Car of the Year Award, this week in New York, the Lucid Air received the 2023 Newsweek Disruptor Award for Powertrain, in recognition for its groundbreaking EV technology, while also being named to the US News & World Report '2023 Best Hybrid and Electric Cars' list for 'Best Luxury Electric Car.'"

I've owned lots of high-performance and luxury cars, including two Tesla Model S performance versions (currently have a Plaid). The Lucid is the top of the heap . . . and not by a small margin.
Color? Isn't your replacement red?

I’ve never heard of this award before, but good news for Lucid!

———————

NEWARK, Calif., April 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucid Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCID), setting new standards with the longest-range, fastest-charging electric car on the market, today announced that the Lucid Air was named the 2023 World Luxury Car of the Year in the prestigious 2023 World Car Awards.

World Car jurors announced Lucid's win at an awards ceremony at the 2023 New York International Auto Show. The World Car Awards are voted on by a jury of 100 distinguished international automotive journalists from 32 countries who selected the winners by secret ballot based on their evaluation of each eligible vehicle.

"We are honored to receive this World Car award, which further reinforces my belief that the Lucid Air is the best car available in the world today," said Peter Rawlinson, CEO and CTO, Lucid Group. "Lucid's renowned in-house powertrain technology endows the Lucid Air with a game-changing electric range of over 500 miles, demonstrating what's possible from a technology company that fuses cutting edge software and hardware. I am extremely proud of the entire Lucid team for this accolade, and l look forward to the future advancements we have planned."

"This honor by the World Car jurors is validation of our goal to create a wholly new luxury sedan experience," said Derek Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Design and Brand, Lucid Group. "The Lucid Air provides outstanding EV range and performance, complemented with a striking exterior design and an award-winning interior, inspired by Lucid's California origins."

In the World Luxury Car category, Lucid Air was chosen from an initial entry list of sixteen (16) vehicles from all over the world, followed by a short list of three finalists as announced on March 7.

In addition to receiving the World Luxury Car of the Year Award, this week in New York, the Lucid Air received the 2023 Newsweek Disruptor Award for Powertrain, in recognition for its groundbreaking EV technology, while also being named to the US News & World Report "2023 Best Hybrid and Electric Cars" list for "Best Luxury Electric Car."

The Lucid Air set a new industry benchmark for range with two versions that were the first EVs to achieve an EPA estimated range above 500 miles (800km). The company set these new standards thanks in part to its holistic focus on range and power, delivering cars capable of supercar levels of performance, super-fast charging, a luxurious and spacious interior, and class-leading aerodynamics.
Just thinking it might be cool if Lucid were to make up a tastefully done dash plaque or window sticker or??? … showing the most significant awards including the above as well as Motor Trend COTY etc.
Certainly would be fun to talk about where prospective owners gather around our cars at various meets! Might be limits on what can be done based on trademarks etc. but thought I’d tee it up and see if anyone else thinks it might have potential, including the Lucid folks.

This is why:

First EV but not my first luxury car. This car is the best car I've ever driven and owned. It blows my mind every time I drive it. It's difficult to describe to people how this car drives when they've never driven an EV let alone owned one.

First EV but not my first luxury car. This car is the best car I've ever driven and owned. It blows my mind every time I drive it. It's difficult to describe to people how this car drives when they've never driven an EV let alone owned one.
It really is hard to explain without using excessive hyperbole.

We were heading onto a curved interstate entry ramp the other day in the Tesla Model S Plaid. My partner, who was driving, turned the car a bit too sharp rightward, and he ran over the grooved warning strips for a moment. The Tesla shuddered and rattled as if it were going to break up. All I could think was how little this would have perturbed the Air.

We were heading onto a curved interstate entry ramp the other day in the Tesla Model S Plaid. My partner, who was driving, turned the car a bit too sharp rightward, and he ran over the grooved warning strips for a moment. The Tesla shuddered and rattled as if it were going to break up. All I could think was how little this would have perturbed the Air.
Perturbed is a great word to describe how great our beautiful and luxurious tank would have responded to those warning strips.

Back