Speculation Gravity Features

According to the preprod prototype, it does not have them. I too would view it as weird if it didnt have them for the final version.
655640124ca513d8242a94d5
Those look like sunshades to me? Zoom in on the top of the window, and you’ll see the rectangular cutout for where a window shade would go, same as the Air.

I was planning on a Dream Edition with the captains chairs. Is it possible the top trim Gravity won't offer them . . . or that they might never arrive? (Back when we were speculating about power-operated doors in the Air, some Design Studios told people that power-operated doors were not ready for the time Dream Edition production start but would come later. They never did.
The DE has basically no chance of coming with captains chairs, if I were to guess. That design isn’t finalized and may or may not ever be, though it is currently planned.

My guess is the DE comes in 5 and 7 seat varieties, or possibly 7 seat only.

Last edited:
Those look like sunshades to me? Zoom in on the top of the window, and you’ll see the rectangular cutout for where a window shade would go, same as the Air.

I wondered about that panel. However, it is considerably wider than the top edge of the sunshades in the Air and seems unnecessarily so to be the top edge of a sunshade. Perhaps it is a flip-up cover, but what would be the purpose of that when the Air sunshade aperture is so unobtrusive?

I have also noticed that the rear windows are never down more than about halfway in any photos. I suppose the wheel well cutouts prevent the glass from lowering further. Our dog is not going to like that.

One thing I agreed with @Drendino is that R1S is what Gravity needs to learn from instead of making ridicule of their efficiency.
I don’t know how Rivian did it in its 5-cycles EPA Test, it’s same EPA test like Tesla and Lucid, yet I can achieve +5% above their EPA with modest acceleration on a QUAD motors consumption and 22” wheels. Even later after Rivian adjusted +10 miles higher EPA after software update.
View attachment 16667

Now Rivian came out max pack 150kWh w/ 142kWh usable battery can now do EPA 400 miles. I don’t know how Rivian achieve this modest efficiency. Something about their new in-house developed dual motor and battery chemistry has tremendous boost, because with Coefficient Drag of 3.0, I am just awed of these numbers. And too bad I couldn’t upgrade to Max Pack once have Large Pack.

142 kWh and a EPA rating of 400 mi, for 355 Wh/mi | 2.8 mi/kWh is quite impressive.
View attachment 16668

Anyway, of course we know highest trim of Gravity will have 440 miles+. R1S highest trim of max 400 miles range starts at $99,000. Gravity has a serious opponent of R1S which already toppled over Model-X delivery going in 2nd year. Gravity can do it, it’s only 3 years behind R1S delivery schedule, I hope Lucid can keep up their schedule to grab SUV market share.
I’ve spent 2 out of the last 3 weeks in Panama, so I feel that I’ve missed a lot of the Gravity conversation. I have some catching up to do.

As an aside, during this time I only saw two EVs, a BYD and an RIS. Pretty amazing that I couldn’t even find a Tesla in Panama City.

I’ve spent 2 out of the last 3 weeks in Panama, so I feel that I’ve missed a lot of the Gravity conversation. I have some catching up to do.

As an aside, during this time I only saw two EVs, a BYD and an RIS. Pretty amazing that I couldn’t even find a Tesla in Panama City.

I was at Bueno Aires early this year. In 4 days, I saw ZERO Tesla. I did see some Smart Mini kind of EV. That’s it. EV desert in South America.

Oh I also rode taxi that is propane gas driven.

Shades of EQS excess . . . please tell me you will be able to turn this dashboard mood lighting off when driving at night. Between the direct glare and the reflections off the windshield, it would drive me crazy and probably be somewhat dangerous in some conditions. You can see how brightly it reflects even off the overhead mirror mount:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 8.31.22 AM.png

Shades of EQS excess . . . please tell me you will be able to turn this dashboard mood lighting off when driving at night. Between the direct glare and the reflections off the windshield, it would drive me crazy and probably be somewhat dangerous in some conditions. You can see how brightly it reflects even off the overhead mirror mount:

View attachment 16735
That was one of my main disappointments with the gravity's design. After all the subtlety that we love from the Air, this light bar was a shocking change.

There are also other ways that I am disappointed with the gravity such as the removal of the two tone seats, but overall I quite like it and think it strikes a nice balance between mainstream and the classic Air looks.

View attachment 16735
My best guess is yes since they have that screen clutter reduction setting, forgot the exact name they gave it.

That was one of my main disappointments with the gravity's design. After all the subtlety that we love from the Air, this light bar was a shocking change.

There are also other ways that I am disappointed with the gravity such as the removal of the two tone seats, but overall I quite like it and think it strikes a nice balance between mainstream and the classic Air looks.

Agree. I, too, am mostly blown away by the Gravity's overall design, both inside and out. But I am also a fan to the two-tone seats of the Air and, owning a Tesla Model S Plaid with that execrable yoke, am also seriously worried about the Gravity's "squircle" steering device. Here's hoping Lucid knows what it's doing in that quarter.

My best guess is yes since they have that screen clutter reduction setting, forgot the exact name they gave it.

Dave Flint and Derek Jenkins refer to it as "digital detox". While I think that is a very useful feature, for most of my local night driving I would want the full screen displays . . . but without that dashboard arcade lighting. At the same time, I love the subtle nighttime lighting on the door panels and the roof strip of our Air. So, I'm hoping those dashboard arcade strips can be turned off independently of the rest of the interior mood lighting.

Given how many complaints there have been about the dashboard stitching of the Air reflecting off the windshield during the day, I hope Lucid is not going to occasion similar complaints with this nighttime lighting, which could be far more distracting.

The Air’s interior lighting can be switched off entirely. There’s no reason to believe they won’t do the same in Gravity.

Look, I was the one who worried before I got my Air that the mood lighting was too much. But I just picked a color, dimmed it, and all was good.

The Air’s interior lighting can be switched off entirely. There’s no reason to believe they won’t do the same in Gravity.

I guess that's part of my worry. I think the Air's interior lighting is both subtle and very attractive in night driving, especially with dimming and color control. And I've had passengers comment on how nice it is. I'd hate to have to give that up just to get that dashboard arcade lighting turned off.

I'm going on about this because I view this forum as perhaps our best way to get our thoughts brought into the equation while Lucid is still finalizing these kinds of design details.

It wasn’t that shocking in person. The main difference between the Gravity and the EQS is that the Gravity (and Air) all use diffuse light that is reflected off a surface rather than bright light that’s in your face, which is what’s in the EQS.

Given that you can dim and turn off the lighting in an Air, I have no reason to suspect they won’t do the same in the Gravity.

I liked the two tone seats too, tbh, but the Gravity is more of a people mover than a “driver’s car,” at least when compared to the Air. Maybe that was their thinking.

It wasn’t that shocking in person. The main difference between the Gravity and the EQS is that the Gravity (and Air) all use diffuse light that is reflected off a surface rather than bright light that’s in your face, which is what’s in the EQS.

Given that you can dim and turn off the lighting in an Air, I have no reason to suspect they won’t do the same in the Gravity.

I liked the two tone seats too, tbh, but the Gravity is more of a people mover than a “driver’s car,” at least when compared to the Air. Maybe that was their thinking.
Wait, but it isnt diffused light; arent there just strips on the dashboard visible in hmp's picture?

And that was also my thinking for gravity. The darker seats are for "driving focus," so it is understandable gravity doesnt have it. But it still does look cool(and luxorious) to have two tone..

Wait, but it isnt diffused light; arent there just strips on the dashboard visible in hmp's picture?

And that was also my thinking for gravity. The darker seats are for "driving focus," so it is understandable gravity doesnt have it. But it still does look cool(and luxorious) to have two tone..
Instead of being a LED strip that is out and visible, it's hidden under a lip. Think of it as a LED soffit.

I love the ambient lighting in my GT and am probably a minority who wishes that it had the potential to be a tad brighter, with more color options.

Instead of being a LED strip that is out and visible, it's hidden under a lip. Think of it as a LED soffit.
That does make sense, thank you.
I love the ambient lighting in my GT and am probably a minority who wishes that it had the potential to be a tad brighter, with more color options.
Various tastes are different, as evidenced by the EQS vs Lucid debate. I do wish there was a exposed light strip similar to the one on the gravity(ONLY for the doors) and the rear seat of the air.

Also, per rgb colors need to be added if they have that ability!

The light may be diffused, but it was bright enough to reflect in the bottom of the black mirror mount at the top of the windshield. Even diffuse lighting reflects in glass.

The light may be diffused, but it was bright enough to reflect in the bottom of the black mirror mount at the top of the windshield. Even diffuse lighting reflects in glass.
Sure. But anyway, you'll be able to dim it and turn it off.

Why not wait and see it in person? Not sure where you got the photo but that can all be enhanced to show the lighting and might not be a true indication of brightness in reality. The ambient lighting in the Air is fully adjustable so I see no reason for it not to be in the Gravity.

Why not wait and see it in person? Not sure where you got the photo but that can all be enhanced to show the lighting and might not be a true indication of brightness in reality. The ambient lighting in the Air is fully adjustable so I see no reason for it not to be in the Gravity.
Marketing photos get "enhanced" all the time. They also are often 3D renderings.

As far as we know, there are exactly 2 Gravity cars in existence as of today. And those are show cars that are still very much "pre-production."

So nothing is finalized on those cars, even if this pic came from one of them. But for the sake of noting that many of us here don't want Lucid to go all "bling" with Gravity, it's good that it was voiced here for whomever at Lucid peruses these forums. Just in case they lose their minds in the course of the next year. however unlikely.

Personally, I trust the designers at Lucid to have good taste. It's a lost art when I look around the rest of the industry. I find it hard to believe Lucid will fall prey to the current trends and will continue to keep their elegant style on brand.

Back