Speculation Gravity Features

I think I remember either Derek Jenkins or Erich Bach on some video mentioning that the height adjustment range was near 6 inches, but whoever said it did not give the maximum and minimum ground clearances.
I remember hearing 9" total in height adjustment at the LA Auto Show but no mention of ground clearance. I could be mistaken though. I also remember hearing something about a HUD that shows as not available in this review.

I also remember hearing something about a HUD that shows as not available in this review.

I also heard a HUD mentioned in one of the interviews with Lucid personnel, but nothing since. In fact, another Lucid staff member mentioned that the combination of the squircle and the raised Glass Cockpit put all the relevant information in the driver's line of sight -- a point I took to imply that a HUD would be superfluous. I've driven a couple of cars with HUDs, and the only feature that ever appealed to me was the overlay on NAV directional signals on the actual turns ahead. But for that feature not to be more confusing than helpful, you'd have to be using more precise mapping than HERE currently offers.

P.S. I did not get an autocorrect alert when I typed "squircle". I guess that term has taken root in our vocabulary . . . sigh. I just hope when I finally try it, I don't feel compelled to name it a "squeel". (We're getting the yoke on our Model S swapped for a wheel on the 18th, at which point I might not mind occasionally driving that car again.)

I also heard a HUD mentioned in one of the interviews with Lucid personnel, but nothing since. In fact, another Lucid staff member mentioned that the combination of the squircle and the raised Glass Cockpit put all the relevant information in the driver's line of sight -- a point I took to imply that a HUD would be superfluous. I've driven a couple of cars with HUDs, and the only feature that ever appealed to me was the overlay on NAV directional signals on the actual turns ahead. But for that feature not to be more confusing than helpful, you'd have to be using more precise mapping than HERE currently offers.

P.S. I did not get an autocorrect alert when I typed "squircle". I guess that term has taken root in our vocabulary . . . sigh. I just hope when I finally try it, I don't feel compelled to name it a "squeel". (We're getting the yoke on our Model S swapped for a wheel on the 18th, at which point I might not mind occasionally driving that car again.)
Let's put it this way, Peter REALLY wants a HUD in the Gravity. Source: my ears.

(We're getting the yoke on our Model S swapped for a wheel on the 18th, at which point I might not mind occasionally driving that car again.)
I had mentioned early on, when Tesla first showed the yoke, what a huge mistake that would be. They didn’t listen to me and are now in good company with my wife. ;)

I remember hearing 9" total in height adjustment at the LA Auto Show but no mention of ground clearance.

I did a little digging this morning and found an interview with Derek Jenkins. He was discussing airflow management of the Gravity and said that at 45mph the car drops "about 40mm" to lower drag. He did not specify from what height.

I cannot believe that's the limit of height adjustment that will be available for this vehicle. There has been mention of an air suspension option called "Zero Gravity", claiming four ride height levels that can be set automatically or manually. Maybe the 6" or 9" figures we think we remember hearing about referred to the adjustment range with this optional suspension, and Jenkins was referring to the air flow adjustment of the base suspension?

His comments are at 20:46 in this video:

P.S. I did not get an autocorrect alert when I typed "squircle". I guess that term has taken root in our vocabulary . . . sigh.
I first remember seeing that term to describe the new taillights specific to the C4 Corvette ZR1. It was controversial then too.

(We're getting the yoke on our Model S swapped for a wheel on the 18th, at which point I might not mind occasionally driving that car again.)
Been driving this MS from Turo last 10 days. You can see the wear and tear on the corners of yoke wheel in merely 2.5 years old car. Turo owner told me Tesla said will replace these as there was manufacturing issue. I don’t know…
27162EF1-21DD-4D98-AEF4-88D8A7086172.jpeg

My muscle memory already adapted to this yoke wheel, but what is really bad design is that honk horn button floating around whoever you turn the wheel. That is stupidity! It should always stay in center of wheel. At the moment of emergency, there is no time to look where the horn button moved to.

Been driving this MS from Turo last 10 days. You can see the wear and tear on the corners of yoke wheel in merely 2.5 years old car. Turo owner told me Tesla said will replace these as there was manufacturing issue. I don’t know…
View attachment 19145
My muscle memory already adapted to this yoke wheel, but what is really bad design is that honk horn button floating around whoever you turn the wheel. That is stupidity! It should always stay in center of wheel. At the moment of emergency, there is no time to look where the horn button moved to.

The yoke on our Tesla has also shed three plugs of its covering. We were given a choice of having it replaced with a wheel at no charge or waiting until new yokes become available with this problem corrected. We are opting for the wheel, which will be installed on March 18.

Not only the horn button, but the inept placement of the turn signal buttons also plagues me. They are not intuitive in the best of circumstances, but trying to find the correct button to press if you want to engage the signal while going around a curve is a downright challenge.

Other companies have done a yoke much better. In Ferraris the button for each turn signal is located on that respective side of the wheel. The Ferrari also has variable ratio steering which makes it much easier to use the yoke at low speeds.

Back