Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be starting up again like now?
You might think that, but I really have no clue when I might take delivery. I just heard from my DA that he was really "going to try to get my delivery completed before I go out of the country on 6/20". Problem with that is that I actually leave on 6/15. At this point, I do not want the car just a few days before I go out of the country, just to have it sit in my garage for three weeks. I would much rather they make sure they deliver a car that has as small a chance of needing a Service Center visit in the short term as possible.

All of these screen problems, erratic software issues, etc. really have me questioning whether this car, and Lucid's Service infrastructure is really ready to ramp.

You might think that, but I really have no clue when I might take delivery. I just heard from my DA that he was really "going to try to get my delivery completed before I go out of the country on 6/20". Problem with that is that I actually leave on 6/15. At this point, I do not want the car just a few days before I go out of the country, just to have it sit in my garage for three weeks. I would much rather they make sure they deliver a car that has as small a chance of needing a Service Center visit in the short term as possible.

All of these screen problems, erratic software issues, etc. really have me questioning whether this car, and Lucid's Service infrastructure is really ready to ramp.
The silence from Lucid on this issue is deafening. I can understand taking time to polish your message and coordinate the various departments but to remain silent this long is disturbing. The lack of any deliberate and substantive communication is disturbing. Maybe this is how the British CEO's operate.

The silence from Lucid on this issue is deafening. I can understand taking time to polish your message and coordinate the various departments but to remain silent this long is disturbing. The lack of any deliberate and substantive communication is disturbing. Maybe this is how the British CEO's operate.
Part of the problem with public companies is that their CEOs often have to care more about the stock price than their customers. So they obfuscate, delay bad news, tweak their message in every way possible to keep investors from being spooked. Meanwhile, the actual people buying the product are left confused and frustrated. It's really a terrible system. I had hoped Lucid might do better in this regard, but they appear to be a pretty typical public company in this regard so far.

Part of the problem with public companies is that their CEOs often have to care more about the stock price than their customers. So they obfuscate, delay bad news, tweak their message in every way possible to keep investors from being spooked. Meanwhile, the actual people buying the product are left confused and frustrated. It's really a terrible system. I had hoped Lucid might do better in this regard, but they appear to be a pretty typical public company in this regard so far.
I can tell my DA is doing all he can given the lack of information/guidance he receives. I can imagine their staff meetings are horribly deflating given management is leaving them powerless with their customers. I have been the CEO of a public. It's a mine field when it comes to communication but the best default is to communicate. They will definitely need to learn to be more transparent if they intend to keep the stakeholders confidence and trust

While typical, it is not good practice, especially in this market with the stock price where it is. Now is the time to be brutally honest and transparent. The more public the news is, the less chance to get sued due to leaks and non-disclosure. In my opinion, it is not good strategy to remain this silent, let leaks dictate customer clarity and let the customers be creative in their own narratives. Absolute silence is the worst.

My DA has told me he is trying to schedule a call with some VP of Sales named Guy "something or other", but that I "might not get any new news". So, it's pass the buck up the chain and hope that the customer is just impressed that someone higher up is talking with me, but telling me nothing. Not impressed so far, but we'll see. Heck, maybe they will surprise me. Set my expectations so low, they can't help but be exceeded.;)

Last edited:
I’ve got my first ever call with my DA scheduled for tomorrow morning. Given that nothing is going on, that they want us to know about, I‘m inclined to just give it a miss. Can’t imagine he’d have anything useful or informative to tell me.

I’ve got my first ever call with my DA scheduled for tomorrow morning. Given that nothing is going on, that they want us to know about, I‘m inclined to just give it a miss. Can’t imagine he’d have anything useful or informative to tell me.
Don't skip it. The first call is where your configuration, delivery plans and payment plans are discussed and confirmed so that your car can get its place in line for production.

My DA called just now and said my delivery was ready for June 7th provided I pay them 🤪. He will get back to me with the price for a full-size spare with time that matches the Car’s Tire/Rim.
That's awesome! PAY THEM!!!!

It sounds like you’re creating an over complicated situation for yourself and your getting sensitive about people asking you about it 😅. Personally, I wouldn’t expect what you’re trying to do to be easy or roll over smoothly at all. Those rumors you’re hearing are BS btw…
I would be very surprised if they do not come
Up with a redesigned steering wheel. I believe that is one of the more common issues discussed here. Maybe people just buy these as toys but for those of us who want this as our everyday car hopefully do not want to drive with a squeaky steering. Improvements in subsequent years are normal so why not a redesigned Windshield.
Time will tell.

Let’s not talk stock price lol. He has done nothing to shore it up. Hopefully people loaded back up at 13.xx but long term holders(me) have been a bit frustrated with how they have handled it IMO. This ride to around 20 is encouraging but the market has been erratic and they have a lot of people who do not want them to succeed. You see even the positive articles end with a BUT…

From the tracker, the last delivery was on 15 May, and that was the only gray that has been delivered, also he must have known someone as he jumped many other gray orders. that's a long time w/ no deliveries. Obviously, there is a problem. Guess it's better to wait and get a car that has little or no problems than to take delivery of a car that has to back to fix whatever problems they are working on now.

My DA called just now and said my delivery was ready for June 7th provided I pay them 🤪. He will get back to me with the price for a full-size spare with time that matches the Car’s Tire/Rim.
What color is your car??

Deliveries have completely stopped. Anyone know how long this vacuum is supposed to last?
A car cannot be sold whilst it has an active recall on it. So, with the enhanced PDI and now probably having to check every car to make sure the wiring harness is secured is probably pushing things back further and further.

What are your order details? I did not see you on the Tracker. Order Date/Confirmation Date/VIN Assignment Date

What are your order details? I did not see you on the Tracker. Order Date/Confirmation Date/VIN Assignment Date
I am not there I am a newbie. Jan25/Feb/March2022.
I am special QG/Mojave 19” Range.

Please do not steal my car 🤪🤪🤪

Can't/wouldn't do that, but if you are taking delivery June 7, you must be very lucky and should go buy some lottery tickets.:) You appear to have jumped the line by quite a margin.

I am not there I am a newbie. Jan25/Feb/March2022.
I am special QG/Mojave 19” Range.

Please do not steal my car 🤪🤪🤪

Do you know what day you confirmed / received VIN assignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back