Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DA just told me that even though I was expecting my VIN a week or two ago, I probably won't get it until mid-June... Confirmed GT QG 19" 3/29.

Well, I’ve got this….now I just need the car.
3C67591D-209C-4EAB-A3F3-F68BCAEC5CC6.jpeg

I have been gone from this forum for a while. In the meantime, there was a miscommunication that set me back a bit. Anyway, I have a different VIN and a different car. It is now a white 21" Tahoe. I got the new VIN about 5/15. The car was already paid for, but Lucid took some time to do the paperwork. My car is in Florida and Lucid has not given me any dates on moving the car back to Dallas. When I accepted the change, I assumed the car would start moving, since it was paid in full, but I was told there is a pause on delivering cars. I was given no reason for that. Does anyone know anything about the pause on delivering?

Has anyone funded their loan without receiving their car? My car has been at service center for 1 month and I have my loan application expiring tomorrow ( so I would lose my interest rate and need a whole new credit hit) It definitely is not the best option to pay for something you don't have or know you want to accept once delivered. I was just wondering if someone has, what Lucid has offered to do. Whether they will cover the payments and interest until car is delivered, or if they haven't offered to do anything. When speaking to my DA you can tell something is up as he literally wont give me exactly why my car is not done and now said he has had to put his foot in his mouth already this week when it came to delivery timeframes. He's now saying could be few more weeks but has no idea.

Has anyone funded their loan without receiving their car? My car has been at service center for 1 month and I have my loan application expiring tomorrow ( so I would lose my interest rate and need a whole new credit hit) It definitely is not the best option to pay for something you don't have or know you want to accept once delivered. I was just wondering if someone has, what Lucid has offered to do. Whether they will cover the payments and interest until car is delivered, or if they haven't offered to do anything. When speaking to my DA you can tell something is up as he literally wont give me exactly why my car is not done and now said he has had to put his foot in his mouth already this week when it came to delivery timeframes. He's now saying could be few more weeks but has no idea.
I know this happened to early Dream owners and Lucid ended up offering to give the money back due to delays in delivery. However, when I was sorting the financing for my car Lucid was adamant to not pay anything until they gave the green light and is probably a result of a change in process due to what happened to the Dream owners. If you want to lock in your interest rate then I would suspect they won't cover anything because they're advising customers not to do this.

So its interesting you have brought this up. My loan is complete and lucid has been funded and first payment with BOA is due in June and I haven't seen the car other than photos. So its in Fl at the service center and has gotten caught up in the new Quality control process and the recall on the wiring harness. to be honest i was getting real short with my DA up till last week because of this issue but i know its out of their hands and with me being in NC I'd rather wait a bit and know its right. I talked with him today and he said they hope to move through the cars quickly since they now have the procedure for the recall and the new inspection guidelines. They did say something about interest fees for those that are in this situation but nothing concrete at this point.

I scheduled a call with my DA today to get an updated estimate on receiving a VIN and on delivery (GT, grey, Mojave, 19”, confirmed 14 Dec 2021). Estimate now for VIN is mid to late June, with delivery 2-6 weeks afterward. I also asked what the timeline would be if I switched to silver (which I’d prefer), and was told late third or early fourth quarter, presumably based on my confirmation date. Based on this, I’ll stick with the grey.

I also asked for the latest on Lucid Home Connected Charger availability, answer was still sometime in the third quarter. My DA did mention that Lucid had announced the price for this home charger ($1200).

I scheduled a call with my DA today to get an updated estimate on receiving a VIN and on delivery (GT, grey, Mojave, 19”, confirmed 14 Dec 2021). Estimate now for VIN is mid to late June, with delivery 2-6 weeks afterward. I also asked what the timeline would be if I switched to silver (which I’d prefer), and was told late third or early fourth quarter, presumably based on my confirmation date. Based on this, I’ll stick with the grey.

I also asked for the latest on Lucid Home Connected Charger availability, answer was still sometime in the third quarter. My DA did mention that Lucid had announced the price for this home charger ($1200).
Wait, can you order their charger now?

This is significant news, given your confirmation date. There are many of us after you who’ve been told to expect a vin any day (over the last 2 weeks), and I know many in your timeframe have expected the same already. So, we are all getting pushed out even further. I have a call scheduled with my DA tomorrow & am now expecting to get some bad news (2/15/22 confirmation). I’d love to learn if there is a long term plan to manage the PDI at the factories, as someone already suggested, since the service centers will just get overwhelmed given the current process. Hoping someone announces some good news tomorrow.

Wait, can you order their charger now?
I didn’t specifically ask about whether the charger can be ordered or not, sorry - only got informed that availability is sometime in the third quarter. I did ask my DA if he could be more specific, but “third quarter” was all the information he’d been given.

I know this happened to early Dream owners and Lucid ended up offering to give the money back due to delays in delivery. However, when I was sorting the financing for my car Lucid was adamant to not pay anything until they gave the green light and is probably a result of a change in process due to what happened to the Dream owners. If you want to lock in your interest rate then I would suspect they won't cover anything because they're advising customers not to do this.
So its interesting you have brought this up. My loan is complete and lucid has been funded and first payment with BOA is due in June and I haven't seen the car other than photos. So its in Fl at the service center and has gotten caught up in the new Quality control process and the recall on the wiring harness. to be honest i was getting real short with my DA up till last week because of this issue but i know its out of their hands and with me being in NC I'd rather wait a bit and know its right. I talked with him today and he said they hope to move through the cars quickly since they now have the procedure for the recall and the new inspection guidelines. They did say something about interest fees for those that are in this situation but nothing concrete at this point.
We are in the same boat. Our DA told us that they would cover the interest on any payments made before delivery of the vehicle.

I didn’t specifically ask about whether the charger can be ordered or not, sorry - only got informed that availability is sometime in the third quarter. I did ask my DA if he could be more specific, but “third quarter” was all the information he’d been given.
Unless you want to have the ability to use the car's battery for your home you can get a very good charger from Amazon for half the price of the Lucid charger.

Unless you want to have the ability to use the car's battery for your home you can get a very good charger from Amazon for half the price of the Lucid charger.
Yes, I’m waiting for the Lucid charger because of the V2H capability. I live at the tail end of our electric utility’s service line, so we get power outages fairly often during major storms. Worth the wait and expense, especially given how expensive Powerwall or generator installations are, as other posts in this forum have noted. Here’s hoping the V2H thing actually works as promised.

Wow got two voicemails and a text to ask me to confirm my order. When asked about my existing delivery the answer was - here is the phone number and “Anyone” on that line can help me. Told him I talked to “anyone” last Friday and did not hear boo from anyone since. Told him do not expect me to confirm before June 30th. I am in no hurry to get that car.
that ZZ69 issue does not sound encouraging glad they are doing 3rd inspections, Another item for my man Eugene to check up on for me. Watched the 2nd Youtube Video of Rawlinson explaining using every Sq Inch-of space and how the wheels are closer than any car to the drivers foot and the passengers’ Hip. Can’t wait to see the Crash test results. I bet that could lead to some of these suspension issues because everything needs to be precisely in the right place and millimeters count. That is per Rawlinson, not me.

Wow got two voicemails and a text to ask me to confirm my order. When asked about my existing delivery the answer was - here is the phone number and “Anyone” on that line can help me. Told him I talked to “anyone” last Friday and did not hear boo from anyone since. Told him do not expect me to confirm before June 30th. I am in no hurry to get that car.
that ZZ69 issue does not sound encouraging glad they are doing 3rd inspections, Another item for my man Eugene to check up on for me. Watched the 2nd Youtube Video of Rawlinson explaining using every Sq Inch-of space and how the wheels are closer than any car to the drivers foot and the passengers’ Hip. Can’t wait to see the Crash test results. I bet that could lead to some of these suspension issues because everything needs to be precisely in the right place and millimeters count. That is per Rawlinson, not me.
I think I’m a little confused. You originally came here looking for help on deciding if you should take delivery of your order (which I believe was nearing delivery). You must have been satisfied and actually reserved a second vehicle a few days ago ahead of the price hike. Then Lucid called to do their job and assist you in confirming the second order, but you told them to pound sand because you are not satisfied with the info or lack of info on the first order.

Now you feel that it is an unsafe vehicle after watching Rawlinson’s video and no longer plan on taking delivery of either?

I think I’m a little confused. You originally came here looking for help on deciding if you should take delivery of your order (which I believe was nearing delivery). You must have been satisfied and actually reserved a second vehicle a few days ago ahead of the price hike. Then Lucid called to do their job and assist you in confirming the second order, but you told them to pound sand because you are not satisfied with the info or lack of info on the first order.

Now you feel that it is an unsafe vehicle after watching Rawlinson’s video and no longer plan on taking delivery of either?
I will take delivery of the first one and hope I get one of the better ones. The second one is there in case they make changes in 2023 like the rumors of a better steering wheel and Windshield etc.

Yes I do have reservations after hearing some of these issues and unlike most this is supposed to be my primary vehicle. Looks like I need to cut down on my interactions here.
If they were doing their job they would have volunteered to find out about my upcoming delivery. Perhaps my expectations are different than yours and I am ok with it.

I will take delivery of the first one and hope I get one of the better ones. The second one is there in case they make changes in 2023 like the rumors of a better steering wheel and Windshield etc.

Yes I do have reservations after hearing some of these issues and unlike most this is supposed to be my primary vehicle. Looks like I need to cut down on my interactions here.
If they were doing their job they would have volunteered to find out about my upcoming delivery. Perhaps my expectations are different than yours and I am ok with it.
It sounds like you’re creating an over complicated situation for yourself and your getting sensitive about people asking you about it 😅. Personally, I wouldn’t expect what you’re trying to do to be easy or roll over smoothly at all. Those rumors you’re hearing are BS btw…

This is significant news, given your confirmation date. There are many of us after you who’ve been told to expect a vin any day (over the last 2 weeks), and I know many in your timeframe have expected the same already. So, we are all getting pushed out even further. I have a call scheduled with my DA tomorrow & am now expecting to get some bad news (2/15/22 confirmation). I’d love to learn if there is a long term plan to manage the PDI at the factories, as someone already suggested, since the service centers will just get overwhelmed given the current process. Hoping someone announces some good news tomorrow.
I confirmed in March 2022 and I was told mid-June by my DA yesterday as well.

Reactions: DJL
Deliveries have completely stopped. Anyone know how long this vacuum is supposed to last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back