• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I was commenting on the fact that there were later confirmations that have VINs (and I am not in the "gray delay" category) not on the process.

It all seems to be a big, mysterious waiting game....

To which I would add - and all very, very arbitrary.

Last edited:
To which I would add - and all very, very arbitrary.
I too am wondering the same thing. I am wondering if your car is being delivered to your home has anything to do with it. Cars being delivered to your home will be much more expensive than being picked up at a service center. I am 685 miles from the service center in FL that my DA says my car will be delivered from. If the service center screws up the PDI and the car has to be sent back to the service center for repair, the costs begin to increase significantly. Maybe they are doing a more thorough inspection on home delivered cars, so they won't have to send it back to the service center. That, for me, is a good thing. But I just don't know. Any thoughts on this, or experiences related to this?

Was assigned a new DA yesterday and was told that Lucid will not announce any timeline for VIN to delivery. The bottlenecks at the Service centers are real and will take time to work through. Also, they are trying to ramp up production which will only add to future bottlenecks, as they have limited capacity for PDI at these locations. There is a possibility of future supply constraints in both the manufacturing process and in the trucking. My car is queued for a production batch, which may happen soon or it may not. Delivery is now, and this is just a guess, estimated to be August, a 2 month delay from the previous DA's guess for a March 23 confirmation date.

If Lucid is having a trucking problem it's time they buy two or three car (GRAVITY) carriers. A few 450 dually and trailers. If this is bottleneck time is money so this seems to me the solution. Then post on Indeed for drivers.

I too am wondering the same thing. I am wondering if your car is being delivered to your home has anything to do with it. Cars being delivered to your home will be much more expensive than being picked up at a service center. I am 685 miles from the service center in FL that my DA says my car will be delivered from. If the service center screws up the PDI and the car has to be sent back to the service center for repair, the costs begin to increase significantly. Maybe they are doing a more thorough inspection on home delivered cars, so they won't have to send it back to the service center. That, for me, is a good thing. But I just don't know. Any thoughts on this, or experiences related to this?
Location, delivery method, color, interior all plays into the order they produce and deliver.

They are struggling to find third party logistics truck drivers to deliver. Someone on this forum had their home delivery delayed twice cause they couldn’t find truck drivers.

Location, delivery method, color, interior all plays into the order they produce and deliver.

They are struggling to find third party logistics truck drivers to deliver. Someone on this forum had their home delivery delayed twice cause they couldn’t find truck drivers.

I think we have enough members here who could volunteer to be truck drivers to help with the deliveries!!

I think we have enough members here who could volunteer to be truck drivers to help with the deliveries!!
I would totally tow a Lucid in my Lucid and I think we probably know more about the car than delivery day associates...

I’ve wondered a lot about picking up at the Goose Island center, partly due to this issue, partly to get the drive back, but mainly cause I’m getting impatient. Would probably take the train to Chicago from Minneapolis & hang out for a day - would be nice to meet the folks there. Anyone know of any Goose Island pick ups?

I really want to do this or at least the closeby service centers, but I am thinking about the paint chips...
Yeah I live 30 miles north of Casa Grande and would much rather pickup from the factory and have a tour than go to Scottsdale to pickup.

Yeah I live 30 miles north of Casa Grande and would much rather pickup from the factory and have a tour than go to Scottsdale to pickup.

Yeah that's not too bad, but I live in Chicago which is a 3-day road trip (which I don't mind) but I am worried about what kind of wear and tear I put on it before getting it protected.

I really want to do this or at least the closeby service centers, but I am thinking about the paint chips...

We're driving all the way from Cali to Indy. Paint chips are inevitable. I have no intention of doing any PPF. Maybe I'm lucky I haven't had a chip on the front end that was that noticeable. Windshield, now that's a different story, replaced 3 on two vehicles. Currently have a chip that may warrant replacement but will be getting AGT so won't bother.

Mine was delayed by one day because of the trucking company not being available on the day I was available, but that was just one day (which feels like an eternity when you’re waiting for a car you’re so excited about haha)

Yeah that's not too bad, but I live in Chicago which is a 3-day road trip (which I don't mind) but I am worried about what kind of wear and tear I put on it before getting it protected.
Because of two service visits and then a road trip before I got PPF put on (I drove almost 1K miles before I got it protected) I ended up with one tiny chip on the hood, but it’s barely noticeable. Whoever is doing your PPF can just correct any paint chips if they happen, might just add a couple days to the process. I didn’t have my guy correct it because it was barely noticeable. What you DEFINITELY want to do though is carry around a spot cleaner spray of your choice, I use the chemical guys one, and a few edgeless microfiber towels, and try to get off bugs/bird crap as it happens. The front of the car is super prone to bug splatter, I think the aero of the car makes anything that hits is smear. It took a lot of work to get the bug splatter off the car before I brought it in for PPF.

I am over a month since VIN was issued and the Car is still “in production“ as far as I know, with absolutely no clarity as to when to expect delivery.

Grey/Mojave/21”
Order date 1/2/21
confirmation date 11/16/21
VIN issued 4/28/22

I am over a month since VIN was issued and the Car is still “in production“ as far as I know, with absolutely no clarity as to when to expect delivery.

Grey/Mojave/21”
Order date 1/2/21
confirmation date 11/16/21
VIN issued 4/28/22
My VIN was 4/28 as well. I did speak with DA last week who told me car was at Service Center waiting final inspection. Said there unfortunately is a bottleneck with new final inspections and would reach out to me next week with update. While I am very anxious to get car, at this point I’d rather it go through rigorous inspection and have fewer issues.

Mine is still ‘in production‘ and entering week 6 since the VIN, now passing 6 months since confirming and almost 1 year, 2 months since ordering. Crickets and no explanation for the delay From Lucid. My DA seems to be AWOL.

Grey/Santa Cruz/ 19”
Order date 4/9/21
confirmation date 11/30/21
VIN issued 4/26/22

Mine is still ‘in production‘ and entering week 6 since the VIN, now passing 6 months since confirming and almost 1 year, 2 months since ordering. Crickets and no explanation for the delay From Lucid. My DA seems to be AWOL.

Grey/Santa Cruz/ 19”
Order date 4/9/21
confirmation date 11/30/21
VIN issued 4/26/22
I have a similar experience... 6 months since order, finally got a VIN 3 weeks ago... no sign of delivery schedule

Cosmos Silver GT update from DA today. He confirmed 20” wheel delay until 4th quarter. He said this would impact my delivery. I switched to 21” wheels. He indicated Silver Vins to begin in one to two months. Sounded to me like best case Silver delivery is August, most likely September for November commitment dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back