Gravity Features

DE may not be limited at all.

I've wondered about that as a possibility. Any insight on whether the differences might go beyond just the cosmetic and/or an extended option list for cabin and software features?

I've wondered about that as a possibility. Any insight on whether the differences might go beyond just the cosmetic and/or an extended option list for cabin and software features?
Nah, we don’t know anything yet. But there’s been talk of DEs not being numbered and/or not being limited. But there’s also been talk of the opposite, so as of now it’s still unclear.

Our EV9 has these same tires, and from what I could tell from my research (I wanted to see if there were more efficient tires), they have some of the lowest rolling resistances in the segment. So yes, Lucid may be using Hankook as the "range-optimized" tire and it seems like a common choice for these EV SUVS.

One thing I'm confused about.. what is the purpose of the old Pirelli LM1 then? We've seen Gravity with Michelin, Pirelli, AND Hankook tires at this point. That's a lot of tire manufacturers for just one car.
InsideEVs just came out with an article on the Hankook iON aftermarket EV tires https://insideevs-com.cdn.ampprojec.../amp/?amp_js_v=0.1&_gsa=1#webview=1&cap=swipe . The article makes it sound like these are amazing tires, and a good choice for replacement of the original tires when the time comes. I haven't heard of anyone trying these Hankooks on an Air yet. Anyone out there?

InsideEVs just came out with an article on the Hankook iON aftermarket EV tires https://insideevs-com.cdn.ampprojec.../amp/?amp_js_v=0.1&_gsa=1#webview=1&cap=swipe . The article makes it sound like these are amazing tires, and a good choice for replacement of the original tires when the time comes. I haven't heard of anyone trying these Hankooks on an Air yet. Anyone out there?

I've used Hankook tires a couple of times and been impressed.

However, the phrase that opens their mission statement -- "we will indulge in tireless research" -- is a bit odd for a tire manufacturer. Also, I think of research as something in which one engages, not in which one indulges.

Last edited:
The following article has some very specific claims about the Gravity Dream Edition, just some of them being:

- 124 kWh battery pack with 122 kWh usable
- base suspension is coil spring with air suspension optional
- 800-volt architecture
- no heat pump

On the other hand, they give specific tire sizes but indicate no front-to-rear stagger in diameter, while Lucid has specifically indicated staggered diameters.

I wonder what the source of this information is and whether any of it is verifiable currently?

One discrepancy in the article is the location of the charging port. When I visited the Lucid Studio in Pasadena, the display model Gravity had its port in front of the driver’s door. However, the Lucid manager informed me that the charge port in the production vehicles will be rear drivers side. It will be NACS confirmed by the LS manager.

The following article has some very specific claims about the Gravity Dream Edition, just some of them being:

- 124 kWh battery pack with 122 kWh usable
- base suspension is coil spring with air suspension optional
- 800-volt architecture
- no heat pump

On the other hand, they give specific tire sizes but indicate no front-to-rear stagger in diameter, while Lucid has specifically indicated staggered diameters.

I wonder what the source of this information is and whether any of it is verifiable currently?

This is the same website that you found the fake charging curve from. It was mostly debunked to be a hoax, as seen in this page: https://lucidowners.com/threads/gravity-features.7216/post-192650

We already know that there is no coil suspension option, and we also are 99 percent sure it has a 924 volt architecture (the same goes for the heat pump). I don't believe this website.

The one missing performance aspect of these tires, not mentioned, is ride quality. For me that’s one of the important qualities of a tire. It may be great, but I just didn’t see it mentioned.

Coming off the Torrance event over the weekend, it does appear that the Gravity will have second-row captains chairs available . . . but not until late 2025 and thus not with the Dream Edition. Drat.

Word was that they will be capable of folding to form a flat cargo bed just like the bench seat.

No mention that I've been able to find of whether the Dream drive train will be different from the lower trim versions.

Coming off the Torrance event over the weekend, it does appear that the Gravity will have second-row captains chairs available . . . but not until late 2025 and thus not with the Dream Edition. Drat.

Word was that they will be capable of folding to form a flat cargo bed just like the bench seat.

No mention that I've been able to find of whether the Dream drive train will be different from the lower trim versions.
It always interests me how we all want different things. For my part I’m continuing to take serious look at the Gravity exactly because of its seven-seat capacity, which we lost when we gave up our Honda Odyssey minivan, and replaced it with our six-seat Model X instead.

The mid-row captains chairs certainly give the cabin a more premium feel, but in my use case more mundane considerations have to hold sway instead - like carting around all my surviving, elderly, mobility-compromised family members.

The one missing performance aspect of these tires, not mentioned, is ride quality. For me that’s one of the important qualities of a tire. It may be great, but I just didn’t see it mentioned.

Yes. I’m interested in this aspect too. Will the Gravity be as engaging to drive as my Air? I really hope so. Our first Tesla was a Model S. The Model X we purchased a year later was such a come down, as far driving experience is concerned. I’m driving it around right now, but I’m not enjoying it.

It always interests me how we all want different things. For my part I’m continuing to take serious look at the Gravity exactly because of its seven-seat capacity, which we lost when we gave up our Honda Odyssey minivan, and replaced it with our six-seat Model X instead.

The mid-row captains chairs certainly give the cabin a more premium feel, but in my use case more mundane considerations have to hold sway instead - like carting around all my surviving, elderly, mobility-compromised family members.

I would like to see captain's chairs as an option. I certainly do not advocate eliminating the bench seats as standard for the very reasons you give, especially for this vehicle category.

Yes. I’m interested in this aspect too. Will the Gravity be as engaging to drive as my Air? I really hope so. Our first Tesla was a Model S. The Model X we purchased a year later was such a come down, as far driving experience is concerned. I’m driving it around right now, but I’m not enjoying it.
A Lucid team member mentioned that the Gravity handles better than a Cayenne. I think for an SUV, it'll be great.

A Lucid team member mentioned that the Gravity handles better than a Cayenne. I think for an SUV, it'll be great.

Better than a Cayenne? That’s saying a lot, having driven my sister-in-law’s. Hers isn’t the turbo model either, but I remember it being a lot of fun to drive. Not such a chore.

A misstatement that's since been debunked by Lucid. Some prototypes had two ports for test purposes. Production vehicles will have only one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 5.50.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 5.50.48 PM.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 44
I guess I can see the appeal of the captain's chairs, but at that point you're only capable of carrying one more person than the Air. With a ton of tradeoffs in size, weight, range, etc.

Sure, the cargo hauling capabilities are better, but I can't imagine that being the primary use case for a 3-row vehicle.

I guess I can see the appeal of the captain's chairs, but at that point you're only capable of carrying one more person than the Air. With a ton of tradeoffs in size, weight, range, etc.

Sure, the cargo hauling capabilities are better, but I can't imagine that being the primary use case for a 3-row vehicle.

A frequent use case for our Honda minivan that a Gravity would replace is to transport 3 older couples on longish day trips. Sometimes we are only 5, but the Lucid rear seat is not really ideal for three older adults, especially with the high floorboard of the larger battery pack.

Captain's chairs would be a nice thing to offer, if done well. (Not all are, though.)

I know how complex the engineering of a new vehicle is, but the Gravity has been under development since before the Air was released. I'm a little surprised that captain's chairs are still more than a year away. They aren't exactly an all-new concept.

Back