Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in San Diego, confirmed in November last year, recieved a VIN back in April, and still have no car. Since our cars are both being delivered in SoCal, it is not where he lives. Baffling to me.
I live in San Diego, confirmed in November last year, recieved a VIN back in April, and still have no car. Since our cars are both being delivered in SoCal, it is not where he lives. Baffling to me.
Also live inSan Diego, May 11 Vin # no delivery date, you should get yours before me.

With deliveries beginning to resume, I have to assume it’ll be a steady flow now since they are catching up from April to now.

Are any new vins being assigned? Like deliveries stopped it doesn't appear production has restarted. Anyone heard from their DA when they may start again? I wonder if they will be 2023 model year after the restart?

With deliveries beginning to resume, I have to assume it’ll be a steady flow now since they are catching up from April to now.
Don‘t know if one would call it a ‘steady flow’ of deliveries. My DA’s email sad ‘July’ delivery for my April vIN. It means another 3-7 weeks from today on top of the 7 I have already waited Since the VIN on top of the 7 months I have waited since confirming. I’d say they are still having issues.

Don‘t know if one would call it a ‘steady flow’ of deliveries. My DA’s email sad ‘July’ delivery for my April vIN. It means another 3-7 weeks from today on top of the 7 I have already waited Since the VIN on top of the 7 months I have waited since confirming. I’d say they are still having issues.
May 4th confirmation for me. No VIN Yet. Dude said July delivery. There is no way that is happening based on what I read here. All I know is I better get it before that September Luxury tax rolls in.

May 4th confirmation for me. No VIN Yet. Dude said July delivery. There is no way that is happening based on what I read here. All I know is I better get it before that September Luxury tax rolls in.
Shocking you were told July delivery with a May 4th confirmation.

I imagine there’s quite a few cars caught up in PDI before you so now with no bottlenecks via recall they can finally start delivering again.

I imagine there’s quite a few cars caught up in PDI before you so now with no bottlenecks via recall they can finally start delivering again.
Not even in PDI. Still in the factory. Only just been primed and painted. From the email “It has finished the majority of production including body-in-white and paint shop.”

I think these recent deliveries are all vehicles that were already at the Service Centers when all this started early May. We have not seen a Bear's Workshop flyover with any significant number of cars in the lot furthest from the factory, which appears to be the lot they load the cars for delivery in.

A July delivery timeframe for cars that have VIN's issued in April really tells me they probably have a parts/supply chain issue. This is somewhat supported by all of those cars in that intermediate lot being uncovered. We really do not know as Lucid is not communicating anything.

At some point, the Service Centers are going to get the cars they have on-site delivered and they will either be receiving new arrivals or they won't. There will be no way for Lucid to remain silent on this issue, either when that happens or at the quarterly earnings call.

In my opinion, Lucid should really just come out with a press release or some other form of communication that lets the market know what is going on. This "pause" is material enough to warrant such a release and opportunity to reset guidance. Their stock has already taken a hit. The quarterly numbers will be abysmal. Everyone can somewhat understand supply chain issues.

Last edited:
Not even in PDI. Still in the factory. Only just been painted. From the email “It has finished the majority of production including body-in-white and paint shop.”
WHAT????
How can a car that has had a VIN issued April 26, seven weeks ago, only just now be entering paint? What are they doing, assigning VIN's as soon as the little metal plate with the number is stamped? Were the issues serious enough that they had to scrap a batch of cars and start over? When did you get this email and what date was this status supposed to reflect?

If that is the status of your car, then mine is just a "glimmer in the eye of its' mother", or however that saying goes, just bits and pieces with a VIN plate taped to a spreadsheet next to my name. I keep hearing from my contact (two levels of management above the DAs) that he is working on getting me the specific status of my vehicle. He has been saying this since last Tuesday. I would bet that they know the status and it is not "good news" so it keeps dragging out, especially given what you have heard.

Don't get me wrong, if the problems were serious enough to make it necessary to rebuild a bunch of cars, I would rather them do that than the alternative. Just tell me "there has been an issue that will cause a delay in your delivery until mid(pick a month)". At least I will have some sort of expectation.

I love good news, I can deal with bad news, no news is unacceptable.

Last edited:
FAFF7F8D-21C9-44C2-B6D7-0B339B82AE55.jpeg

I confirmed March 29th or so... My DA told me a few weeks ago I should have my VIN this week and the car mid to end of July. I personally think I won't see it until August.

And yea, I am hopeful but not expecting the car in my driveway until August, at best.

Not even in PDI. Still in the factory. Only just been primed and painted. From the email “It has finished the majority of production including body-in-white and paint shop.”

Yes, I know. I am referring to the bottle neck at the service centers, specifically cars in PDI that we’re waiting on recall specs.

I confirmed March 29th or so... My DA told me a few weeks ago I should have my VIN this week and the car mid to end of July. I personally think I won't see it until August.

And yea, I am hopeful but not expecting the car in my driveway until August, at best.
I’m in a similar spot. I confirmed on 4/5 and was told last week that I would have my VIN by mid to the end of June. My DA has a lot of conviction about this, so I am happy to give the benefit of the doubt. I’m expecting my car in early August, but the end of July is possible

WHAT????
How can a car that has had a VIN issued April 26, seven weeks ago, only just now be entering paint? What are they doing, assigning VIN's as soon as the little metal plate with the number is stamped? Were the issues serious enough that they had to scrap a batch of cars and start over? When did you get this email and what date was this status supposed to reflect?

If that is the status of your car, then mine is just a "glimmer in the eye of its' mother", or however that saying goes, just bits and pieces with a VIN plate taped to a spreadsheet next to my name. I keep hearing from my contact (two levels of management above the DAs) that he is working on getting me the specific status of my vehicle. He has been saying this since last Tuesday. I would bet that they know the status and it is not "good news" so it keeps dragging out, especially given what you have heard.

Don't get me wrong, if the problems were serious enough to make it necessary to rebuild a bunch of cars, I would rather them do that than the alternative. Just tell me "there has been an issue that will cause a delay in your delivery until mid(pick a month)". At least I will have some sort of expectation.

I love good news, I can deal with bad news, no news is unacceptable.
I spoke to my DA this morning - As the last grey VIN assigned I am pretty convinced they did that mainly to get me off their backs and not because there was an actual vehicle moving through production. He did say that more resources have been sent to the service centers last week and this has allowed Riviera Beach to deliver cars this past weekend and, he said, "hopefully today" as well. The implication was that the PDI bottleneck could be easing; he generally attributed the delays to additional inspections times at both the factory and the SC's.. Of course, no inkling of what stage my vehicle was at, but definitely has not come out of the factory.

It's been a few weeks since you talked to your DA - you need to talk to him for an update. The timeline you were given is no longer valid. I'm a week behind you for confirmation and recently got an update:
VIN within 6 weeks. Leave the factory within 8 weeks after VIN assignment. That would put me at the end of September. He did use the word "within" which could mean those numbers are at the outer limits. With the recall and apparent factory shutdown due to alleged QA/QC issues, I think Lucid is taking serious action to address issues in the factory and it could be delaying things.
Maybe your DA meant to say VIN by July. Like I wrote above, I'm not expecting my VIN until the end of July and I'm a month ahead of you.

I think these recent deliveries are all vehicles that were already at the Service Centers when all this started early May. We have not seen a Bear's Workshop flyover with any significant number of cars in the lot furthest from the factory, which appears to be the lot they load the cars for delivery in.

A July delivery timeframe for cars that have VIN's issued in April really tells me they probably have a parts/supply chain issue. This is somewhat supported by all of those cars in that intermediate lot being uncovered. We really do not know as Lucid is not communicating anything.

At some point, the Service Centers are going to get the cars they have on-site delivered and they will either be receiving new arrivals or the won't. There will be no way for Lucid to remain silent on this issue, either when that happens or at the quarterly earnings call.

In my opinion, Lucid should really just come out with a press release or some other form of communication that lets the market know what is going on. This "pause" is material enough to warrant such a release and opportunity to reset guidance. Their stock has already taken a hit. The quarterly numbers will be abysmal. Everyone can somewhat understand supply chain issues.
There is certainly some issue that is affecting PDI too. When I switched from Grey to Red on May 3, I was told the red car was already in Scottsdale and would have been delivered to the previous assignee two days later. I got my VIN on May 4, but then my delivery started slipping and now is nowhere, like the rest.

Something must have been very bad in the factory to have killed delivery for a month and a half (and counting). If it was the panel misalignment issue we've heard about, was it due to poor workmanship by human assemblers, poor programming of robots, poor tooling of the panels, or what? Humans can adjust quickly. Robots can be reprogrammed pretty quickly too. But crappy tooling takes months to fix. Certainly there was something bad in final inspection that let the cars get to delivery centers.

Ramping as a small company has got to be a massive challenge. I don't know how truly good their manufacturing people are, and I worry that if it's staffed with folks from established auto companies, are they capable of working outside the biggies? For example, if you work for, say, Mercedes, and you ask a supplier for something, that supplier says "Right away!" But if you work for Lucid, that supplier won't return your phone call unless you know how to convince them, and that takes skill, effort and time. Ask me how I know.

I am very glad they seem to have stopped everything to fix the issue. That is the sign of a company devoted to quality (unlike Tesla, which probably would have shipped the cars anyway). But I am VERY sorry Lucid is a public company because it prevents them from being up front with issues. They should have never gone public until production was strong. And I don't know why they did-- it's not like the Saudi Wealth Fund was looking for a cash out. I suspect pressure from other investors and maybe even insiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back